Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    morganjackson
    Participant

@Psycho30 67546 wrote:

I can answer that question for ya… Yes they do look customized and quite a few are highly customized! Rims, suspension, under the hood, interior, paint and performance. All things you can find easily done to our cars.

That’s the issue at hand, people that don’t drive the cars don’t know the cars or even care to look at them. The picture you posted says it all. See look 12 bumper shots there all stock, see I told ya! Shakes head, heck look at the front of the cars in the picture and you will notice almost all of there hoods are up. There up for a reason.

Shots taken at cars and coffee…. I have hundreds more if you need further verification. And if you notice we are all individually unique, different mods, styles and colors.. Far from cookie cutters..

Ooooooooooh SNAP!

Nicely done, Psycho.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67552 wrote:

Alright Psycho…I stand corrected. They looked stock from the picture I posted, but as you have shown me, they’re not. Also, on a different note, some nice pictures in that post.[/quote]

Finally, you admit you were wrong.

@Kevin 67552 wrote:

From the C&C’s I’ve been to in the past, the Challenger/Dodge group doesn’t seem to overflow their alloted sections[/quote]

Ummm. The few I’ve been to, I’ve seen Chargers and Challengers in with the Mustangs, classics mixed with modern, etc. When the guys are part of a club, they all like to park together, regardless of the map “guideline.”

@Kevin 67552 wrote:

The problem that everyone has is that the Mustang group gets more spaces than anybody…and still want more. They get 74, and that only includes painted spaces. Nobody else gets more than 37. If you don’t believe me, there is a map posted on the previous page. 74 doesn’t seem to be enough for them.[/quote]

Ahhh so it appears you’re just a Mustang hater. Well, as I previously pointed out, there are often other makes/types intermixed with the Mustangs, so it appears not all of those 74 spaces are theirs.

@Kevin 67552 wrote:

I think the best solution Classic can come up with is to be stricter on the organization of the event. They should have staff at each row entrance, and when the section is full, have it coned off where nobody can get in. When somebody wants out, let the staff know and they can move the cones. Also when the section is full, they should radio to whoever is at the gate, and if a car is there trying to get in to go to a full section, the person at the gate has the right to turn them away. Another solution would be to take away some of the spaces alloted for Mustangs…or better yet, change the layout of the lot a bit, to something like this.[/quote]

The problem with this plan, though it does appear to have value on the surface, is that if they are that strict, there will be times when there are lots of empty spaces going unfilled. You like to keep bringing up the 21 spaces the Italians get…..but I have yet to see them take that many. The few I’ve gone to, half that row was left empty for a good portion of the event.

@Kevin 67552 wrote:

rasetsu is right. Less variety means less spectators, which in turn means less money for the charity of the month. It’s best for nearly everyone to have variety at C&C. We’re not saying “kick the Mustangs out” entirely. They can come out and participate, anyone can. But, people should think twice about if their car belongs in the lot. If two Mustangs showed up at the same time..one was highly modified, and you could tell by just listening to it, they should let that one in. If one has a bodykit, Walmart rims, and a whole lot of decals, they should turn it away. Classic should learn from the quote above about how they do it in Irvine, and how Crystal Cove did it.

Here we go again, setting arbitrary rules on customization levels based one the views of one man. I have yet to see a Mustang at C&C that appears to have “a body kit, Walmart rims and a whole lot of decals.” I think Psycho already put that image to rest.

@RADriver 67558 wrote:

Finally, you admit you were wrong.

Ummm. The few I’ve been to, I’ve seen Chargers and Challengers in with the Mustangs, classics mixed with modern, etc. When the guys are part of a club, they all like to park together, regardless of the map “guideline.”

Ahhh so it appears you’re just a Mustang hater. Well, as I previously pointed out, there are often other makes/types intermixed with the Mustangs, so it appears not all of those 74 spaces are theirs.

The problem with this plan, though it does appear to have value on the surface, is that if they are that strict, there will be times when there are lots of empty spaces going unfilled. You like to keep bringing up the 21 spaces the Italians get…..but I have yet to see them take that many. The few I’ve gone to, half that row was left empty for a good portion of the event.

Here we go again, setting arbitrary rules on customization levels based one the views of one man. I have yet to see a Mustang at C&C that appears to have “a body kit, Walmart rims and a whole lot of decals.” I think Psycho already put that image to rest.

