Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Last two didn’t fit in that last post.

Nobody is coming to see a row full of stock SVT Cobras & Corvettes, and then 1 or 2 real eye-catchers.

You think the owner of the SV or 550 didn’t go, “What the f?” when they were told to turn away? If someone is going to get pissed off because the organizers won’t let him show off his bone stock Z06 along with the 9 others, man up & go to the other lot.

I’m sure I’ll catch some flack, but there are a lot of cars that just don’t belong anymore. It’s becoming a bit of an issue to know that walking through the spectator lot will reveal a lot of really nice cars that should be in the main area. This isn’t Ricekiller. Not everyone actually has a car worth showing off, again, sorry to say. Think anyone wants to see my TL over a stunning LP670-4? I don’t, so I do them a favor by taking my car elsewhere in the chance that the Lamborghini now has a better odd at getting a spot I may have taken up.

All I am saying is that people need to get a realistic view of their car. A row of stock C6 Corvettes/2010 Camaros is not interesting. This is not a GM Factory lot, it is a car show. Think about the mods on your car & if you have anything that 5+ other people aren’t showing off as well. If you don’t, well, your car isn’t as interesting/unique as you probably thought.

I think Classic should take a note out of the Irvine meet. They make it pretty clear what gets in & what doesn’t.

I think that is enough posts to prove my point that people come to see uncommon and unusual.

@RADriver 67405 wrote:

I’ve got a better challenge for you. You go around and takes pics of 10 different domestics. I bet they’re all different. Some will be bone stock, driven by a soccer mom. Some with be lightly modded, and some will have scoops, spoilers, full exhausts, etc. That’s what I call variety.

Challenge accepted. Expect a sh*tload of pictures in this thread tomorrow.

PS-pretty sure all of the domestics I see are stock.

morganjackson
    Participant

@p4R4d0x 67408 wrote:

You ignored the second part of what I said, though. Unless you talk to them, you have no idea. [/quote]

Actually I didn’t ignore it and I don’t need to talk to them, the sheer fact that they have a coned off section is enough to give the impression they are or think they are automotive royalty. What’s stopping them from coming early like the rest of us?

@p4R4d0x 67408 wrote:

You’re more or less saying that everyone that has a lot of money is a douchebag. [/quote]

I don’t believe I used the word douchbag at all, actually.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67409 wrote:

While I may agree with this, that still brings me back to the point where the Mustang section overflows and they go and park in another row INSTEAD of spectator parking. I understand that they are proud of what they have, but is SEVENTY-FOUR spaces enough? It sure isn’t. The Mustang group gets more spaces than anyone, and they STILL want more. When their row is full, they just need to suck it up and go to spectator parking. Who cares if they get offended or upset? They can still walk around and talk to other owners.

Like I said, some do get there early. But please, REFER TO THE PREVIOUS STATEMENT ABOUT THE MUSTANG SECTION OVERFLOWING. How many times do I have to say it before you finally understand it? It has NOTHING to do with beating the Mustangs there. When is enough Mustangs ENOUGH? Seriously.[/quote]

How many times do I have to state my point for *you* to understand it? It does not matter how many domestics show up if the spaces are already FILLED when they arrive. If the space is empty, it goes to the one who pulls into it, period.

@Kevin 67409 wrote:

I never said I was forcing people to not care for Mustangs.[/quote]

You sure give that appearance when you dictate what *you* would rather see.

@Kevin 67409 wrote:

I know some do. But if you don’t believe me when I say most people go to see the uncommon and unusual, go read some of the posts posted previously in this thread. Or better yet, here are posts you have never seen, on two forums I visit…

…I think that is enough posts to prove my point that people come to see uncommon and unusual.

Actually, what most of those posts prove is that many people have wildly differing opinions on what should and should not be allowed in. And that there are a lot of elitist crybabies who can’t or won’t show up early and then complain when they can’t get a spot.

I’ll say it again one more time…at the bottom of my message so it sticks — It does not matter if 10 or 10,000 domestics show up. If the spaces are already taken when they arrive, they are the ones who get turned away. That is what first-come, first-served is all about. You want to show up at 9, don’t expect to get a spot. I learned that the very first time I ever went.

