The Drive of Shame

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who thinks the current rules are a bit too arbitrary and unevenly enforced. Thinking more about how absurd it is to have a blanket ban on newer 4-doors, here’s a short list of currently “illegal” 4-doors that I’m sure car enthusiasts would be much more interested in seeing than the 10th C6 Corvette or Mustang:

Aston Martin Rapide
    Audi S4, S6, S7, RS7, S8, A8 L W12
    Bentley Mulsanne
    BMW M3 (sedan), M5, Alpina B7
    Chevrolet SS
    Chrysler 300 SRT
    Dodge Charger SRT
    Fisker Karma
    Jaguar XFR and XFR-S
    Lexus IS-F
    Maserati Ghibli and Quattroporte
    Maybach
    Mercedes-Benz CLA45, C63 (sedan), E63, CLS63, S63, S65
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
    Pontiac G8 GXP
    Porsche Panamera GTS, Turbo, and Turbo S
    Rolls-Royce Phantom and Ghost
    Subaru WRX STi
    Tesla Model S

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree. Spent 7 hours detailing my G8 GT and turned away.

Mustangs all day long.

Yet only 6,143 G8 GT’s. It’s more rare than 90% of the cars in the lot.

Pretty disappointing,considering it’s for unique cars you don’t see the other six days of the week.

My other unique cars are okay but not this one????

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with you 100%. This should be based for the car enthusiasts that truly enjoy cars of all types, and not the ones who simply can afford them. I was shocked to be turned away in my 07 STi. I was told it was a 4-door by some old guy, very old, who was seemingly bias towards the cars entering through. Sadly, I did not see ANY other Subaru’s in the exhibition section. Even funnier, and quiet disturbingly sad, was the fact my friends 08 STOCK Civic 2-Door was allowed to enter the exhibition area, purely based on the fact that it was a 2-door car. This is Irvine for gods sake. I’m used to seeing high end Exotics, and the countless number of Mustangs alone on the streets. They’re nothing special. The rules need to be changed to allow the enthusiasts to enjoy this even. It seems highly bias to the more older folks, who enjoy expensive muscle cars. I feel like like the old farts letting the cars in/out are not knowledgable about the overall car scene one singe bit. I mean come on, I saw a “hellaflush” Miata inside, buy my Subaru – which would’ve competed fine with over half the cars in there- wasn’t allowed to enter due to the fact that it was 2000+ 4 door. BS, come on you old (f)ducks, learn more about the power of 4 bangers!

Anonymous

Well some of you folks try standing in the morning cold at 6 am trying to sort cars out……BUT WAIT…..some bitch and moan “THEY” wont let me in. And these folks that are paid ZERO-ZILCH-NADA for their work have also to do…making sure the signs are up, laison with the Taco Bell folks and the police…yes the police…who have responded lately citizens living in close prox to T.B. bitching about the NOISE at 5am…they live a few blocks away to the south….
    So you folks that are up in arms just suck it in….either that or just get a Porschedrivesmile

lazyboiy967
    Participant

Interesting. I guess I’ll hope that I get into the main lot when I drive up from SD. Getting my 2007 Subaru Legacy GT Spec.B tuned today and figured I’d bring it up the weekend after Memorial Day. My daughter has turned into a car lover at age 13, and I know regardless of where we have to park, she’ll have fun. But I would love to have my humble Legacy out for people to see. Half the time people think it’s a Camry, but Camry’s don’t have all wheel drive or 400 horsepower at the wheels….

I recently purchased a 2015 Subaru WRX STI Launch Edition and I was wondering what time the coordinators get to the event so I could ask them before I have to drive away in shame.

stuntdrvr

It’s funny, today I showed up in this, and was told “Sorry, we don’t let new four door sedans in, only sports cars.”

Sorry, but do the group of old people running the Irvine C&C front entrance even know anything about cars?

20 Mustangs? Go on in. Common BMW coupes that you see everyday? Go on in. Same common Audi coupes? Go on in. Beat up Honda CRX? Go on in. Race-prepped Evo? Not a sports car, please go park in spectator.

8a7048.jpg

kjenkins618
    Participant

@V8FIAT 84359 wrote:

Today I planned on taking my 2013 Charger SRT8 to the main lot, because I had just finished detailing it. On arrival at 6:20 a.m. I was ingloriously directed to the parking structure. I was told that that’s where newer four doors are meant to go,

Thank goodness. One less in the lot that day!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.