Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    morganjackson
    Participant

@sumtit 67333 wrote:

Id be more than happy to park my 458 next to a Mazda 3 in the main lot.
    Doesnt really matter where i park as im usually walking around anyhow.

What bothers me is when i get turned to the spectator lot in my 458 only to find i have to park 3 miles away from the actual show. Believe it or not i get more door dings from other high end car owners parking close not paying attention or from their dip**** friends scurrying to get out of the car to remind themselfs they were in a ferrari.

Well said. One of the worst dings I ever got was also the most perplexing. A guy in a stark white ’69 Corvette Stingray let his door hit my black ’02 Jetta (pos car, don’t get me started). I was like “Really dude? In a car like that and you’re not going to be careful with your door?”

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67335 wrote:

I don’t think some of you understand the variety equation. When 25 Italian cars show up (Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, sometimes Alfa Romeo), more than one make and model is represented (the row could be 360, FF, Diablo SV, 599, 550, 308, 458, Murcielago, California, 2-3 Gallardos, 430 Scuderia, Alfa 8C, Maserati GT, and a 355).

I don’t think you understand the human variety variable. I for one barely know what an Alfa Romeo is, let alone care if I see one. I’ll never buy one, never drive one, and don’t really care about them. The Ferraris…..I’ve seen ’em. Honestly, very few are impressive to me anymore. As for Lambos…yeah, the most current, highest-end ones are cool. But again, I’ve got no chance of owning one. So, I took pics the first time I saw them, but since that day, I just glance as I walk by.

@Kevin 67335 wrote:

When 25 Mustangs show up, it’s 25 Mustangs. One make and model is represented.

One model with a large variety of customizations. I saw a blue Mustang with flames on it that had the rear GT emblem replaced with a circular cut-out that also had blue flames on it, that is a detail-oriented customization…. not something you’d likely see on a Lambo.

Furthermore, *because* those models are more attainable, the owners do more to them. It’s nice to walk around and see the variety of mods to get ideas for mine if I ever decide to get one.

What you call boring, real car guys call window shopping and getting to know like-minded people. I find it nice to know that if I decide to get a new GT, I’ll be able to join such a large group of enthusiasts who appreciate the same kind of car I do.

@Kevin 67335 wrote:

That’s how the Mustangs and such “dominate” the show.

The reason they dominate the show is because they are A) part of a club and B) they get there EARLY. They don’t expect a space to be reserved for them if they show at 9.

@Kevin 67335 wrote:

It’s not just the high-end car owners who are complaining. Several people on another forum who have Mustangs, Camaros, and Japanese cars complain as well.

Don’t misunderstand the complaints. Most, from what I’ve seen, witnessed, and experienced, complain about their treatment over cars that cost more — the car snobbery that goes on, and that you are clearly demonstrating for us. You make it sound as though you’d be happy with a show that has a handful of exotics, a few classics, and that’s it. The rest of us would like to see lots of cars, but we don’t want to be treated as second class citizens just because our cars don’t cost $100,000.

@Kevin 67335 wrote:

That’s why I, along with dozens of others, have stopped attending. The show is turning into a Mustang/modern muscle fest. Most of the spectators who go there want to see the uncommon and unusual, like the exotics, the classic American cars from the 50s and earlier, old muscle cars, the old VW Buses, the red Yugo that shows up from time to time, the kit cars (like the blue one built on a Corvette chassis), the old Minis, and others. NOT to see stuff that our friends own and use as a daily driver.

And the reason others don’t attend is they don’t like being made to feel inferior because they didn’t spend the cost of a mid-size house on their car.

@Kevin 67335 wrote:

WE WANT VARIETY.

You’re getting variety. But 20 bone stock Lambos and Ferraris aren’t what some consider variety. You see one bone stock Gallardo, you’ve pretty much seen them all. The only thing that changes is the color.

71MachOne
    Participant

I agree mostly with RADriver

The lambos are cool, but they are not modified. If i wanted to see a stock lambo, ferrari or m3… i drive to a dealership and check em out.

But i want to talk to guys who modded thier cars in their garage. Who have actually worked on thier cars.. gave each one a personality to match the driver.

I dont mind that they are so many mustangs… those guys are usually pretty nice! And thiey are not all the same.. some are Boss, Shelbys or supercharged beasts that roar like a lion.

I myself have a challenger. I love seeing other challengers and see what they did to their cars to maybe implement it into my own. I also love seeing camaros and mustangs… i like seeing the stereos, engines and other goodies they have CREATED for their ride.

Even honda guys who get hundreds of horsepower for 2 liter engines have lots to share….

If i wanted to see a stock car… i will google the image, watch a video on youtube or stop by a dealership.

for the really exotics… like the Fisker that showed up… reserve 10 spots for ultra high end. and stick em near the front. That way the real special ones get noticed and we dont see 6 different stock ferrari 360s

I want to meet up with other car lovers… not just who can write a big check.

Keep it as is… the people who want it more (car nuts showing up early)… get the prize.