Views of ONE man? Why dont you go read some other forums (no, not your mustang, challenger, charger forums) and see what 99% of the other people say. Im very sorry you happen to be in the other 1%, and also most likely an owner who is literally driving away the reputation of the show.

Your argument is pointless, “you guys” will always have twice the space to park your precious gems, and yet you want more/dont really care if they take over the entire event.

Again, the filtering is great. Keep this going and watch quality attendance increase.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67556 wrote:

When did the words “4th-5th generation Mustangs” ever come out of my keyboard? It didn’t. But nice try at a distraction.

Oh wow…it looks like you don’t know your generations of Mustangs. All of those Mustangs I photographed just for you were either 4th or 5th generation Mustangs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67558 wrote:

You like to keep bringing up the 21 spaces the Italians get…..but I have yet to see them take that many. The few I’ve gone to, half that row was left empty for a good portion of the event.

In February, when I got there at around 8:15, the row consisted of (according to my pictures):
    348 TS
    California
    F40
    F430
    F430
    FF
    Aventador
    Gallardo Twin Turbo
    512TR
    Gallardo Superleggera
    Diablo SV
    Mondial
    550 Maranello
    California
    328 GTB
    458 Italia
    430 Scuderia
    Gallardo Spyder
    Gallardo Coupe

I count 19 spots filled. 19 out of 21. You call that “half”? And when some of those left, others took the spots. So, if you’re saying half of the row is empty for a good portion of the show, you’re saying there were no more than 10-11 cars in that row for the majority of the show. What a f**king dumbass.

The only time that row is never filled is when it’s too hot, or too cold. But, that effects every other section as well. I mean, most everyone doesn’t want to go when it’s 80 degrees at 8am, or when it’s 22 degrees at 8.

@RADriver 67555 wrote:

Awwwww. You mad? LoL

You know it’s often been said that when a poster must resort to over-sized text, profanity and name-calling, he’s already lost the debate. Congrats on your defeat.

I’m stating the obvious. Like Karter said, go around and read other forums, not just your Mustang/Challenger/whatever forums.

Debating with a reasonless person like you is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are at chess, the pigeon will knock over all of the pieces, sh*t on the board, and strut around as if it were victorious. You are the pigeon in this case; by saying that I “lost” the debate, you strut around as if you’re victorious. Because you don’t understand how far first come, first serve goes, you’re knocking over the pieces. And like Karter said, it seems like you are “driving away the reputation of the show”, in other words…sh*tting on the board.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Karter01 67559 wrote:

Views of ONE man? Why dont you go read some other forums (no, not your mustang, challenger, charger forums) and see what 99% of the other people say. Im very sorry you happen to be in the other 1%, and also most likely an owner who is literally driving away the reputation of the show.

I don’t think he believed the 35 posts I posted showing him how almost everyone agrees with me. And those were just from two forums alone. If anyone’s mad, it’s him.

http://www.dfwmiata.com/threads/22264-Cars-and-Coffee-Dallas-4-7/page4
    http://my.is/forums/f133/cars-coffee-dallas-march-2012-a-440117/
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1999950&page=31
    http://forums.corvetteforum.com/southwest/3053066-late-model-corvette-owners-dallas-cars-and-coffee-issues-2.html
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-seville-cadillac-eldorado-forum/253382-caddi-owners-north-texas-area.html
    http://www.ricekiller.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105347

morganjackson
    Participant

@Karter01 67559 wrote:

Your argument is pointless, “you guys” will always have twice the space to park your precious gems, and yet you want more/dont really care if they take over the entire event.

Again, the filtering is great. Keep this going and watch quality attendance increase.

Reading is fundamental. Too bad you missed the boat. I don’t drive a domestic. “My” type of car has one tiny little row, if that. Not a section….a single row. It’s never full, and almost always has other makes parked in it too. Hell, last time I went, we had a Chevy Malibu loaner car parked in our row because the dealership didn’t think to move it before the event.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67560 wrote:

Oh wow…it looks like you don’t know your generations of Mustangs. All of those Mustangs I photographed just for you were either 4th or 5th generation Mustangs.

Irrelevant. I never *said* 4th or 5th gen. That’s just what you chose to photograph. I also said “domestics,” not just Mustangs. But again…nice try. Too bad you fail….again.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67562 wrote:

In February, when I got there at around 8:15, the row consisted of (according to my pictures):

I count 19 spots filled. 19 out of 21. You call that “half”? [/quote]

Wow. You have the same lack of reading ability Karter has. I said when *I* went, not you. I wasn’t there in February.