The map you showed is great and all, but it’s more of a loose guideline/layout. The rule of first-come, first-served trumps whatever is drawn on the map.

expewlypala
    Participant

I just wonder if the fact this is a charity event has even been taken into account. Take out the cars and it boils down to it being we are happy all of you came down to support a great charity, to we dont want you here because we want more varity and a higher end car. Its mostly the early birds and average joes that are hitting up the coffee and donation booths. Not the guy that came in later that has already gotten his coffee and breakfast. So im a little confused on where that aspect comes into play. It was us commoners that braved the weather on the Toys for Tots event. But yet we and the charity supporters get the boot! Good to know that the welfare of this is being well looked after, when I all hear is I want more lambo’s not how can we bring in more donations to a great cause.

JOHN MARTIN
    Participant

Hey Kevin, my grandfather used to tell me “Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and it annoys the pig”.

I’ve redefined my definition of ‘car guy’ based on this thread. Sad, after 50 years I thought I had it down.

On a lighter note, I’ve attached a dancing banana!

AND PS to Eric Maas: THANK YOU for this show! You’ve created a monster, and I’m sorry that you now have to manage it based on what are quite obviously some huge differences in opinion, but us ‘car guys’ do appreciate your efforts.

The event is a victim of its own success – there are just too many participants to fit and satsify everyone and the perspectives differ, some pretty wildly.

A problem with first come, first served, is that some folks treat this as a “club” event and try to get the club to come out. Well, a few clubs with large memberships do that and the room is all gone. I really don’t hink most participans and spectators want to come to a club event, but then again it is fun to be able to come with your club.

The problem with reserved spots is the perception of elitism and what if they don’t all fill? You’ve excluded an early bird enthusiast for nothing.

I do think most participants and spectators want both variety and to see the unusual.

In that regard, I simply don’t come out in a late model, high production number car, unless for some reason it is unusual (say one of the first of the new Shelby, or ZR1 or the like, and even then only once or twice an not after the car has been out for a while).

I have come out to participate and spectate. If the former, I bring something that I really think is unusual, like 1961 Corvette or a more serious exotic. I actually don’t care much about anything late model, unless it is really, really new, like the Fisker Karma or MP4-12C a while back. I hope to see the latest Shelby monster soon. I don’t care about stock Gallardos, 360s, 430s and even 458s actually.

So to me a pure first come, first parked approach runs the risk of a swarm of high production number late model cars showing up and eliminating the more unusual. That said, I think reserved spots should have a time limit on them, too.

scodemike

@Kevin 67391 wrote:

I’d like to hear where it was mentioned that there is a problem with the allotted numbers of spaces for exotics. It becomes a problem when, like I and many others have said NUMEROUS times, when the Mustang rows fill up, and more Mustangs show up, THEY PARK IN OTHER ROWS INSTEAD OF SPECTATOR PARKING.

Again, they are NOT lazy. Some of the owners I know get up at 6 and get there early. Again, like I and others have said numerous times (which you have failed to understand), if they weren’t coned off…refer to the scenario above. Look at how many spaces Mustangs alone get, compared to the Italian row.
    2qirdk1.jpg
    For Mustangs alone, I counted 74 painted spaces, plus more “stripeless” spaces (like against the curb near the service road). Italians? 21. If 21 Mustangs showed up, and those 21 spaces weren’t coned off, guess where they would go?

Just because YOU don’t care for them does NOT mean EVERYONE doesn’t care for them. You can’t be like Kim Jong-un and force everyone to not care for a specific car. Again, something you have failed to understand, 80% of people spend most of their time in the Italian row, or looking at other exotics and uncommon stuff. Why? Because the cars there are cars we don’t see on a daily basis. Here’s a challenge. Drive around your area and tell me how long it takes to find one of these three. The first is a 1966 Ferrari 330 GTC, one of only 600 produced. The second is a Lamborghini Gallardo. The third is an Alfa Romeo 156.
    1pi73c.jpg
    14lu0kp.jpg
    18kp06.jpg
    Too hard? Wanna know why? The Ferrari is obvious; that is a collector car, and most owners don’t like to drive them. The Gallardo, for many, is considered a weekend toy and again is not daily driven. The Alfa, while a common car in Europe, was never sold in the states, and is a grey import. Here’s an easier challenge. Do the same thing, and tell me how long it takes to see a Mustang, or 2010 Camaro.