Nike SBd
    Participant

I can see we have a over whelming number of Mustangs, Corvettes, Cameros, and ……….. But the point of Cars and Coffee is for people like us who are passionate about our car or cars have a place to show them off and enjoy seeing other cars and talk cars. As for me… there are a lot of daily drivers that I don’t give more then a glance…. But to the person who ownes that car… ” It’s the coolest car and they are proud of their car enough to show it off. ” Back in high school I didn’t have hardly any money and I drove a Vega for the longest time. Back then a Vega was not COOL but I thought it was and I took it to cars shows and GTGs. Sure most all my friends had the cool cars,… Trans Ams, corvettes, Firebirds, cameros, 240 and 260 Zs and so on, but never once did I get turned away because my car was not a higher caliber model. Sure untill I droped a Chev 350 in the Vega, no one really looked at it. But I was still proud of it and kept it clean. My point you is you can’t turn a car or driver away from a GTG because his car dosn’t meet a Standerd or cost value. This is NOT a Concourse show… Its just a Car GTG. If the million dollor car owners don’t want to have to show up at 7am then they can show up at 9 or 10am… By 10 there is always room to park. ALSO If they are really that passionate about their car or cars and enjoy showing them off, then they would be up early to get there in time for a parking spot. We all have ajusted to the earlier time we have to show up. The crowd of drivers that show up do not look look like Gang Members or Drugies… for the most part they look just like us … people who enjoy cars. When I looked on line… No other Cars and Coffee limits the type of cars that can show up to their GTGs. Los Ageles Cars and coffee that has a larg # of high end cars starts at 6am and there is no word of limiting number or type of cars that show up. And looking over their photos the have large #s of Vettes, mustangs and cameros. The Los Angels event is so popular that they even started a GTG on sudays thats called ” Super Car Sunday. ” In their photo and videos you see a LOT of the high end cars but also again you see all other makes too. In their advertiement for the show the say ” Open to all makes and models ” And It’s free to go and show your car just like Cars and Coffee. So again my piont is how do you tell the people who have the same passion I do for their car or cars that ” their car ” is not good enough or expensive enough to join the show…. YOU DONT ! When we start doing that at a ” general ” car GTGs like… Cars and Coffee or Super Car Sunday then we have lost the meaning of being ” A Car Guy “
    Just my opinion
    ELIO

Also i would be ok with the the Lambos, ferraris placing cones in the section they always park. To do so they will have to take turns on one of them showing up early enough to do so. I have seen this done in other sections in the parking lot. OR better yet… why don’t they call up all their friends who have those high end cars and show up really early and take over that whole section AND the first role… That would be cool! I’m sure if that happend we wouldn’t hear the Mustangs guys complaning.

rosmakloma

Exotics and classics, that’s what I want to see.

I went to the April C&C, it was such a debacle trying to find a space to park my car at 7:15am, it took 30 minutes to get into the parking lot, the Porsche row was already full, and almost all other spots were filled with “generic” cars. After it was all over I swore that I wouldn’t go back as either a participant or as a spectator.

I realize that everyone is entitled to show off their car regardless of country of origin, and it’s not about who has the highest price tag, but there really is a substantial number of cars that are “marginally” show worthy. For me personally I do not like the current direction that C&C is going

BTW I did not go last week, so so far I’m true to my word

Instead of Cars & Coffee maybe we should rename it Muscle Milk and Rice
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3116[/ATTACH]

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67344 wrote:

The point is, those who have a problem with their allotted number if spaces should avoid having dealers bring cars before complaining about the number of other types of cars.

I’d like to hear where it was mentioned that there is a problem with the allotted numbers of spaces for exotics. It becomes a problem when, like I and many others have said NUMEROUS times, when the Mustang rows fill up, and more Mustangs show up, THEY PARK IN OTHER ROWS INSTEAD OF SPECTATOR PARKING.

@RADriver 67345 wrote:

It is indeed because they are lazy. If they’d get there early enough, they could have 40 or more spaces. But they don’t want to do that. They’d rather complain about the number of reserved spots when they show up at 8.

Again, they are NOT lazy. Some of the owners I know get up at 6 and get there early. Again, like I and others have said numerous times (which you have failed to understand), if they weren’t coned off…refer to the scenario above. Look at how many spaces Mustangs alone get, compared to the Italian row.
    2qirdk1.jpg
    For Mustangs alone, I counted 74 painted spaces, plus more “stripeless” spaces (like against the curb near the service road). Italians? 21. If 21 Mustangs showed up, and those 21 spaces weren’t coned off, guess where they would go?

@RADriver 67349 wrote:

I don’t think you understand the human variety variable. I for one barely know what an Alfa Romeo is, let alone care if I see one. I’ll never buy one, never drive one, and don’t really care about them. The Ferraris…..I’ve seen ’em. Honestly, very few are impressive to me anymore. As for Lambos…yeah, the most current, highest-end ones are cool. But again, I’ve got no chance of owning one. So, I took pics the first time I saw them, but since that day, I just glance as I walk by.

