What are your plans to start curating better?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    axxel
    Participant

The fact that those of us with legitimately interesting/rare vehicles show up at 6:45am only to get turned away with a “Lot full” sign is starting to really get out of hand. Especially when the lot is full of many, many common cars that you can see in a Kroger parking lot or at a Starbucks any day of the week.

This meet is going to start to get really lame if you don’t start to curate the show and have people posted at the entrances turning away cars that are not terribly interesting or that are already represented by 5 or 10 clean examples in the show lot. I think the people most willing to roll out of bed at 5am for a show like this are the ones who have to try really hard to prove to themselves their cars are worth showing.

Not trying to belittle anyone in particular. I’m a bit disappointed with the direction this once stellar Saturday morning event has taken in the last 6-10 months.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My Gti isn’t anything too fancy, but I was wishing on getting in as a photographer and get early bait for clean shots and not spectator overcrowding. I agree on the most part that I saw tons of more interesting cars getting rejected and being parked around the offices. I feel like people need to move out to the offices cause there’s a lot of cars that linger there. In my opinion, it’s just a matter of space. There was a huge cluster of cars near the Mazda’s and its not even enough space to walk in between cars. The show has exploded exponentially and I see that as a very good thing, but they need to move somewhere else where there is more than 3 entrances and the lot is way bigger. I can’t imagine how much it sucks for people on the other side of the meteoplex waking up at 3 or 4 and driving way the hell over here to get rejected. I think they need a new, more easily accessible and way bigger lot. Next month is summer, and I guarantee it’ll be even messier and bigger than today.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Dallas’ is closed to new topics and replies.