Should Cars and Coffee Dallas move to a new venue?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think the fighting around every event is not going to get us anywhere.

Somebody asked this question: how do our neighbors in Houston maintain such a high quality event?

The answer, from a Houston native? Their venue has room to grow and expand. Classic BMW, on the other hand, reaches it’s capacity every event, and doesn’t have room to grow and expand. There really doesn’t seem to be “class issues” down there from what he said. The only issue they have is idiot drivers who attempt to show off when they leave, and end up crashing (like what happened with the Z06 driver this past weekend).

I know there have been suggestions to move to a new venue, but to where? I hear Cowboys Stadium brought up alot. For those who don’t know Jerry Jones…he wants money for anything held at Jerry’s World…and LOTS of it. It would be too expensive to hold something the size of Cars and Coffee there. Something that I haven’t heard alot is the Fellowship Church in Grapevine, just north of DFW and across the highway from Grapevine Mills Mall. Looking at Google Earth, their lot is ENORMOUS.
    e17ou8.jpg

Here are detailed sections of the lot, with space counts. Numbers with a “/” indicate “actual” spaces, and total number of spaces including striped spaces.
    Section One
    n6w875.jpg
    This section alone has a whopping 564 spaces!

Section Two
    jigfoi.jpg
    This one has a bit less than the first, but still decent. 221 spaces.

Section Three
    juvn1j.jpg
    Exactly 300 spaces.

Section Four
    aew8jr.jpg
    253 spaces.

Section Five
    2hqgmeb.jpg
    297 spaces.

Section Six
    az6eb.jpg
    40 spaces.

Section Seven
    33x9ezt.jpg
    123 spaces.

Section Eight
    2vbsa6u.jpg
    294 spaces.

Section Nine
    2rm8dq9.jpg
    231 spaces.

Add all those up, and what do you get? 2,323 spaces. Now, let’s compare that number to Classic BMW.
    33xvn5s.jpg
    This is what seemed to be the setup this weekend from looking at pictures. After doing the math, I came to 441 spaces. Though there is room for error here, depending on BMW inventory and the actual setup. But the Fellowship Church lot is five times larger than the lot at Classic.

I do hope the organizers see this and seriously consider a venue change. I know they probably don’t like to see the fighting almost every single month. Changing the venue to this would make almost all of it go away. And before anyone mentions it, yes I do know there would have to be space alotted for spectators. But even then, you would still get over 1,000 spots for the show. I’m sure the church would be game; after all, it does raise money for charity. Plus, it is a good, central location.

What do you guys think?

EDIT-another thing brought up was the event rights. Maybe Classic could somehow “transfer” the rights to Fellowship, and maybe they would like to help Eric and the team move it to this location.

thevonz

Good idea, pizza hut park area would be better. There is a parking lot over there with 1000’s of spots but it may be owned by Baylor

ZeeOne

This would be an ideal transition. I like this idea.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Dallas’ is closed to new topics and replies.