Just because YOU don’t care for them does NOT mean EVERYONE doesn’t care for them. You can’t be like Kim Jong-un and force everyone to not care for a specific car. Again, something you have failed to understand, 80% of people spend most of their time in the Italian row, or looking at other exotics and uncommon stuff. Why? Because the cars there are cars we don’t see on a daily basis. Here’s a challenge. Drive around your area and tell me how long it takes to find one of these three. The first is a 1966 Ferrari 330 GTC, one of only 600 produced. The second is a Lamborghini Gallardo. The third is an Alfa Romeo 156.
    1pi73c.jpg
    14lu0kp.jpg
    18kp06.jpg
    Too hard? Wanna know why? The Ferrari is obvious; that is a collector car, and most owners don’t like to drive them. The Gallardo, for many, is considered a weekend toy and again is not daily driven. The Alfa, while a common car in Europe, was never sold in the states, and is a grey import. Here’s an easier challenge. Do the same thing, and tell me how long it takes to see a Mustang, or 2010 Camaro.

@RADriver 67349 wrote:

And the reason others don’t attend is they don’t like being made to feel inferior because they didn’t spend the cost of a mid-size house on their car.

NO. The reason why others don’t attend is because they can go see half of what’s in the lot at a local Walmart parking lot. It’s obvious that you don’t realize this.

@RADriver 67349 wrote:

You see one bone stock Gallardo, you’ve pretty much seen them all. The only thing that changes is the color.

The EXACT same thing applies to Mustangs. You see one, you’ve seen them all…except on a daily basis.

gttsome
    Participant

@RADriver 67349 wrote:

One model with a large variety of customizations. I saw a blue Mustang with flames on it that had the rear GT emblem replaced with a circular cut-out that also had blue flames on it, that is a detail-oriented customization…. not something you’d likely see on a Lambo.

I don’t want to see 100 Mustang GT’s with different color badges. I also don’t see why that’s something you wouldn’t see on a lambo?

@RADriver 67349 wrote:

You’re getting variety. But 20 bone stock Lambos and Ferraris aren’t what some consider variety. You see one bone stock Gallardo, you’ve pretty much seen them all. The only thing that changes is the color.

Again, 100 Mustangs with different badge colors is not variety either. I would rather see two different color Gallardos than two Mustangs with different badge colors.

I’m not anti-Mustang in the least, I’m just using your example.

@Doc Fluty 67358 wrote:

The lambos are cool, but they are not modified.

Some are. The black Gallardo that was there in Feb was twin-turbo. How much more modified do you want it?
    @Doc Fluty 67358 wrote:

I dont mind that they are so many mustangs… those guys are usually pretty nice! And thiey are not all the same.. some are Boss, Shelbys or supercharged beasts that roar like a lion.

Sure, and those are nice to see. But some are stock V6’s. My ex drove one of those, I don’t want to see 25 of them at a car show. She had vinyl stripes on it, too, that doesn’t make it a show car.

@Doc Fluty 67358 wrote:

Even honda guys who get hundreds of horsepower for 2 liter engines have lots to share….

I am all for that, thumbs up. I would rather see a well done highly modified car any day.

@Doc Fluty 67358 wrote:

I want to meet up with other car lovers… not just who can write a big check.

Just because someone has a lot of money doesn’t mean they’re not a car lover. They could have bought a boat, or another house, but they bought a nice/fast/rare car instead. Many (or most) of them may be stuck-up elitists, who knows, but that doesn’t mean everyone that has a lambo/ferrari/$$ car is. (I am a poor graduate student, so I am not defending myself here, just saying, you have no idea how into cars these people are)

@Doc Fluty 67358 wrote:

Keep it as is… the people who want it more (car nuts showing up early)… get the prize.

I still agree with this – I just think some people should think twice about if their car should be in the main lot or not. You can still talk to fellow owners and compare modifications and ‘window shop’ if your car isn’t there.

Also, you say you don’t want to see stock Lambos, or any stock cars – I am just saying that if you have this view, you can’t want to see stock Mustangs/Camaros/Challengers either.

Again, not against those cars in the least, just giving another side to the argument 🙂

@in2fun 67367 wrote:

No other Cars and Coffee limits the type of cars that can show up to their GTGs.

Maybe a possible solution would be to look into a larger venue? Just wondering, are the LA meets in a larger lot?

Nike SBd
    Participant

I’m not sure how large the parking lots is but by the photos i would say it’s as lage as the BMWs but not sure. it did get so big that the started a Suday GTG called ” Super car Sunday ” Also the LA Cars And Coffee is every week on Sat. So I bet that helps because not every one can make it out every. weekend. I did have lunch with a friend today who said…. He spoke with a friend who is on the school board in Southlake, They talked about Cars and Coffee. His friend said that he thought he could get it aproved to use the Dragon Stadium parking lot in Southlake for the one sat a month GTG. The parking lot holds about 4,000 cars. So if Cars and Coffee would like to look at that as a possible solution please get in tough with me and I will pass on the contack info to you guys. But I sure like the BMW guys. They are very good to us.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just read all of the posts from May 5th to present. There’s a lot of stuff in these posts I want to comment on…

What C&C is:

Something that bothers me about the majority of the posts is that people keep trying to find an excuse that prevents another person from participating. “Your car’s stock, mine is modified and must be better”, “Your car’s cheap, mine’s expensive and must be better”, etc.

