Volvo at C&C Sept 13

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

As a sort of mini featured marque, the SoCal Volvo cars will be at the Irvine Cars and Coffee again on Sept. 13. The IPD C30, built for SEMA with gull-wing doors, (Click Here for pics) will be appearing alongside four of Volvo’s newest models: the C30 R-Design, XC90 R-Design, C70 and S80 V8 – all for C&C goers to check out and drive. Plus, Volvo is buying coffee or a donut for anyone who goes for a drive – just to say thanks.

Gullwings%20Up.jpg

We’ve been here before and you know there’s no catch, no dealership and no sales involved, just a good way to try out the new rides and see an incredible show car. If you’re in the area, stop by you can do more than just look, but do what Cars and Coffee people like best… drive.

Three%20SEMA%20C30s.jpg
    Rear%20Doors%20Up.jpg
    Interior%20Center.jpg

Anonymous

will they be there on 20th also?

Anonymous
    MJ50;7239 wrote:
    will they be there on 20th also?

Sorry MJ50, they won’t be there on the 20th. Cars and Coffee is great because it’s something different every week, and we don’t want to overstep our welcome. I’ll post here again next time the cars will be at C&C, hopefully announcing some more nice show cars on display as well.

You can always check http://www.myspace.com/socalvolvoteam for the dates we’ll be at other So-Cal events.

Anonymous
    Max;7378 wrote:
    What happened to the front of the Blue and Yellow one ?

This was just used in the filming of the Fast and the Furious 4, where it was beat up on quite a bit. I’m sure we can count on the movie being cheesy, but now I’ve gotta watch it to see if it was launched over a ramp or something.

Anonymous

what a bunch of jerks they didnt even fix it…kinda crappy to return a car broken

Anonymous
    v8_superbird;7398 wrote:
    what a bunch of jerks they didnt even fix it…kinda crappy to return a car broken

Yeah, normally I’d totally agree, but this one will end up being crushed really soon. I’ve been told it may do one last thing with MTV, but otherwise Cars and Coffee was the IPD C30’s last hurrah.

Anonymous

call me stupid but why doesnt ford/volvo company sell the car atleast for charity if nothing else not to mention i know the ford/volvo company is hitting very hard times. that car to collectors is worth a lot. put it up for sale at cars and coffee im sure someone there has the money. or even ebay

Anonymous
    v8_superbird;7425 wrote:
    call me stupid but why doesnt ford/volvo company sell the car atleast for charity if nothing else not to mention i know the ford/volvo company is hitting very hard times. that car to collectors is worth a lot. put it up for sale at cars and coffee im sure someone there has the money. or even ebay

I think the problem lies in liability. I know manufacturers have made some cars like this available to non-profit museums and such who sign a ton of papers, agreeing that they’ll never be driven on the street or attempt to register.

Because they’re not street legal and big companies have big pockets, it’s probably just not worth the risk. A shame for me and you, but I guess it makes sense.

Anonymous
    SoCalVolvo;7451 wrote:
    I think the problem lies in liability. I know manufacturers have made some cars like this available to non-profit museums and such who sign a ton of papers, agreeing that they’ll never be driven on the street or attempt to register.

Because they’re not street legal and big companies have big pockets, it’s probably just not worth the risk. A shame for me and you, but I guess it makes sense.

i’m sure a car collector would love to have the 1 of a kind car and never drive it on th street. it seems like a waste to throw away a good car… i mean if you guys are going to trash it can i have it? i might change it up a little bit but i wont drive it on the street..seriously give it to me before you just destroy the car.

Anonymous
    v8_superbird;7452 wrote:
    i’m sure a car collector would love to have the 1 of a kind car and never drive it on th street. it seems like a waste to throw away a good car… i mean if you guys are going to trash it can i have it? i might change it up a little bit but i wont drive it on the street..seriously give it to me before you just destroy the car.

I know a car collector would, and I’d be the first to jump up and take the car home if I could too. I’m just speaking in general terms though, I don’t have anything to do with the destruction of these display cars. I just know how their process works.

Believe me, if there were any way to pull something like that off, I’d some sweet eye candy in my garage too.

Anonymous

man….sad to think they are seriously going to literally throw away a car like that.

Anonymous
    v8_superbird;7461 wrote:
    man….sad to think they are seriously going to literally throw away a car like that.

I know it, these are some dream cars. Think of how many cars are built for auto shows, concepts, or just used as mules for testing that get crushed. In the big auto world though, they’re just pennies in the budget that could turn into millions and a black eye if put in the wrong hands.

Anonymous

yeah true i don’t know seems sad though. i’m actually surprised they don’t give them to employees. or sell them to employee’s for a steal for a deal

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.