NO. The reason why others don’t attend is because they can go see half of what’s in the lot at a local Walmart parking lot. It’s obvious that you don’t realize this.

The EXACT same thing applies to Mustangs. You see one, you’ve seen them all…except on a daily basis.

AMEN! I agree 100% with everything you said.

internet-high-five.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67405 wrote:

I’ve got a better challenge for you. You go around and takes pics of 10 different domestics.

Here you go. I had errands to run in the small town of Keene today, and I accepted your challenge.
    rjnw5t.jpg
    11kgodf.jpg
    255qkh2.jpg
    149cshc.jpg
    fo0g83.jpg
    1g26u0.jpg
    4rugc0.jpg
    jqgev7.jpg
    1ze88k1.jpg
    30vyjkm.jpg

@RADriver 67405 wrote:

I bet they’re all different. Some will be bone stock, driven by a soccer mom. Some with be lightly modded, and some will have scoops, spoilers, full exhausts, etc.

Yeah…do any of those look modified to you? No. ALL of them are bone stock.

From what it sounds like, you want to see stuff like this:
    2n9g9j8.jpg
    Buddy, there’s a meet called Ricekiller. You should check it out. Seems like your crowd.

gttsome
    Participant

@Kevin 67441 wrote:

Here you go. I had errands to run in the small town of Keene today, and I accepted your challenge.
    11kgodf.jpg

What are you talking about?? That Charger looks modified to me! 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67413 wrote:

It does not matter how many domestics show up if the spaces are already FILLED when they arrive. If the space is empty, it goes to the one who pulls into it, period.

I don’t know if you realize this (it seems like you DON’T), but Classic has rows set aside for each type of car. They have two German rows, a British row (which is smaller than the rest thanks to one or two concession tents set up by Classic), 1-2 Japanese rows, an Italian row, a few rows set aside for classic American cars, and the rest is for modern American cars. They do this to (attempt to) keep the show ORGANIZED. Do you know what ORGANIZED means? It’s like Walmart…you have soda on one aisle, cookies/snack foods on another, and so on.

Now, here is a scenario. If Walmart gets an excess of one product (for example, Dr. Pepper), do they put more than what can fit on a the allotted Dr. Pepper section of the shelves in the soda aisle on another aisle (for example, the bread aisle)? No. They keep what can’t fit in the back, until there is enough room to put some of the excess product on the shelf.

The Mustang and other modern muscle owners don’t seem to understand this concept. They feel they can park wherever if they get there early enough. Would you feel bad knowing something like this:
    27wwpwx.jpg
    took the spot for something like this?:
    sb64w5.jpg

@RADriver 67413 wrote:

Actually, what most of those posts prove is that many people have wildly differing opinions on what should and should not be allowed in. And that there are a lot of elitist crybabies who can’t or won’t show up early and then complain when they can’t get a spot.

Out of all of those posts, only ONE was mad about getting turned away because he showed up at 8. ONE, out of THIRTY-FIVE posts, and you think they are ALL complaining because they “won’t show up early” and “can’t get a spot”? A couple of those do have nice cars, like a Ferrari or Porsche. But alot of those have normal cars, like an Acura. Face it. Most spectators who come to this event (auto enthusiast or not) do not want to see 100s of the same stock cars they see on a daily basis at Cars and Coffee. Again, that is why lots of people have stopped attending this show because of that. YOU OBVIOUSLY DON’T UNDERSTAND THIS.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@p4R4d0x 67443 wrote:

What are you talking about?? That Charger looks modified to me! 😆

Holy crap! I just now realized, that’s the ULTRA RARE Charger Police Interceptor! lololol

JOHN MARTIN
    Participant

@Kevin 67444 wrote:

Out of all of those posts, only ONE was mad about getting turned away because he showed up at 8.