As in2fun stated, C&C isn’t Concours D’elegance or Autorama. If there was going to be judging, I can understand why you’d want to filter out cars. However, this is a get together. A place we make new friends, see cars we’re interested in, and just plain… enjoy ourselves.

Everyone is going to have a preference:

Every single person who attends C&C and every single person that is going to read my post is going to like certain cars and not like other cars. I like 80s and 90s sports/muscle cars, exotics, and things I haven’t seen before. I’d actually rather look at 100% stock cars than modified cars for the most part. That’s my taste. It’s neat to see a stock ’82 Corvette looking exactly the way GM made it so many years ago. It’s also neat seeing modified cars… but somebody has to stick up for the ‘stock’ owners since nobody else is… Flowmaster exhaust and a K&N cold air intake doesn’t make your Volkswagen any cooler to me than a stock one.

From my personal point of view, if anyone wants to bring their ’80s or ’90s sports/muscle car to the show, even if it’s a POS, it’s still cool! Why? Because I never see these cars on the road anymore. It’s what I like. They’re nice to see and I like meeting other owners who have also held onto these cars that never show up to shows anymore. ’80s and ’90s Camaros, RX-7s, 3000GTs, Firebirds, Stealths, Fieros? Awesome. I look them over just as much as I do the Fiskers, Maseratis, and Lamborghinis–probably even more!

On the other hand, there are also cars I don’t care to see. I don’t mean to offend anyone who owns these cars, but no matter what it is, if it’s late model and there’s more than 3 of them there, I just don’t care. Doesn’t matter if it’s a Mustang, a Camaro, a Ferrari, a Mini, or a Porsche. It doesn’t matter if the cars are 100% stock or slightly modified.

Four red Ferrari 458s are just as boring as four red C6 Corvettes, 2010+ Camaros, 2005+ Mustangs, etc. If there are more than a few, they blend into a group of general blah, simply because they are no longer rare when others are around that ‘appear’ to be the exact same thing. I imagine that is something most of us could agree on.

Who should we exclude?

I don’t think anyone should be excluded unless the lot is full. If someone wants to show up at 7am to get a spot, let them have it. If they want to take it up with their daily driver 2009 minivan, fine. The really nice cars look even better when they are parked by something you don’t like, and the person in the minivan showed up an hour before you.

As I said above, I personally dislike seeing multiples of late model cars, whether they are stock or modified–I don’t care. But just because I don’t care about 1 of 20 late model Challengers on a row (just as an example) doesn’t mean there aren’t 50 other people who DO care. So they should all be allowed.

What’s going to solve our problems?

I think there are two solutions, one of which is very easy.

1A) The Italian area needs to be relocated, and be a general ‘exotic’ area. They constantly have problems with not having enough room, having too many spectators making it difficult to drive in, out, or through, and they have problems parking given the fact most of these cars are hard to reverse into a spot.

Solution: Give the exotics the first row where the Mustangs are. It’s the easiest to park at, it’s the easiest to leave from, and most importantly… it has the most standing room for spectators of any row in the lot. Making it an “Italian” only area is too restricted, as a Fiat 500 isn’t even on the same planet as these cars, and the drivers of Saleen S7s, Ford GTs, Aston Martins, and Rolls Royces need to be able to park with other cars of their caliber. The Mustangs can establish their own row. Maybe even force some of the Japanese compacts into the old Italian section so they’ll stop leaving a full car length of space behind themselves and the curb.

I can already see it coming… “why should the exotics get special treatment?”

I don’t think they should get reserved spots after about 8am. If the lot’s packed and somebody needs a spot, you snooze, you lose. However, I do believe we need a special location for the cars that are 10 times as expensive as the average car at the event. My reason? I’ll keep it simple—-I don’t know about you, but my insurance doesn’t cover me hitting a Rolls Royce. My coverage doesn’t go that high. I’d rather the Rolls get to park with some other expensive cars and far away from me.

Which brings me to…

1B) There needs to be… for lack of a better term… an “interesting” section on the other side of the lot on the front row where the Corvettes currently are. There are some REALLY interesting and unusual non-exotic cars that show up, and they need a better place to park.

The staff of C&C should easily be able to handle discerning what is a VERY unique car over something else and only allow those cars to park on the front rows near the main entrance. Put the cars that are heavily customized on this row as well as anything incredibly interesting. The blue car that looks like a Le Mans race car… the red car that was on the cover of a 1960s Hot Rod magazine… that yellow station wagon sombody added 6 doors to in order to fit their entire family… etc. They should all be here.

2) This has been something people have been whining about for years now. “The event needs to be moved.” No it doesn’t.

Solution: Somebody else, outside of North Dallas/Plano needs to start up their own C&C style event. Hold it on the same weekend. That way the people who live in Ft. Worth, Grapevine, and Southlake can have their own event that isn’t 40+ miles from home, and that will thin down the crowd. Classic BMW’s parking lot is HUGE. Who really wants to walk around a parking lot 2 or 3 times larger? Not me.

Anyway… that’s enough typing for me.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67391 wrote:

I’d like to hear where it was mentioned that there is a problem with the allotted numbers of spaces for exotics.

