What’s the real deal for Car’s n Coffee this weekend ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    titanflyer

Everyone:

I have been hearing rumors about some changes at Car’s n Coffee in Dallas recently.
    I’m not sure what to believe anymore.

– Were not going to be let in without a pass ? How do you get one ?
    – Were not going to be let in at all ?
    – You have to prove your car is worthy to get in ?

Myself, and our group have been attending and contributing to the Car’s n Coffee Charity monthly since it started about 3 years ago.
    I would honestly say that our group have almost had perfect attendance since the conception of this event.
    It sure would be sad if that would change. I enjoy contributing to charity events and its mostly what I prefer to attend in the Dallas area.

I personally have a highly modified 2004 Corvette Z06.

Here is my web site with all of my modifications, and custom work ( much of it installed by myself ).
    http://www.ToqueZ06.com

Most of my friends cars are also highly modified like mine. They are far from “Plane Jane” Corvettes that you see every day.

Can anyone come forward and let us all know what to expect when we show up Saturday morning ?

Should we bother going at all ? Or should scratch this charity event off our monthly event list ?

Thanks !
    Mark (Toque)
    President – Collin County Corvette Club
    MsilverZ06@yahoo.com

c2c2.jpg

titlepic.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll attempt to answer your questions.

@Toque 68184 wrote:

Were not going to be let in without a pass ? How do you get one ?

This, as of now, is not true. I’m sure you will be let in, pass or no pass. But, people who did get these lifetime passes will be guaranteed a spot before 8:30 from what I have heard. After 8:30…we don’t know. As for applying to get one, send a PM to Eric Maas. He is on this site, and his name is his screenname.

@Toque 68184 wrote:

Were not going to be let in at all ?

Well…that one is a bit tough to answer as of now. We need to hear from Eric first regarding the passes. But, if nothing changes, I’m sure you will need to simply get there early. I will warn you however that they have started to filter the cars a bit, but I don’t think Corvettes should be hit too hard. Yes, they will be “targeting” them, but I bet not nearly as much as the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger groups. From the shows I have been to, Corvettes really don’t overrun their allotted sections, while those other three do.
    @Toque 68184 wrote:

You have to prove your car is worthy to get in ?

I don’t think so. That’s the gatekeepers choice as to who they let in, and they have a period of just a few seconds to decide.
    @Toque 68184 wrote:

Should we bother going at all ? Or should scratch this charity event off our monthly event list ?

Well…I’ll let that be up to you. If you asked me, I would say yes, still go. But, we still need to hear from Eric regarding the passes.

titanflyer

Thank you for your reply Kevin. I appreciate that.
    Looking forward to hearing from Eric when he has time.

Since this is a Charity event has there been any thought about requiring admission fee’s at the entrance ?
    If the event coordinators are having to filter car’s entering the event, has there been any thought to finding a larger location to hold the event ?
    I would think that the more car’s that show, the more money could be generated for the charity.

Thanks !
    Toque

expewlypala
    Participant

Got this yesterday… No more lifetime passes are suppossedly being handed out. Also the charity thing has been brought up, it seems thats the least of there worries. Even per the email below, basically reading if your have a pass your in if not good luck but ohhh hey please come still and donate to our cause we dont want you to attend. Shakes head… Also BMW bought the rights to cars and coffee so they wont move it, since they want the business it brings….

Hello-
    Thank you for providing your car information for Cars and Coffee. Your information and the feedback that everyone has provided has helped us better Cars and Coffee. We are going to continue to collect information to help us better communicate. For the time being, we are going to hold off on handing out additional Life Time passes. For those of you who have received a pass, we will continue to honor it if you show up by 8:30 am. We hope to see all of you at the show on June 2 supporting March of Dimes. Continue to keep an eye on our forum at http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/.

Kind Regards-
    Cars and Coffee Staff

Remember to donate to our to the charity of the month.

smachine

@Kevin 68187 wrote:

… Yes, they will be “targeting” them, but I bet not nearly as much as the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger groups. From the shows I have been to, Corvettes really don’t overrun their allotted sections, while those other three do.

