Saturday the 1st of june!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sfallison

Hey guys…

I am flying over to the states from New Zealand this sunday coming, we are keen to come to the meet on the 1st of june in Irvine, we are staying at the westin in Sandiego on the 31st of June,

How long would it take to drive from San diego to Irvine? is it easy to find (don’t forget you guys drive on the wrong side of the road lololol so we may be a little lost)

Who are the organisers? I would love to come say hello, we just had a meet up yesterday with over 300 cars!

Thanks,
    Nick

benzjed
    Participant

San Diego to Irvine isn’t too bad.

Go to google maps and map it out and put in the hotel name and mazda center in irvine and you should get door to door directions and mileage. I would say at that morning hour it should be no more than an hour drive or so. In Southern California, we define driving in terms of time, not distance, since traffic patterns can mean your 10 mile commute to downtown LA would take you about an hour while my 40 mile commute the other direction would take me… 40 minutes… but San Diego to Irvine is generally about 70 miles or so.

It’s not hard to find at all. It’s 2 blocks off the freeway exit and you can’t miss the long line of exotics lining up (queuing up, in Queen’s English), to the entrance.

I haven’t met the organizers, but one of the main organizers stands at the front entrance roadway and holds up a sign to the drivers of the exhibitor cars. Very nice lady. You can definitely go say hi to her, I do everytime I drive in, just to let her know I appreciate her efforts.

sfallison

@Notorious 67853 wrote:

San Diego to Irvine isn’t too bad.

Go to google maps and map it out and put in the hotel name and mazda center in irvine and you should get door to door directions and mileage. I would say at that morning hour it should be no more than an hour drive or so. In Southern California, we define driving in terms of time, not distance, since traffic patterns can mean your 10 mile commute to downtown LA would take you about an hour while my 40 mile commute the other direction would take me… 40 minutes… but San Diego to Irvine is generally about 70 miles or so.

It’s not hard to find at all. It’s 2 blocks off the freeway exit and you can’t miss the long line of exotics lining up (queuing up, in Queen’s English), to the entrance.

I haven’t met the organizers, but one of the main organizers stands at the front entrance roadway and holds up a sign to the drivers of the exhibitor cars. Very nice lady. You can definitely go say hi to her, I do everytime I drive in, just to let her know I appreciate her efforts.

sweet that sounds pretty easy, what time should we try to arrive?

nick

benzjed
    Participant

@tsoob 67945 wrote:

sweet that sounds pretty easy, what time should we try to arrive?

nick

Try 0630ish to 7am at the latest.

Anonymous

And don’t forget it’s Saturday the 2nd 🙂

sfallison

cool will definitely be there.. im the guy with the broken wrist (have a bright green cast on )

come say hi 🙂

benzjed
    Participant

Don’t forget to say hi to the Lotus crew. There will be a few there, including the bright orange one. They are a friendly bunch. I probably won’t make it, got a family thing in LA.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.