As I said the first time, the issue isn’t with the allotment, but the reservations.

@Kevin 67391 wrote:

It becomes a problem when, like I and many others have said NUMEROUS times, when the Mustang rows fill up, and more Mustangs show up, THEY PARK IN OTHER ROWS INSTEAD OF SPECTATOR PARKING.

If they show up early and there are spaces available, they deserve them. The early bird gets the worm.

@Kevin 67391 wrote:

Again, they are NOT lazy. Some of the owners I know get up at 6 and get there early.

Some might. The rest casually stroll in whenever they feel like it.

@Kevin 67391 wrote:

Again, like I and others have said numerous times (which you have failed to understand), if they weren’t coned off…refer to the scenario above. Look at how many spaces Mustangs alone get, compared to the Italian row.

And again, the point you are failing to understand — if you want a space, GET THERE EARLY. Beat the Mustangs to the punch and your precious exotics will have no problems. The times I have gone, I’ve gotten there prior to 6:45 and there were less domestics than there were imports (my club all drove in together, so we quickly (albeit briefly) out-numbered the domestics.

@Kevin 67391 wrote:

For Mustangs alone, I counted 74 painted spaces, plus more “stripeless” spaces (like against the curb near the service road). Italians? 21. If 21 Mustangs showed up, and those 21 spaces weren’t coned off, guess where they would go?

Why not mark the spaces with….the CARS by getting their early?

@Kevin 67391 wrote:

Just because YOU don’t care for them does not mean EVERYONE doesn’t care for them.

Aside from your dependence on overly large text, the same could be said for your view on domestics….see how at works? That is why getting there early is the best option. You just can’t argue with the first-come, first-served model. You want it bad enough, get there early enough.

@Kevin 67391 wrote:

You can’t be like Kim Jong-un and force everyone to not care for a specific car.

Neither can you.

@Kevin 67391 wrote:

Again, something you have failed to understand, 80% of people spend most of their time in the Italian row, or looking at other exotics and uncommon stuff.

I don’t and I know many who don’t as well. 90% of stats on Internet message boards are 100% fake.

@Kevin 67391 wrote:

Here’s a challenge. Drive around your area and tell me how long it takes to find one of these three. The first is a 1966 Ferrari 330 GTC, one of only 600 produced. The second is a Lamborghini Gallardo. The third is an Alfa Romeo 156.

The first and second are rare, no doubt, but I see the Lambo at least once or twice a week.

@Kevin 67391 wrote:

Do the same thing, and tell me how long it takes to see a Mustang, or 2010 Camaro.

I’ve got a better challenge for you. You go around and takes pics of 10 different domestics. I bet they’re all different. Some will be bone stock, driven by a soccer mom. Some with be lightly modded, and some will have scoops, spoilers, full exhausts, etc. That’s what I call variety.

@Kevin 67391 wrote:

NO. The reason why others don’t attend is because they can go see half of what’s in the lot at a local Walmart parking lot. It’s obvious that you don’t realize this.

Your car snobbery is showing again.

@Kevin 67391 wrote:

The EXACT same thing applies to Mustangs. You see one, you’ve seen them all…except on a daily basis.

Not even remotely. This is more true for exotics than domestics. Domestic guys customize, exotics do not.

morganjackson
    Participant

@p4R4d0x 67396 wrote:

I don’t want to see 100 Mustang GT’s with different color badges. I also don’t see why that’s something you wouldn’t see on a lambo?

Again, 100 Mustangs with different badge colors is not variety either. I would rather see two different color Gallardos than two Mustangs with different badge colors.

I’m not anti-Mustang in the least, I’m just using your example.

The badging was just an example of the guy’s level of detail. His car was highly modified.

@p4R4d0x 67396 wrote:

Some are. The black Gallardo that was there in Feb was twin-turbo. How much more modified do you want it?

Enough to show it’s modded to the casual observer. I was given “attitude” because my import looked stock…because I started my mods under the hood. What’s expected for one group should be expected for all.

@p4R4d0x 67396 wrote:

Sure, and those are nice to see. But some are stock V6’s. My ex drove one of those, I don’t want to see 25 of them at a car show. She had vinyl stripes on it, too, that doesn’t make it a show car.

Nope. But it might be a work in progress. I’ve seen those too. They put up a photo of their “plan” and little by little, you can watch the progress. Mine was like that, sans photo. Over the course of three visits, it went from bone stock to what it is today. It doesn’t even look like the same car.

@p4R4d0x 67396 wrote:

Just because someone has a lot of money doesn’t mean they’re not a car lover.

It doesn’t make them automotive royalty either, though they seem to act like it.

@p4R4d0x 67396 wrote:

I still agree with this – I just think some people should think twice about if their car should be in the main lot or not. You can still talk to fellow owners and compare modifications and ‘window shop’ if your car isn’t there.

Comparing is tough if the cars are a quarter-mile apart.

@p4R4d0x 67396 wrote:

Also, you say you don’t want to see stock Lambos, or any stock cars – I am just saying that if you have this view, you can’t want to see stock Mustangs/Camaros/Challengers either.

