Top Gear USA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am a TopGear fan, its a very good show. About TopGear US version “Gear”
    , I’ll happy to watch if Jay Leno gatta be the host, but I think it probably wont good as TopGear.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/31/leno-fears-top-gear-usa-may-suck/
    http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/31/rumormill-leno-or-seinfeld-could-host-nbc-i-top-gear-i/
    Will you guys interest in it?
    I think it will be more fun to watch than Fifth Gear =P.

Anonymous

I see top gear in English version and I like this broadcast. it is with enjoyment that I discover that there is an American version 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t think Top Gear would be the same.

Anonymous

haha I think Jay Leno will be as funny as Jeremy Clarkson 🙂
    Plus the El Toro air station is pretty close to my house 🙂

Anonymous

Top Gear is such a great UK show. Part of the humor for me is the accents and the way of life over there. They can travel all over Europe to the Autobahn, to the alps everywhere.

The hosts for sure make the show good, but the stuff they do is even better. Adam Corolla is a car nut, which is great, so is Jay but how they will work as a team I don’t know. Either way, it is nice to see a car show that might actually be better than many of the shows we have here in the states.

Anonymous
    lunarc;2716 wrote:
    Top Gear is such a great UK show. Part of the humor for me is the accents and the way of life over there. They can travel all over Europe to the Autobahn, to the alps everywhere.

The hosts for sure make the show good, but the stuff they do is even better. Adam Corolla is a car nut, which is great, so is Jay but how they will work as a team I don’t know. Either way, it is nice to see a car show that might actually be better than many of the shows we have here in the states.

goooooood point cheers!

Anonymous
    lunarc;2716 wrote:

I don’t know if you saw the first episode of the season 10 which occurs in the Alps?
    For me it is the best test of this season with splendid GT3 RS, Lamborghini gallardo superleggera and Aston Martin N24 😎

Anonymous

I agree with Jay – change the name, make it different.

And make it uniquely American. Be creative, just make a good and funny car show.

Anonymous
    VinceCars;2735 wrote:
    I don’t know if you saw the first episode of the season 10 which occurs in the Alps?
    For me it is the best test of this season with splendid GT3 RS, Lamborghini gallardo superleggera and Aston Martin N24 😎

I have every episode archived and saved 🙂 I love the show, can’t wait for the new series to come out in the summer >:X

Anonymous

Looks like Jay Leno is NOT going to be hosting “Gear”. I see his reasoning too, seems like the car show may be doomed from the start.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/features/article3638037.ece

Anonymous
    sideache;2737 wrote:
    I agree with Jay – change the name, make it different.

And make it uniquely American. Be creative, just make a good and funny car show.

The TopGear USA will be name as “Gear” on NBC.

The Top Gear Ground Force episode was funny, specially the chicken part.:)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@lunarc 2741 wrote:

Looks like Jay Leno is NOT going to be hosting “Gear”. I see his reasoning too, seems like the car show may be doomed from the start.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/features/article3638037.ece

I’m glad he’s not doing it, and by the way the man on the phone was pitching the show, it doesn’t sound to interesting >.<

Anonymous

I DO NOT THINK A US VERSION OF TOP GEAR WILL WORK, PARTICULARLY IF IT IS GOING TO BE ON A BIG TIME NETWORK. PART OF THE BRILLIANCE OF TOP GEAR IS THAT THEY CALL IT AS THEY SEE IT AND AREN’T AFRAID TO BE CRITICAL IF THEY DON’T LIKE A PARTICULAR CAR (ANYONE REMEMBER THE GT500 EPISODE…ouch) THE US IS MUCH TO P.C. AND SENSITIVE FOR THAT KIND OF CRITIQUE, AND FOR IT WE WILL HAVE A WATERED DOWN VERSION OF TOP GEAR.

Anonymous
    sarkster;2781 wrote:
    I DO NOT THINK A US VERSION OF TOP GEAR WILL WORK, PARTICULARLY IF IT IS GOING TO BE ON A BIG TIME NETWORK. PART OF THE BRILLIANCE OF TOP GEAR IS THAT THEY CALL IT AS THEY SEE IT AND AREN’T AFRAID TO BE CRITICAL IF THEY DON’T LIKE A PARTICULAR CAR (ANYONE REMEMBER THE GT500 EPISODE…ouch) THE US IS MUCH TO P.C. AND SENSITIVE FOR THAT KIND OF CRITIQUE, AND FOR IT WE WILL HAVE A WATERED DOWN VERSION OF TOP GEAR.

Nah, Americans want the honest truth, that’s why it get’s people mad when a show like this shows obvious bias towards certain cars.

Anonymous
    Zotic;2782 wrote:
    Nah, Americans want the honest truth, that’s why it get’s people mad when a show like this shows obvious bias towards certain cars.

good point, totally agree 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.