What happened with the parking today 3/29?

• This topic has 16 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I arrived a bit late today to find that the big parking lot was closed off. Drova around for awhile but couldnt find a space. Did something happen that caused them to close off the lot?

pladmin
    Keymaster

Alfa Romeo was the Featured Marque. So all those guys got there extra early. They took up lots of the spots.

Anonymous
    Inactive

it was just super packed today, causing cars to drive around in circles. they closed off the lot due to capacity issues

Anonymous

Huge turnout today – not because of Alfa – just because?

pladmin
    Keymaster
    sideache;2583 wrote:
    Huge turnout today – not because of Alfa – just because?

Car Crazy?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yea, somedays it’s just VERY huge, but most of the time it’s just huge. 😀

Anonymous

Hugely huge!

Anonymous

It seems that, despite the large turnout, this week was Flidmong free. (none were posted) Is this correct?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@jshapirodmd 2604 wrote:

It seems that, despite the large turnout, this week was Flidmong free. (none were posted) Is this correct?

There were a few behind the ropes that I saw Max talking to, and then a few burnouts and cars getting sideways a little bit, but nothing to extravagant.

Anonymous

Hopefully the real troublemakers have gotten the message and will either behave or stay away.

Anonymous

Just in case this post was referencing the big lot across the street, it is occasionally open for spectator parking, but the Irvine Company has apparently decided to keep it padlocked so Ford has to handle all of the parking themselves. As the weather gets better and the word spreads about the event (Autoblog, FOX, Car Crazy, Autoline Detroit), the crowds will keep growing. At a certain point some people will get tired of battling the crowds and it will start to shrink a bit, hopefully reaching equilibrium soon. And a personal rant: I hope some of the “show car” drivers start to police themselves and realize that main lot spots should go to the exotics and rare muscle cars and classics first, instead of the tuned sporty cars or bargain basement street racers. Nothing against those cars, but when I see bone stock Benzes, Bimmers and Vettes, or rows of Mustangs, Scubies or Solstices, I cringe a little. I know, I know. I am being elitist. They are car guys as well, and proud of their sweet rides, but outside of their own group, very few of the other spectators really appreciate seeing those cars there.

Anonymous

It was the big lot across the street that I was referring to. I guess i just have to get there earlier than my usual 8:00.

Anonymous
    frank4cars;2619 wrote:
    And a personal rant: I hope some of the “show car” drivers start to police themselves and realize that main lot spots should go to the exotics and rare muscle cars and classics first, instead of the tuned sporty cars or bargain basement street racers. Nothing against those cars, but when I see bone stock Benzes, Bimmers and Vettes, or rows of Mustangs, Scubies or Solstices, I cringe a little. I know, I know. I am being elitist. They are car guys as well, and proud of their sweet rides, but outside of their own group, very few of the other spectators really appreciate seeing those cars there.

Is it modified japanese cars or the bone stock cars you listed that bother you more? Or both? I like seeing a (well done) modified high-end japanese car just as much as I like seeing a lambo or a classic, even though I realize that the event may not have been originally intended for Supras or Skylines etc. I like the fact that the show is free for all, but I do agree with you on the rows and rows of certain stock cars or not so impressive builds… I try to ignore them.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    frank4cars;2619 wrote:
    Just in case this post was referencing the big lot across the street, it is occasionally open for spectator parking, but the Irvine Company has apparently decided to keep it padlocked so Ford has to handle all of the parking themselves. As the weather gets better and the word spreads about the event (Autoblog, FOX, Car Crazy, Autoline Detroit), the crowds will keep growing. At a certain point some people will get tired of battling the crowds and it will start to shrink a bit, hopefully reaching equilibrium soon. And a personal rant: I hope some of the “show car” drivers start to police themselves and realize that main lot spots should go to the exotics and rare muscle cars and classics first, instead of the tuned sporty cars or bargain basement street racers. Nothing against those cars, but when I see bone stock Benzes, Bimmers and Vettes, or rows of Mustangs, Scubies or Solstices, I cringe a little. I know, I know. I am being elitist. They are car guys as well, and proud of their sweet rides, but outside of their own group, very few of the other spectators really appreciate seeing those cars there.

shrug C&C is fair game for all. I’d rather see some of those cars than have 100 yellow lambos and red f430s show. if someone is proud of their stock honda civic (no offense to civics, just a random example) and shows up early enough to park, i’d say let them in. They probably care more about their car than the guy trying to bring in 2 girls in his coupe (I know some of you remember that)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@CurtC 2649 wrote:

shrug C&C is fair game for all. I’d rather see some of those cars than have 100 yellow lambos and red f430s show. if someone is proud of their stock honda civic (no offense to civics, just a random example) and shows up early enough to park, i’d say let them in. They probably care more about their car than the guy trying to bring in 2 girls in his coupe (I know some of you remember that)

Yea, I totally agree. Tons of ferraris and lamborghinis, mostly 430s and 360s that all look the same (although I still love them) Especially if they wake up early and get there before the other’s it’s fair game.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.