I don’t. But if they get there early enough, they clearly want it more than someone who shows at 9.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Brangeta 67404 wrote:

Maybe even force some of the Japanese compacts into the old Italian section so they’ll stop leaving a full car length of space behind themselves and the curb.

Wanna know why we do that? If we don’t, the people at the entrances let in so many cars they park in the lanes in front of us and block us in and we can’t leave until they move their car.

gttsome
    Participant

@RADriver 67406 wrote:

Enough to show it’s modded to the casual observer. I was given “attitude” because my import looked stock…because I started my mods under the hood. What’s expected for one group should be expected for all.

It had lime green aftermarket wheels. Not my taste, and I’d rather that it had stock wheels, but is clearly modded to the casual observer. There was also a Gallardo with a matte grey paint job or vinyl wrap at the March show, that was really neat, and clearly modified to the casual observer.

Also, I enjoy seeing cars like the Superleggera because, while it may be straight from Lamborghini, it is still basically a modified Gallardo.. (Same as I enjoy seeing the GT500 Mustangs, or a ZR1 Corvette.. it’s the same idea.)

@RADriver 67406 wrote:

It doesn’t make them automotive royalty either, though they seem to act like it.

You ignored the second part of what I said, though. Unless you talk to them, you have no idea. You’re more or less saying that everyone that has a lot of money is a douchebag. I posted a picture of one of the Lambo’s online after attending my first C&C, and my caption said something about how awesome the car was: the owner came across my picture and offered me a ride at the next event. I was pressed for time at the next event and missed the last 2 due to schedule conflicts so I haven’t gotten a chance to take him up on it yet, but I’d say that’s pretty far from acting like ‘automotive royalty.’ That’s not to say that every Ferrari owner there wasn’t an ass, they very well could have been; I’m just saying you can’t classify someone as an elitist jerk just because he/she owns an expensive car. I hate cliche’s and quotes, but that whole ‘you can’t judge a book by it’s cover’ thing comes to mind.

I have a ’92 Miata, with headers, high-flow cat, catback exhaust, lowered, stiffened suspension, and wider wheels with sticky tires. There are some other Miatas that show up and a lot of people that have older Miatas that attend the show. I consider my car to be relatively sporty, and very fun to drive, and it’s also customized. I guarantee no one wants to see my car parked in that lot…

@RADriver 67407 wrote:

Wanna know why we do that? If we don’t, the people at the entrances let in so many cars they park in the lanes in front of us and block us in and we can’t leave until they move their car.

I’ve seen that happen, I’d do the same thing – I have video of a car who was blocked in and decided to leave anyway, trying to pull out between two cars barely half an inch from scraping on either side. So scary.

@Brangeta 67404 wrote:

1B) There needs to be… for lack of a better term… an “interesting” section on the other side of the lot on the front row where the Corvettes currently are. There are some REALLY interesting and unusual non-exotic cars that show up, and they need a better place to park.

That would still be passing judgment on the cars which it sounded like you were against in the rest of your post. Like you said, interesting to one is not interesting to all. Plus, having them all spread out is like motivation to go through the whole lot lololol; it’s always fun when you think you’ve seen everything, and then ‘oh look, it’s a Ford GT.’ And what would you do with those spots if not enough interesting cars show up? (serious question)

@Brangeta 67404 wrote:

2) This has been something people have been whining about for years now. “The event needs to be moved.” No it doesn’t.

Solution: Somebody else, outside of North Dallas/Plano needs to start up their own C&C style event. Hold it on the same weekend. That way the people who live in Ft. Worth, Grapevine, and Southlake can have their own event that isn’t 40+ miles from home, and that will thin down the crowd. Classic BMW’s parking lot is HUGE. Who really wants to walk around a parking lot 2 or 3 times larger? Not me.

I was just asking if that might be why the LA Cars & Coffee didn’t run into that problem.. As far as competing events in Ft. Worth, I don’t want them to steal away cars I would have been able to see just because people were complaining about not having a place to park. 🙂 I would gladly walk around a larger lot if there were cars worth seeing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67405 wrote:

If they show up early and there are spaces available, they deserve them. The early bird gets the worm.

While I may agree with this, that still brings me back to the point where the Mustang section overflows and they go and park in another row INSTEAD of spectator parking. I understand that they are proud of what they have, but is SEVENTY-FOUR spaces enough? It sure isn’t. The Mustang group gets more spaces than anyone, and they STILL want more. When their row is full, they just need to suck it up and go to spectator parking. Who cares if they get offended or upset? They can still walk around and talk to other owners.

@RADriver 67405 wrote:

And again, the point you are failing to understand — if you want a space, GET THERE EARLY. Beat the Mustangs to the punch and your precious exotics will have no problems.

Like I said, some do get there early. But please, REFER TO THE PREVIOUS STATEMENT ABOUT THE MUSTANG SECTION OVERFLOWING. How many times do I have to say it before you finally understand it? It has NOTHING to do with beating the Mustangs there. When is enough Mustangs ENOUGH? Seriously.

@RADriver 67405 wrote:

Neither can you.

@RADriver 67405 wrote:

I don’t and I know many who don’t as well. 90% of stats on Internet message boards are 100% fake.

