we should have a JDM take over this weekend 5/26/12 cars n coffee

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    benzjed
    Participant

@Evan78 68003 wrote:

I agree mostly. I still won’t let stuff pass without a word I have a moment. Bashing other races and homosexuals isn’t cool, so I feel an obligation to say something.

Thanks to the internet, we can all go back in time and see what dumb crap we said 10 years ago. Maybe one day he’ll come back and read his first posts and shake his head. If he actually came out and talked to a bunch of people, things would probably go a lot better, but on the internet, things blow up much faster.

At the ripe old age of 33, I’ve realized that a lot of behavior is attributable to youth, but sadly, some people are morons for life. At least young morons have a better chance to correct course.

If they survive their escapades… that is. Sometimes they go overboard and end up in jail or die. Such is the impetuousness of youth.

sorry everyone my bad…i apologize bout everything

benzjed
    Participant

You still coming?

kjenkins618
    Participant

@tommyding 67925 wrote:

ohh man ohh man ohh man ****ing haters
    ohh and **** domestics all you american pieces of ****ty cars-___-
    hahahahahaha just saying no offense if ur white im talking bout american cars[/quote]

You are missing the point. Come out and experience it.

benzjed
    Participant

@helmet993 68088 wrote:

You are missing the point. Come out and experience it.

So did Tommy Ding show up?

Anonymous

@tommyding 68017 wrote:

sorry everyone my bad…i apologize bout everything

First, I want to congratulate you, tommyding, for “manning-up” and taking responsibility for some unwelcome posts. It’s not easy taking criticism, especially in an open forum as this. Also, I commend all who posted positive and constructive comments.

The only way for C&C to remain the satisfying experience it has evolved into is for us all to be tolerant, accepting, and humble when we make a faux pas. I love this event and get giddy every time I attend. That includes all the great people I have met over the years. The few dingleberrys or car snobs here and there are just road rash compared to the majority. This thread only proves that. Long live C&C!

Zs V

I would like a JDM “mob” if it consisted of NSXs, LFAs, a couple highly-modified S2000s, some highly-modified Z-cars, a Toyota 2000GT, and a Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car…but other than that: no

benzjed
    Participant

@sdstig 70764 wrote:

I would like a JDM “mob” if it consisted of NSXs, LFAs, a couple highly-modified S2000s, some highly-modified Z-cars, a Toyota 2000GT, and a Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car…but other than that: no

Okay… a JDM mob like that… so it’s about the rough equivalent of a JDM HIN event being “mobbed” by a bunch of… oh, let’s say:

Chrysler 300C (but highly modified)
    Mustangs (but highly modified)
    Old muscle cars
    One GT40
    Bunch of highly modified Pontiac Solstices

and I can’t really think of a rough equivalent to the NSX… which was a nice decent entry back about… oh… more than a decade ago… which now has become the favorite of those who want a car they can pose with for $25k. Maybe the Corvette crowd?

Zs V

@Notorious 70768 wrote:

Chrysler 300C (but highly modified)
    Mustangs (but highly modified)
    Old muscle cars
    One GT40
    Bunch of highly modified Pontiac Solstices

Minus the Chrysler 300s and Solstices, that sounds awesome to me! Solstices suck, S2000s don’t. And I have no idea what you’re comparing the Chrysler 300 to

Plus I’d only want a few S2000s and Z-cars at a maximum, like 4 or so combined. I don’t even like the Zs that much, but if you modify it right, it might interest me

benzjed
    Participant

Not interested in “modded” Japanese or American cars which are otherwise insignificant. A modded S2k is still a S2k. A modded Mustang is still a Mustang.

JDM does not exist unless you are talking about the grey market R32 or equivalents. The other cars are all AEM, with JDM parts, installed on AEM cars, but they are still AEM cars. Run the serial numbers, it is forever registered as an export vehicle, never a JDM. What is this obsession anyway with trying to turn Japanese?

Zs V

@Notorious 70917 wrote:

Not interested in “modded” Japanese or American cars which are otherwise insignificant. A modded S2k is still a S2k. A modded Mustang is still a Mustang.

JDM does not exist unless you are talking about the grey market R32 or equivalents. The other cars are all AEM, with JDM parts, installed on AEM cars, but they are still AEM cars. Run the serial numbers, it is forever registered as an export vehicle, never a JDM. What is this obsession anyway with trying to turn Japanese?

A 9ff GT9-R is definitely not “just” a 911 to me. And a Shelby 1000 S/C is definitely not “just” a Mustang to me. Just saying…

benzjed
    Participant

There is a difference between limited or special factory cars and home made fixed up cars.

You can tack on all the junk on a base Carrera and it does not make it a GT2. Same with doing that to a V6 Camaro or Mustang and not having it be the equal of a GT500.

Zs V

The 9ff GT9-R and Shelby 1000 S/C are not factory cars. And almost any tuned car can be considered “limited” so that just broadens it big time. If you want me to use more “lower” end tuned 911s and Mustangs instead, then how about the Gemballa Avalanche and Roush RS3? Those aren’t exactly common either. I’ve seen more Gallardo Superleggeras than Roush RS3s. And I’ve never seen a Gemballa Avalanche. Sounds pretty special to me…
    Plus I’ve actually seen some pretty crazy standard 911s and V6 pony cars. Or at least that’s what they started out as… For example, I’ve seen a 4th gen V6 Mustang that could run 9s AND was street legal!

I don’t even like V6 pony cars anyways. They are a poor excuse for the name. Putting anything less than a V8 in cars like those is like Aston Martin making a city car. Oh wait…

benzjed
    Participant

I get bored with 911’s. None of them really get me going. Maybe it’s because they all looking substantially similar. Even wild and crazy colored GT3RS cars are pretty boring to me, as are most Gallardos, 430’s, and whatnot. That’s life in this area of town, you just see enough that it’s no big deal anymore.

I love seeing old, perfectly restored muscle cars more than newer exotics. A pristine 69 Camaro SS, Corvette Stingray, 57 Corvette, GT500 (the original), etc.

princefarr

What you’re explaining appears to be like one of the used car dealerships you will discover along Harbour Blvd . . . . . . . . . . .

surfers paradise rental cars

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.