Saleen Inc. and store.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Has anyone else gone to Saleen Inc. or to the Saleen Store in the Spectrum right across from C&C? Last time I went to the store.

2008 Dodge Viper Saleen Edition, yeah, Saleen is painting and doing some assembly at their shop in Troy.

saleenviperyj4.jpg
    Shot at 2007-07-27

Anonymous
    Inactive

i thought saleen was pretty much ford only!?

Anonymous
    CurtC;730 wrote:
    i thought saleen was pretty much ford only!?

Im with Curt here. I want to believe you that Saleen is tuning a Viper but i have only ever seen them do Fords and of course the S7…….

And yes i have been to the store. If you talk to the pretty girl (it was a while ago, i don’t really remember if she was pretty but go with me here) behind the counter and are real nice she will let you at least sit in that mustang if not the S7. 😮

Anonymous
    Knowsfear;732 wrote:
    Im with Curt here. I want to believe you that Saleen is tuning a Viper but i have only ever seen them do Fords and of course the S7…….

And yes i have been to the store. If you talk to the pretty girl (it was a while ago, i don’t really remember if she was pretty but go with me here) behind the counter and are real nice she will let you at least sit in that mustang if not the S7. 😮

Saleen is in talks with GM about tuning the 2009 Camaro as well.

“Our base model should have around 485 horsepower, and expect our Extreme Supercharged Camaro to have over 600 horsepower.” -Saleen

Interview with Steve Saleen for Road & Track.
    http://5thgencamaro.blogspot.com/2006/10/saleen-camaro-fact-or-fiction.html

Anonymous

From everything I’ve been hearing, Saleen is expanding into other marque work, but won’t likely be selling a Saleen Viper or Camaro right away. Just like they did with the Ford GT, Saleen is just helping with production of the Viper. The Camaro was turned over to them to develop the one in the Transformers movie. I think they also sense that because there are so many Mustang variations out there at this point, that hooking up with the next big thing is smart for future business. It will also likely get them some more leverage with Ford by showing they don’t rely on them so much. Look for more aftermarket parts for these other cars from Saleen, but probably not whole vehicles redone by Saleen. At least not right away.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Frank

Btw, the S7 used a redesigned Ford engine so it still falls under ford in my head 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.