I never said I was forcing people to not care for Mustangs. I know some do. But if you don’t believe me when I say most people go to see the uncommon and unusual, go read some of the posts posted previously in this thread. Or better yet, here are posts you have never seen, on two forums I visit.

I don’t mind some modern and/or domestic cars. Being inclusive is fine.. but there are too many Mustangs and Camaros, which are a dime a dozen and all over the road. Exotics, classics, and a LIMITED number of modern and or domestic cars.

No bone stock vehicles that are currently produced and available off the lot.

I like going to ********** because the stock late mod cars have not found it yet and no I do not park my 08 Z06 at Cars and Coffee, I get sick of looking at them!

I’d like to see exotics and domestic performance cars but I would limit it to Z06/ZR1 vettes, Vipers(all), ZL1 Camaros, Boss 302, LS, and Shelby Mustangs, not run of the mill Camaros and mustangs and vettes along with the traditional muscle and classic cars. No economy cars.
    I like the race cars that have come out a few times too.

Dallas’ was pretty much a free for all for the first 6 months & then it just got to be too much. It’s still a nice event, & I’m sure plenty of great cars show up, but for every highly modified Camaro/Challenger/Corvette/Mustang, there’s 3 stock/near-stock ones.

It was like going to a Big 3 car lot, if I’m honest.

I stopped going because of the overrun of stock boring cars. If I want to get my fill of trashed out mustangs and camaros, I can just drive to the local Wal-Mart for the daily car show!

And that is why there are more Mustangs..then Vettes, than any other make/model at this GTG each month.

Quality > Quantity

Agreed, perhaps if they just organized it better so that these cars could only be in certain sections, then if the “Mustang” section overflowed then they can’t park anywhere else and have to go to visitors parking then it wouldn’t be like that. Then each automotive models could “police” their own section, so Joe Dirt with his 2005 stock V6 Mustang might not be welcomed anymore because he’s taking up room from a 1970 Boss.

In the beginning, things were sectioned off and cars went to their designated areas. Gatekeepers denied access to the riced out sh!tboxes and minivans that should be in the spectator lots. Now, it seems like anything goes, and the problems with vandalism among other things happen.

However, MOST auto enthusiasts…and the general public, come to a car show to see the unique, unusual, rare, exotic, classic, never-to-rarely-seen-before cars. They DO NOT come to see what they could see walking through a Walmart parking lot or at the local car dealership. BORING!

Just show me “different”…that’s what I came to see!

I’m w/ *****. I go to see what I haven’t seen before. Seeing 20-30, basically stock, run-of-the-mill (NICE, but just too common in the DFW area) cars in a row are not worth getting out of bed for that early on a Saturday for. I don’t care if someone did just wash & wax their car or they have really cool rims, tinted windows, & pin-striping. Good for them…but on a Ford F-150? Please park it in the spectator parking.

Cars and Coffee started off great…for the first few months.
    But when the stockish Mustang, Corvette and 350z clubs starting hogging a lot of the spots..

The reason people go to C&C is because they want to see nice cars. Note that nice doesn’t necessarily correspond with price but something such as a clean looking or unique vehicle. I have only attended C&C once (so I can’t speak with utter confidence in regards to the matter), I had to park past the dealership while non-nice cars where in the show lot. The way I view it is, people attend C&C to see nice cars therefore, if your car isn’t nice (a person can honestly know if it is or isn’t) then please leave that show lot spot open for someone that does have a nice car because that’s what people go to C&C for, to see nice cars. At the end of the day it’s not about having a show lot spot because you want one but because you know other car enthusiasts will enjoy looking at your particular vehicle, whatever it may be.

350z’s…Mustangs, Camaros, Vipers, Vettes or anything else with tasteless/poser modifications…that force themselves into venues like this.
    Those types of cars/owners wouldn’t even attempt to pull into the C&C in Cali.
    Warm and fuzzy politically correct people pleasing sheeple is a huge problem these days. Too bad it has vomitted its way into the car hobby.

There’s the old saying “You can’t polish a terd” and I believe you shouldn’t bring that terd to a car show unless it is specifically for terds.. It does bother me quite a bit when I’m looking for a spot to park my car and there are cars that you could buy off craigslist for $500 that are keeping me from parking my car in the show.. Just my .02

I can’t even fit all of the posts into one post.

Anonymous
    Inactive

More posts…

My arbitrary figure earlier in this thread of $70k minimum and/or significantly modified was a veiled attempt to exclude completely stock C6’s, 350/370Z’s, Boxsters, Mustangs, Camaros, etc. I have a stock (exterior) C6 and I wouldn’t want to go to a car show and look at 25 stock C6’s. It’s just not that exciting. Go to Classic Chevy or Frank Parra instead.

