we should have a JDM take over this weekend 5/26/12 cars n coffee

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

im thinking lets get a bunch of imports to take over a section of the parking lot itll be cool to see both old school and new school hondas nissans or toyotas so lets all mob

Anonymous
    Inactive

What you’re describing sounds like one of the used car dealerships you can find along Harbor Blvd.

kjenkins618
    Participant

@tommyding 67872 wrote:

im thinking lets get a bunch of imports to take over a section of the parking lot itll be cool to see both old school and new school hondas nissans or toyotas so lets all mob

No, please no.

Please…no.

Anonymous

A “mob in” is not really what C&C is all about. It is an opportunity for a lot of variety each week and for there to be variety from week to week. Taking over a section to do a take-over mob scene would not be cool. It will just create a confrontation at the entrance and a situation no one wants. Come out Saturday and have fun with the rest of us, enjoy the morning and take in some sights you may never have seen before.

GregJ

benzjed
    Participant

@1969MIB 67881 wrote:

What you’re describing sounds like one of the used car dealerships you can find along Harbor Blvd.

ROFL ROFL!!!

Oh man… I don’t get guys who want to do this at C&C or SCS… it’s not what it’s for. If you want JDM mobs, go to HIN or anything else that is tailored for that scene. I can tell you some people tried doing the HIN at C&C and brought a bunch of purple halo lowered to the ground fart can stickered out with every sponsor who wants nothing to do with that car mobiles out to C&C and that section was about as untraveled as you can get with people avoiding that section and asking each other “WHY?” (as in why did they do that)

C&C is not about “mobs” taking over a section. If there is a theme for a certain brand, they will announce it, and I guarantee it won’t be a theme about old or new school Honda/Nissan/Toyota. Try Aston, Ferrari, Lamborghini, British Day, etc., once they dipped to Infiniti, but don’t count on Nissan.

Please, for the love of God, respect the dignity of this event and don’t bring Fast & Furious to a venue that neither wants nor desires that crowd.

Jack
    Participant

Is the show at the normal spot this weekend? I usually check SoCalCarCulture.com but they dont have it listed in their events section, just wanna make sure before I make the drive

ohh man ohh man ohh man ****ing haters
    ohh and **** domestics all you american pieces of ****ty cars-___-
    hahahahahaha just saying no offense if ur white im talking bout american cars

ohh and it pisses me off when u old american faggs call it fast and furious..like wtf? u serious all jap cars are fast and furious? get your **** straight theres a big ****ing difference between what we drive and what those mexicans drive holy good of god!

Anonymous

I think you are either way off base here in your understanding or you are just lurking on this site to infuriate the well intended. What everyone is trying to tell you is that C&C is all about variety, something of everything/for everybody, not Asian/JDM, not Amertican, but EVERYTHING. Frankly your attitude – AND YOUR LANGUAGE – is exactly what C&C is NOT about. C&C IS an UNOFFICIAL, social, inpromptu meeting of car “nuts” it is NOT a place to make a statement or run a “take over.” Come out to the non-event, have some fun enjoying the sights and have a great weekend – with the rest of us…

benzjed
    Participant

@tommyding 67926 wrote:

ohh and it pisses me off when u old american faggs call it fast and furious..like wtf? u serious all jap cars are fast and furious? get your **** straight theres a big ****ing difference between what we drive and what those mexicans drive holy good of god!

Wow, by your posts alone on this thread… you are exactly the type that should not be at C&C because you are in it for all the wrong reasons.

Sounds like you are the one who is racist, calling other people racist while spewing out all sorts of racial epitaphs and stereotypes.

BTW, I don’t have an American car and I am not an old American “fagg”. You don’t know me and what car I drive, buddy boy.

Go hang out with the other fanboys at SEMA and drool over skank HIN models with your clapped out JDM’s. When you get something worthy like a RX-3 or nicely done AE86, and drop that ‘tude, then maybe you can come by and just hang.

Anonymous
    Inactive

tommyding – have you ever attended C&C?

What kind of reaction do you expect when you come in here and talk about “taking over a section” and mobbing, whatever that is. You encounter a little resistance by a couple people on the forum and then lash out at several different groups based upon the words of a few people. You got a lot of learning to do.

If you’ve ever been to C&C, you should know that nobody cares about foreign or domestic, everything unique and well done is welcome.

Even though you don’t really deserve any friendly advice, I’ll give it anyway. If you want to see a strong showing from a particular group, this is probably not the place to get it done. You’d be better off getting a group together on whatever forum that group hangs out on.

Please eliminate the word fag from you vocabulary. Misspelling it doesn’t make it any more acceptable.

Last thing – you get upset about some F&F reference and bash Mexicans in the same sentence? Nice.

benzjed
    Participant

Personally, I read enough of him to say he is exactly the type we don’t want at C&C and if he does go, he will end up on the Douche of the Day thread really fast. Just saying….

Anonymous
    Inactive

My fiance always shakes her head at me if I put any time into things that many would call a lost cause. My feeling is that if you’ve got a few seconds, maybe the world is a tiny bit better by at least making an attempt to reach someone. The guy is 19 according to his profile, so there’s still hope.

benzjed
    Participant

@Evan78 68001 wrote:

My fiance always shakes her head at me if I put any time into things that many would call a lost cause. My feeling is that if you’ve got a few seconds, maybe the world is a tiny bit better by at least making an attempt to reach someone. The guy is 19 according to his profile, so there’s still hope.

I understand where you’re coming from. But remember when you were 19 and you thought up some “cool” things and were told no by some old farts who were just jealous of your youth and nicely fixed up POS on a kid’s budget which you dig but nobody else understands. Did you listen or did you want to fight back against it and provoke it more?

Not saying he is a lost cause forever, but he is a lost cause for now. He won’t listen and won’t understand anytime soon and he certainly won’t admit defeat here on this thread because we are nice about it. 19 year olds don’t have the patience and their ego won’t allow it.

Maybe after a few years and some beatdowns by people who are actually around him who are bigger and better and richer and faster and cooler will instill some sense of humility in the kid, but until then and until he realizes it on his own, you can’t “talk” it into him, not now, not on this thread.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree mostly. I still won’t let stuff pass without a word I have a moment. Bashing other races and homosexuals isn’t cool, so I feel an obligation to say something.

Thanks to the internet, we can all go back in time and see what dumb crap we said 10 years ago. Maybe one day he’ll come back and read his first posts and shake his head. If he actually came out and talked to a bunch of people, things would probably go a lot better, but on the internet, things blow up much faster.

At the ripe old age of 33, I’ve realized that a lot of behavior is attributable to youth, but sadly, some people are morons for life. At least young morons have a better chance to correct course.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.