Stop the Cones and the Attitude, you are messing this show up for everybody else!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Stop the cones and fighting dudes, your gonna ruin the show for everybody! The BMW guys have had cars keyed and fools keep doing burn outs, how much more do you guys think they can take? Do we really need gripefests and fights in the parking lot over parking spots? Show up together and just park where you can please. Thanks again to the BMW guys for doing this show!

I have pics from the show on my blog, did not take as many as last time:

http://kingvoodoo.blogspot.com/2011/07/cars-and-coffee-july-2011-plano-texas.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s not a good idea. The show has been kept organized so people who are fans of a specific car or country of origin can talk to other enthusiasts. The real problem is show-worthy cars having to go park in spectator parking because a stock 2010 Camaro/Challenger (or something else that isn’t show worthy) is in their spot. Sure, the Camaro and Challenger are cool, but really, who wants to see a row of 10 or so together? I could just go to the Chevy and Dodge dealers down my street to see that. People need to park in their specific section. If it’s full, too bad. Suck it up and go park in the spectator lot or leave.

For instance, at the June event, I watched an SLS and LP560-4 go into spectator parking because the only spots that were near the Italian/exotic section on the back row were filled with none other than Challengers and Camaros. I mean, exotics have been parked there at past events, but mainly is filled with 911’s, AMG’s, M’s, and other German things. But stock Camaros and Challengers? Those are things that we see almost everyday.

This show has too much American stuff. The only reason I go is to see expensive vehicles, ranging from a Porsche 911 to a Lamborghini Murcielago to a Bentley Continental GT. I’m sure alot of people will agree with me on that part.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Let me get this straight, bone stock 911’s and exotics only would be okay with you? Not like I can’t see a bunch of them in a parking lot of a mall also along with mini vans…just using yours and many others logic on this when you backhand the domestics.

My area alone is full of exotics, I see them all the time. Several show up on Fridays to my local Starbucks, I saw my first R8 there. I love “exotics” as much as anything else.

Your definition of show worthy and mine are very different it appears. I see lots of posts by guys that infer this show is intended for guys to show off exotics and high dollar cars only and yet the main site logo page shows muscle cars.

Exotics are often rare due to price, I love looking at them, but it would be one boring show if that is all that showed up. How many more of them do you think are going to show up? You really think any of this is keeping them away, especially when they get a true coned off section by the event organizers. And what time did these cars you mention show up? If they are the ones I saw it was very late in the morning.

The mass amount of cars at the show are not exotics, and a BMW (the host make btw) is not an exotic.

The lot is full of a lot of different cars so I personally feel you are a bit off base on the “I’m sure alot of people will agree with me on that part” bit. If that were the case why do so many people with all types of cars show up for this event? Car guys, real car guys, like everything.

You never know what will show up to this show, that is the part I like…things like that hand built fiberglass sports car built in 1957 that showed up a few months ago are amazing. If it was exotic only would that guy have showed up?

I love the fact the prancing horses get their own section and so on, but the problem is I don’t care what kind of car you have it is not right to show up early, block off spaces for your late arrival buddies, and give other people grief over the type of car they like or have when they try to park.

If you show up in a Challenger or a Lambo at 9:15 don’t expect premo parking…and if your buddies can’t get up don’t save them a spot when somebody else is ready to park.

This has nothing to do with car snobbery, it is about having class and showing up and being nice and respectful to everybody else.

I do not see the need for an “us vs. them” car snob thing…this is a show for everybody, and for causes and charity. People need to remember that.

Edit: And btw, I park in the areas I am supposed to based on what car I bring…I parked with the late model Mustangs with my Boss and in the back (in the so called classics section) with my hot rod stuff. I have never seen enough Porches to fill up that section and it has been taken over by Mustangs but since last winter the sections have been falling apart, nobody is marking them, and nobody is directing traffic. The real cone issues I saw this last time interestingly enough were between guys with the same make of car…one showed up and was not part of the “club” that had coned off everything…just trying to be clear on that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kevin, you and I may or may not disagree on a lot of the car stuff but I am sure you will agree on the gripfest stuff being useless…and btw, I just looked up your profile, you took some nice pics of the show.

I think I misread your response…I think you are saying it is not a good idea for people to just park anyplace and I agree with that since there is supposed to be sections.

My mistake on that, sorry if I offended you!

tiga2

@Kevin 55066 wrote:

That’s not a good idea. The show has been kept organized so people who are fans of a specific car or country of origin can talk to other enthusiasts. The real problem is show-worthy cars having to go park in spectator parking because a stock 2010 Camaro/Challenger (or something else that isn’t show worthy) is in their spot. Sure, the Camaro and Challenger are cool, but really, who wants to see a row of 10 or so together? I could just go to the Chevy and Dodge dealers down my street to see that. People need to park in their specific section. If it’s full, too bad. Suck it up and go park in the spectator lot or leave.

For instance, at the June event, I watched an SLS and LP560-4 go into spectator parking because the only spots that were near the Italian/exotic section on the back row were filled with none other than Challengers and Camaros. I mean, exotics have been parked there at past events, but mainly is filled with 911’s, AMG’s, M’s, and other German things. But stock Camaros and Challengers? Those are things that we see almost everyday.

This show has too much American stuff. The only reason I go is to see expensive vehicles, ranging from a Porsche 911 to a Lamborghini Murcielago to a Bentley Continental GT. I’m sure alot of people will agree with me on that part.

I was there and saw the cones but why would a Mustang owner try to park in the section clearly marked with a japanese flag? Your first comment said ” The show has been kept organized so people who are fans of a specific car or country of origin can talk to other enthusiasts,” so the C&C organizers have made the effort to give each “country’s” cars an alotted amount of spaces to park, if all the spaces made available for american cars are taken up by stock mustangs and challengers why should the “germany”, “japan”, or any other “country” have to give up some of their alotted spaces for another mustang who simply did not arrive in time to park with his buddies? Now if the fighting is between 2 bmw owners or 2 of the same make then that is just rediculous. We should be supporting fellow enthusiasts especially those with the same or similar cars….If a Ferrari was trying to park in the middle of the corvettes it would most likely be an issue and would serve no purpose other than trying to instigate something! Stick with your alotted area and there will be no bickering!

clarkw123
    Participant

Kevin,
    I think the issue is that this event has out grown the location. I go with a friend who has a newer Mustang and we enjoy seeing what Mods can and have been installed, we also enjoy the Camaros, Challengers and all the cars old, new, and foreign. Sorry you don’t like American cars but please do not try to turn Cars & Coffee into your own private car event. Perhaps you should start your own car show.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Dallas’ is closed to new topics and replies.