C & C has become pretty boring since all I see are the same blah cars most times…Though there is usually 1 car i want to see, but out of whatever numbers they keep throwing out (600-800) that’s kinda sad…Oh well, I park spectator, I could care less about “showing” my sedan, and I mostly go just to see certain people not even look at half the hoopty whips on the lot…I guess it was nice that the one guy brought his ’11 GT500 so I could look at it…

And hopefully they don’t turn away Lambo’s at the door this time because they’re too full (and then let garbage in).

yeah, last time I went it was more like Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs and Coffee.

hmmm, when was the last time you attended the Dallas c&c? It’s been a few months for me (last fall?) but my previous visit was dominated by stock Mustangs and Camaros. Maybe I should give it another try but doubtful I’ll show my F-car there again…that’s more because of some individuals’ disrespect for the cars and the related experience I had last time.

Remember this: diversity is the spice of life. We all like a little more variety at the show…simple as that.

****, I agree and disagree. Garbage may be a bit harsh, but you gotta admit that what might be someones pride and joy may not be everyone elses.

When I go and I get to the corvettes and I get to about the 10th one that the guy really didnt do much with I get disinterested really quick.

I just want to state that Im not calling a corvette garbage. I do love the car. Just not 100 of them.

Yeah it’s a fine line between letting people have a great time doing what they want, and policing the parking lot for common cars that aren’t modded. I think people should use more discretion themselves and think “By me parking my stock basic car in the show, am I taking the spot from something that others would rather see?” I’ve seen lots of cars in visitors parking that were much nicer than some of the cars that park in the show. Not sure how to fix the problem, but for a free show I think it’s great anyway, and if it stays the same I have no problem with that.

When it first started, it felt to me like the guys at the entrance letting you in were vetting your car (so to speak), but now it seems like virtually anything can drive in if there’s a place to park. I would never diminish someone else’s pride and joy, but I agree that people should have some more common sense or the organizers should allow only X rows for each make so there’s always a little room for when something extremely rare shows up.

Needless to say, I see why most of you guys don’t go to C&C. What used to be a car show has just turned into just a semi-organized Plano parking lot. I see exotics all day long at the grocery store and restaurants. I always drop a few bucks in the donate jugs, so there is that aspect. It was rather sad to see some high end exotic and rare cars turned away. I still remember the asshat in the t-bucket a few months ago that blocked off the entire front row. He kept saying “Oh, there’s a bunch more buckets on their way”. I left around 11:30 and the row still just had his car in it. Waste.

I think you took our comments the wrong way. Nobody here is suggesting that this be an all exotic show. In fact I’d argue the opposite – we want more diversity! I think most of us here appreciate cars of all types. But can you attend this show and tell me with a straight face that it is not dominated by one genre of cars?

I just went through the cars & coffee message forum and it seemed to me that most of the opinions expressed there were consistent with our own views – that is too many modern stock (or what appears to be stock) cars that occupy too much space. One guy even posted a photo showing the lot FULL of Mustangs.

The thing I don’t think they get is that if 25 Italians show up, it’s going to be 10 or 15 different MODELS of cars. Or more. And we’re lumping Ferrari, Maserati, Lambo, and even Alfa into the Italian class.

If 50 Mustangs show up, it’s 50 Mustangs. If they want to compare themselves to Ferrari’s, then they need to use Fords as their comparison. They just don’t understand the variety equation.

Not going. It’s a Mustang-fest now. If I want to see Mustangs, there is a Ford dealer less than 5 minutes away from me.

I like the guy with the Mustang club that is convinced it’s an issue of people not showing up on time. Um, no.

He never mentions that 100 Mustangs is too many.

I don’t mind seeing the shelbys and the new bosses but all the V6 and stock 5.0s, we have to draw a line. Classics are an exception since there’s only a handful.

My concern is simply that to me, (yup, my opinion), I go to car shows to see cars that I can’t or don’t see very often. Exotics are included in that. So are 1970 Boss 302’s, early fuelie Corvettes, original Mini Coopers, and a new Camaro ZL1. I’m not interested in the Scion club, or a V6 1998 Mustang. I see lots of F150’s of all years and sizes, don’t need them at a car show.

I think I’m done trying to take the Ferrari. I arrived at exactly 8:00 and was told there was no parking and got turned away. I even asked specifically about the Italian row but the response was they had a bunch of Mustangs and Chargers arrive and there wasn’t any space, sorry.

I parked in one of the far lots and walked it, nothing I haven’t done before. Imagine how happy I was when I got to the exotic line and there at least 5 spaces available, all in a row at the West end.

The whole thing has turned into a Mustang/Camaro/Corvette zoo and I’m kind of getting jaded. I like to see the rare and unusual, not the common and dull. Car guys are car guys and I understand being proud of what you drive, I’ve always had a car I liked and enjoyed. I also have always understood that my car isn’t always unique or interesting to anyone but me. Hell, I drove a Merkur XR4Ti for 4 years. But a Mustang GT in a sea of other Mustangs just isn’t that interesting.

There were cars in the out of show parking much nicer than some of the cars in the show.

I understand the Crystal Cove C&C (the original) screens at the entrance to only let certain cars in. This would keep the integrity of the show but would not be very popular with some.

That looks a little silly who wants to see mustangs? Isn’t that what the walmart parking lot is for?

Everybody I talk to has gotten tired of seeing boring, stock/minor modified Corvettes & Mustangs.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 218 total)
  • The topic ‘Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?’ is closed to new replies.