Since my main car I usually bring is a 1969 Camaro Z/28… I am getting from this thread and the email I received from C&C staff, that I shouldn’t bother going through the effort to get the car ready and show up. I don’t want to go through the effort if I am going to be turned away because my vehicle falls into a category which is highly populated with newly produced models.

The draw of C&C for me has always been the casual nature, and the ability to see everything… a Lamborghini Reventon, a custom rat rod, an Indian cycle, a Yugo, ricers, modders and everything in between. I love the ‘bring it if ya got it’ feel. It reminds me of meetups when I was a kid. I appreciate the logistical nightmare that this has become. It becomes evident when I show up at 8:00am and have difficulty finding a place to park. However, this is part of the draw.

I would certainly support the idea of paying an admission to support the charity of the month.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@satterwc 68201 wrote:

Since my main car I usually bring is a 1969 Camaro Z/28… I am getting from this thread and the email I received from C&C staff, that I shouldn’t bother going through the effort to get the car ready and show up. I don’t want to go through the effort if I am going to be turned away because my vehicle falls into a category which is highly populated with newly produced models.

I didn’t make it clear that they were doing it for the modern ones, not the classics. My apologies.

In all honesty, they shouldn’t filter classic muscle cars like what you have, and I don’t think they will have to. A ’69 Camaro is definitely more show worthy than a 2010 Camaro just picked up from the dealer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Psycho30 68196 wrote:

basically reading if your have a pass your in if not good luck but ohhh hey please come still and donate to our cause we dont want you to attend.

I think you’re taking it a bit too far, to be honest. Yes, there is still some confusion about the passes, like who will be allowed in before 8:30, and what happens after 8:30. But nowhere did it say “we don’t want you to attend”.

The filtering of modern domestics may make some mad at first, but overall, I think it will make the show improve over time. All they are trying to do is keep the 4th-5th generation Mustangs and 2010 Camaros/Challengers from overrunning the place, and give the show more variety and quality. Some people act like if they can’t park their car in the show lot, they can’t go at all.

@Psycho30 68196 wrote:

Also BMW bought the rights to cars and coffee so they wont move it, since they want the business it brings….

This is true. Also, it costs them very little (if any) money to hold the show in their lot. Only time and effort is spent.

The donation at the gate is a good idea to me, but that was one of the founding principles of the original meet…it doesn’t cost to get in or spectate.

smachine

@Kevin 68208 wrote:

I didn’t make it clear that they were doing it for the modern ones, not the classics. My apologies.

In all honesty, they shouldn’t filter classic muscle cars like what you have, and I don’t think they will have to. A ’69 Camaro is definitely more show worthy than a 2010 Camaro just picked up from the dealer.

ok, thanks for the clarification. I don’t know if I can make it this weekend with in-laws coming in town Friday for my son’s graduation on Monday, but I will try. By then I may need to get out of the house just to escape. lololol

expewlypala
    Participant

@Kevin 68209 wrote:

I think you’re taking it a bit too far, to be honest. Yes, there is still some confusion about the passes, like who will be allowed in before 8:30, and what happens after 8:30. But nowhere did it say “we don’t want you to attend”.

The filtering of modern domestics may make some mad at first, but overall, I think it will make the show improve over time. All they are trying to do is keep the 4th-5th generation Mustangs and 2010 Camaros/Challengers from overrunning the place, and give the show more variety and quality. Some people act like if they can’t park their car in the show lot, they can’t go at all.

Thats just it most of us here, people discussing the issue and also the majority that are upset about it are not spectators. We are the core people of the meet that come there time and time again to talk, park our show cars in a secure lot, talk to others about our cars and enjoy sharing the knowledge and stories we have. If I wanted to spectate there’s shows I can go to everyday of the week. I choose to come to this one in my car so I can be around individuals that enjoy cars and the same passion for them that I have. I can point to my car and say yea man there she is. Come on over and I can show you just what I did there or that mod I put on if I can’t even see my car because its in the spectator lot. I also have piece of mind because I can see my car and know its in good hands when I leave. Ontop of all that I also lug around a good bit of camera gear to take shots at the meet (free media for cars and coffee). Equipment I would rather not leave in a random lot to get stolen or have to visit walking over to it time and time again to get different equipment. All of these factor into the whole we dont want you to attend mindset many of us have. Because if we cant continue to go there and do what we love and show off the passion we have for our cars. Then why should we even attend? Its not the convention center show, its a parking lot for like minded individuals. So in my eyes and many others, if we can not be in the main gate then why bother, im far from a spectator and have invested way to much into it to my car to leave it at home just to go have a peek at a new breed of cars that only fit the tastes of a few individuals making the decissions. I would rather be out enjoying the time in my car and talking to others about it and there rides.