@Kevin 67562 wrote:

What a f**king dumbass.[/quote]

Said the guy who can’t read. Go ahead and keep calling names and throwing a fit, kiddo. You’ve already lost. Your tantrum is entertaining to me.

@Kevin 67562 wrote:

Debating with a reasonless person like you is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are at chess, the pigeon will knock over all of the pieces, sh*t on the board, and strut around as if it were victorious. You are the pigeon in this case; by saying that I “lost” the debate, you strut around as if you’re victorious. Because you don’t understand how far first come, first serve goes, you’re knocking over the pieces. And like Karter said, it seems like you are “driving away the reputation of the show”, in other words…sh*tting on the board.

Keep it up, kiddo. You’re cracking me up. Psycho already showed you’re full of ****. *That* is victory. Well that and you continually not reading what I post, getting pics of whatever you like and not realizing you’re proving my point for me. Yep, you’re entertaining all around.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67563 wrote:

I don’t think he believed the 35 posts I posted showing him how almost everyone agrees with me. And those were just from two forums alone.[/quote]

Let’s do a little math, shall we? You keep saying the Mustangs have 74 spaces, add to that the other domestic sections and were easily up to 200+. And you post 35 comments from haters. 200-35=165.

Sounds like you’re already out-numbered. Because over 50% of the drivers who bring cars to that lot (going by your own lovely lil map) seem to think the domestics are worthy.

@Kevin 67563 wrote:

If anyone’s mad, it’s him.

Oh yeah..I’m the one using over-sized, bolded text, in all caps (which we all know is the Internet version of screaming).

Youre so funny kiddo. Please keep it up. But wait….didn’t you say pages ago you were “done with me?” Sounds like in addition to being a full-of-**** illiterate, you’re also a liar too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67565 wrote:

Irrelevant. I never *said* 4th or 5th gen. That’s just what you chose to photograph. I also said “domestics,” not just Mustangs. But again…nice try. Too bad you fail….again.

If anyone fails, it’s you. Notice how nobody is agreeing with you? Like Karter said, sucks to be part of the 1 percent, doesn’t it?

And I didn’t “choose” to photograph them. It’s exactly what I saw. You told me to go out and shoot 10 domestics. I did that for you, and you got f**king butthurt because you thought some would be customized, and because I drove around in my area, which is a small town. Jackass. You said that I “went out and shot a bunch of pics of cars that you’ll never see at C&C as though they were representative of the domestic section at this event.” Those EXACT same cars may not show up, but others just like it have. Just look at those pictures I posted. Jesus f**king Christ.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67566 wrote:

Said the guy who can’t read.

How can I read something that wasn’t posted? Never did you mention you didn’t go in February.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67567 wrote:

Let’s do a little math, shall we? You keep saying the Mustangs have 74 spaces, add to that the other domestic sections and were easily up to 200+. And you post 35 comments from haters. 200-35=165.

Sounds like you’re already out-numbered. Because over 50% of the drivers who bring cars to that lot (going by your own lovely lil map) seem to think the domestics are worthy.

And you know who that 50% is? Domestic owners themselves.

And my own map? Yeah, I may have made it in Paint, but it’s an accurate map, and it actually shows the sections which you don’t think exist. You think it’s made up because you think it’s a free-for-all.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67566 wrote:

Keep it up, kiddo. You’re cracking me up. Psycho already showed you’re full of ****. *That* is victory. Well that and you continually not reading what I post, getting pics of whatever you like and not realizing you’re proving my point for me. Yep, you’re entertaining all around.

I read what you post, but all of your points are invalid. Again, it sucks to be part of the 1 percent, doesn’t it? I’m not full of sh*t. If anyone is, it’s you.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67568 wrote:

And I didn’t “choose” to photograph them. It’s exactly what I saw. You told me to go out and shoot 10 domestics. I did that for you, and you got f**king butthurt because you thought some would be customized, [/quote]

Actually, no. You proved my point for me, it was *you* that said you wanted to see cars at C&C that you couldn’t see outside the local Walmart. That was your statement, not mine. The photos you took proved that the ones at C&C are not the ones you see outside Walmart. They are highly customized show cars. You’re hilarious because you proved my point for me and still can’t grasp it.

@Kevin 67568 wrote:

Jackass.

Keep throwing your tantrum kiddo. It is entertaining

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 218 total)
  • The topic ‘Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?’ is closed to new replies.