Who would i contact if i wanted to try to block off parking

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Don M
    Participant

So, I am new to cars and coffee. I often go to Supercar Sundays in LA, so i do know how these type of events work for the most part. On July 14th, I am hosting a drive/rally that is beginning at C&C and going down to HRE HQ in Irvine. I just wanted to get in contact with whoever helps run C&C Irvine, because this event has gotten a lot of expressed interest (much more than expected), and i think it is getting to the point that there may be over 100 cars coming out to C&C that will be rolling with our group. With this many cars, i feel like it might get confusing and possibly even dangerous if everyone is trying to speed around at the last minute to catch up with the group. For safety reasons, it would be really nice if there was a section that was taped off that could be just for the cars attending the event to park in, and i would be willing to stand at the front asking people whether or not they would be attending in order to park in the section. This is just an idea, and i understand that it may not be possible, but i have about 75 people confirmed and many are bringing friends, and we are still 2 weeks out. Whoever may be in charge, feel free to contact me at charles.dupont88@gmail.com and i will also be out at the event this coming weekend in a black X5M with black rims. Thanks for any help!

Anonymous

You need to talk to Linda and John Clinard. Try to find them this weekend. Linda is usually at the entrance of the Irvine C&C gathering greeting people. I would NOT show up at Irvine C&C with a group of 100 cars, expecting/trying to park in the main show lot, especially if they are typical modern street-type cars. Your best bet is to talk ahead of time with the Clinards.

Anonymous

I would not expect any help from John Clinard about reserving parking of some kind. Instead, your group can simply show-up and park in the show lot (if bringing a car of interest) or the public parking area. Then, you determine a staging area nearby (Spectrum parking lot) that has an easy ingress onto the freeway. Like I said, simple.

Don M
    Participant

@YellowHaze 69230 wrote:

I would not expect any help from John Clinard about reserving parking of some kind. Instead, your group can simply show-up and park in the show lot (if bringing a car of interest) or the public parking area. Then, you determine a staging area nearby (Spectrum parking lot) that has an easy ingress onto the freeway. Like I said, simple.

This sounds like a good idea. If i can’t get a roped off area (and I’m preparing to not get one), i might ask the Clinard’s if i can just make some sort of announcement for the people that are attending to meet at a staging area. And Greg, the cars are going to be ranging from ferraris to lambos to old mustangs. Its basically just a bunch of guys just going for a nice saturday morning drive together.

Anonymous

@exfyvem 69236 wrote:

This sounds like a good idea. If i can’t get a roped off area (and I’m preparing to not get one), i might ask the Clinard’s if i can just make some sort of announcement for the people that are attending to meet at a staging area. And Greg, the cars are going to be ranging from ferraris to lambos to old mustangs. Its basically just a bunch of guys just going for a nice saturday morning drive together.

Email is your friend along with a friend in each car group who can spread the word. C&C is a free-for-all aside from organizing a ‘show within a show’ by reserving the corral as I have done a few times before. Then, one can make an announcement by having communicated a time to address all participants. Since you have not done so, simply post notices about meeting at the Spectrum parking lot (specify exact location) at a certain time with a deadline for departure. Be sure to allow for enough time for attendees to arrive and find the right place.

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.