BRABUS_E500
    Participant

Front parking lot of my location can hold about 600 in single spots. Dont get me wrong, I do not want to take away from C and C, just trying to help out with the tension. Id be happy with just 100 showing up. More would be great.

ZeeOne

@Psycho30 68212 wrote:

Thats just it most of us here, people discussing the issue and also the majority that are upset about it are not spectators. We are the core people of the meet that come there time and time again to talk, park our show cars in a secure lot, talk to others about our cars and enjoy sharing the knowledge and stories we have. If I wanted to spectate there’s shows I can go to everyday of the week. I choose to come to this one in my car so I can be around individuals that enjoy cars and the same passion for them that I have. I can point to my car and say yea man there she is. Come on over and I can show you just what I did there or that mod I put on if I can’t even see my car because its in the spectator lot. I also have piece of mind because I can see my car and know its in good hands when I leave. Ontop of all that I also lug around a good bit of camera gear to take shots at the meet (free media for cars and coffee). Equipment I would rather not leave in a random lot to get stolen or have to visit walking over to it time and time again to get different equipment. All of these factor into the whole we dont want you to attend mindset many of us have. Because if we cant continue to go there and do what we love and show off the passion we have for our cars. Then why should we even attend? Its not the convention center show, its a parking lot for like minded individuals. So in my eyes and many others, if we can not be in the main gate then why bother, im far from a spectator and have invested way to much into it to my car to leave it at home just to go have a peek at a new breed of cars that only fit the tastes of a few individuals making the decissions. I would rather be out enjoying the time in my car and talking to others about it and there rides.

Well said. I concur 100%. thumbup

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cars and Coffee. like everything else needs to have some attention. We meet to discuss ideas that may be implemented to create a better show every month. In the previous months we have read and listened to opinions from our show goers and we have come up with some ideas that have been inconvenient.

We do not do this for a living…this is your show. I provide a parking lot and staff to help the show run easily. (it’s your show, not mine.)

So, my advice is to bring great cars. Do not bring a car that takes up a spot inside the event that forces a great car to park in the spectator parking area.

And come early.

For the time being the passes will be honored until 830…Most likely, the lifetime pass idea is over.

We do wish to know who you are and hope that you will register when you attend the event…There are various reasons such as the need to inform everyone as to changes in event timing because of weather….or changes in regarding dates….or even the need to make contact with you while you are at the site because your car is parked in a fire lane and you are about to get towed—things like that.. You info will never be used by Classic for anything other than notifying about Cars and Coffee issues.

Sincerely,

Eric Maas

One final note is that Cars and Coffee Dallas is the largest Cars and Coffee show in the US. (holding it monthly, instead of weekly is a large reason for it’s size—it does help that the dfw area has a huge number of car fanatics. I appreciate all of you.)

JOHN MARTIN
    Participant

@ericmaas 68236 wrote:

So, my advice is to bring great cars. Do not bring a car that takes up a spot inside the event that forces a great car to park in the spectator parking area.

I think that’s the issue and always has been.

Thanks again Eric for hosting this event and putting up with the 3487 differing opinions on how it should be run. There’s a special place in car-heaven for you and your crew.

Magic
    Participant

@TXGuy 68265 wrote:

Thanks again Eric for hosting this event and putting up with the 3487 differing opinions on how it should be run. There’s a special place in car-heaven for you and your crew.

Well said. And, Eric, thanks for clearing up the “Pass” issue. Today the weather was perfect and the lot was full of interesting cars. Life doesn’t get much better.

Jeff

VETTE-FX

But it is still open for visitors right? I am a photographer from the Netherlands and i want to visit Cars and Coffee Dallas next month.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Dallas’ is closed to new topics and replies.