That’s not true. He wasn’t mad because he was turned away at 8:00, he was mad because he was turned away and there were spaces left in the Italian row…..

😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

@TXGuy 67450 wrote:

That’s not true. He wasn’t mad because he was turned away at 8:00, he was mad because he was turned away and there were spaces left in the Italian row…..

😉

That could go one of two ways.

1. Poor communication by staff.
    2. Good communication by staff, and the Italian row was full. During the time he parked and walked over there, a few cars left and cleared up spaces.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67441 wrote:

Here you go. I had errands to run in the small town of Keene today, and I accepted your challenge. [/quote]

Challenge failed. A) Small town; B) It looks like you went out of your way to avoid driving around with your eyes open.

I saw two modified domestics while going to the store and to work today. One trip was 15 minutes, the other was 8.5. Funny how I can see 2 modded cars in a grand total of 23.5 minutes and about 10 square miles, yet you managed to find none at all.

@Kevin 67441 wrote:

Yeah…do any of those look modified to you? No. ALL of them are bone stock.[/quote]

And not one you photographed has ever shown up to C&C.

@Kevin 67441 wrote:

Buddy, there’s a meet called Ricekiller. You should check it out. Seems like your crowd.

To avoid douchebag elitist pricks, I probably should.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67444 wrote:

I don’t know if you realize this (it seems like you DON’T), but Classic has rows set aside for each type of car. They have two German rows, a British row (which is smaller than the rest thanks to one or two concession tents set up by Classic), 1-2 Japanese rows, an Italian row, a few rows set aside for classic American cars, and the rest is for modern American cars. They do this to (attempt to) keep the show ORGANIZED. Do you know what ORGANIZED means? It’s like Walmart…you have soda on one aisle, cookies/snack foods on another, and so on.[/quote]

I don’t know if *you* realize this (despite it already being pointed out in plain English) but the organization you keep pointing out is a LOOSE GUIDELINE, not a hard rule. If no domestics showed up next month, do you think their section would go unfilled? No. Some other make and model would take those spots. That is how it works. If the space is empty, you park in it.

@Kevin 67441 wrote:

Now, here is a scenario. If Walmart gets an excess of one product (for example, Dr. Pepper), do they put more than what can fit on a the allotted Dr. Pepper section of the shelves in the soda aisle on another aisle (for example, the bread aisle)? No. They keep what can’t fit in the back, until there is enough room to put some of the excess product on the shelf.[/quote]

Nice straw man argument, but it fails because you’re wrong about stores too. I have seen numerous occasions where end caps and solo stands were set up to accommodate more of a product. You’ve never noticed the entry way being filled floor to ceiling with a coke display? The entry way is not the soda aisle.

@Kevin 67441 wrote:

The Mustang and other modern muscle owners don’t seem to understand this concept. [/quote]

Kinda like how you don’t get the concept of first-come, first-served.

@Kevin 67441 wrote:

They feel they can park wherever if they get there early enough. Would you feel bad knowing something like this:

took the spot for something like this?:[/quote]

If the second showed up late? Nope. Wouldn’t feel bad at all.

@Kevin 67441 wrote:

Out of all of those posts, only ONE was mad about getting turned away because he showed up at 8. ONE, out of THIRTY-FIVE posts, and you think they are ALL complaining because they “won’t show up early” and “can’t get a spot”? A couple of those do have nice cars, like a Ferrari or Porsche. But alot of those have normal cars, like an Acura. Face it. Most spectators who come to this event (auto enthusiast or not) do not want to see 100s of the same stock cars they see on a daily basis at Cars and Coffee. Again, that is why lots of people have stopped attending this show because of that. YOU OBVIOUSLY DON’T UNDERSTAND THIS.

There’s a great many things you don’t understand. Last time I walked the domestic section, I saw very few, if any, “stock cars.”

Look up the definition of first-come, first-served, then get back to me with your bold and over-sized text.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 218 total)
  • The topic ‘Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?’ is closed to new replies.