Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    morganjackson
    Participant

@rbenigar 67281 wrote:

There’s a thread on ferrarichat full of owners that aren’t coming back for that reason, and I was at an exotic meet in April and more than once heard “i’m done with cars and coffee”.

Sooooo a bunch of stuck up, rich crybabies aren’t coming? Oh well. Just means a few less rich-man toys to have our faces rubbed in while being treated like second-class citizens just because we can’t afford a $100,000 car.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67303 wrote:

Um, no. Out of all of the cars in the Italian row, only one or two are dealer cars.

As opposed to *zero* dealer cars in say… the import section for example.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kbandit 67305 wrote:

I dont agree with the pompass a$$e$with high end cars complaining the cant get a spot because they wanted to get their beauty sleep and drink their over priced starbucks before they come. I also dont want,it rubbed in my face that I am a young car enthusiast of 32 & cant afford a Lingenfelter or lambo. I go to see cars that I like which are everydat factort hot rods and classics. I am tired of the Lambo, Ferrari, Vette, ect supposed high end cars. A car show is for getting ideas fir your ride and being around people with your hobby. And before the vette guys jump in I have had two vettes. One was heavily modified and would have been allowed in but I wanted a more user fruendly car and got turned away,this weejend when I got there before 7:30. Due to this elitist attitude c&c which I havw always been an advocate fir and invited friends from other cities to go to, posted about on other boards, ect left a bad taste in my mouth. I agree first come first serve. You all forget that those with mustangs, camaros, hondas, suburus, ect low end cars are the future of this hobby and without them this will not last.

Well said. One important thing to note is that the domestic crew….while a bit excessive…are generally in the same car club. If you turn people away at 7 when there are spaces available because their car isn’t “cool (expensive) enough,” the event will collapse. If a “Ferrari club” decides not come back, you’ll lose less participants than if the domestic club bails out. Let those who show late get turned away, regardless of what they drive. You snooze, you lose. Simple.

morganjackson
    Participant

@TXGuy 67307 wrote:

Maybe you should consider that the “pompass a$$e$ with the high end cars” get 21 spots reserved for them. 21. Count them yourself.

Perhaps *you* should consider that no one “reserves” spaces for the domestics or imports. They want a spot, they have to drag their butts in at daybreak to make sure they get one. They don’t have their spots leisurely handed to them. I mean really? It’s not enough for high-end car owners that they can afford such cars and can afford all the luxuries they have…they have to have their spaces reserved because they’re too lazy to come early?

Give me a break.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67320 wrote:

As opposed to *zero* dealer cars in say… the import section for example.

Your point?

Having dealers bring out one or two is fine. If it’s where dealer cars make up the entire row, then no it’s not fine. One or two is completely fine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67322 wrote:

they have to have their spaces reserved because they’re too lazy to come early?

It’s not because they’re lazy. It’s because, if they weren’t coned off, the dozens of Mustangs would take those spots; thus leaving no spots for exotic cars. That, in turn, would make alot of spectators unhappy, because I bet you 80% of the spectators at C&C spend most of their time in that section. So, there you go.

olsonraymond
    Participant

@RADriver 67322 wrote:

Perhaps *you* should consider that no one “reserves” spaces for the domestics or imports. They want a spot, they have to drag their butts in at daybreak to make sure they get one. They don’t have their spots leisurely handed to them. I mean really? It’s not enough for high-end car owners that they can afford such cars and can afford all the luxuries they have…they have to have their spaces reserved because they’re too lazy to come early?

Give me a break.

I totally agree, why do they get reserved spots. I thought as car guys which I have been my whole life like everyone else who is on this site were all equal. But apparently the high end guys still think they are better. That is what makes me not want to go. it truely is a form of class warefare and snubbery. We have to wake up way early and get our unreserved spots. And to be honest some of those mustangs like the shelby gt350’s and gt500’s from the 60’s are worth more than your high end exotics.

scodemike

@Kbandit 67327 wrote:

I totally agree, why do they get reserved spots. I thought as car guys which I have been my whole life like everyone else who is on this site were all equal. But apparently the high end guys still think they are better. That is what makes me not want to go. it truely is a form of class warefare and snubbery. We have to wake up way early and get our unreserved spots. And to be honest some of those mustangs like the shelby gt350’s and gt500’s from the 60’s are worth more than your high end exotics.

If you own an expensive exotic car, you don’t want to be forced to park next to a Mazda 3 or an unwashed V6 Mustang due to them possibly dinging your door or not having insurance. You get my point.

olsonraymond
    Participant

@William48 67328 wrote:

If you own an expensive exotic car, you don’t want to be forced to park next to a Mazda 3 or an unwashed V6 Mustang due to them possibly dinging your door or not having insurance. You get my point.

That has to be the single most ignorant and stereotypical comment so I have a mustang gt are you saying I dont have insurance. Because I do. Lets just be honest they dint want the image of their cars to be tarnished due to some of the other cars looking just as good.

olsonraymond
    Participant

@Kevin 67326 wrote:

It’s not because they’re lazy. It’s because, if they weren’t coned off, the dozens of Mustangs would take those spots; thus leaving no spots for exotic cars. That, in turn, would make alot of spectators unhappy, because I bet you 80% of the spectators at C&C spend most of their time in that section. So, there you go.

Honestly most people are in the front watching the cars come in or leave. Also when the are not the are all over.

BimmersGarage
    Participant

Id be more than happy to park my 458 next to a Mazda 3 in the main lot.
    Doesnt really matter where i park as im usually walking around anyhow.

What bothers me is when i get turned to the spectator lot in my 458 only to find i have to park 3 miles away from the actual show. Believe it or not i get more door dings from other high end car owners parking close not paying attention or from their dip**** friends scurrying to get out of the car to remind themselfs they were in a ferrari.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Kbandit 67330 wrote:

Honestly most people are in the front watching the cars come in or leave. Also when the are not the are all over.

Yeah, but that’s later on in the show when more and more people start leaving. Even then the Italian row still gets plenty of spectators.

I don’t think some of you understand the variety equation. When 25 Italian cars show up (Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, sometimes Alfa Romeo), more than one make and model is represented (the row could be 360, FF, Diablo SV, 599, 550, 308, 458, Murcielago, California, 2-3 Gallardos, 430 Scuderia, Alfa 8C, Maserati GT, and a 355). When 25 Mustangs show up, it’s 25 Mustangs. One make and model is represented. And, since those cars are more affordable to the average person, more show up, and when their row is full, do they go to spectator parking? No. They go find somewhere else to park (usually in a row designated for another type of car), and that then puts a limit on how many of another car can show up (say, German cars). That’s how the Mustangs and such “dominate” the show. It’s so boring walking down a row with nothing but Mustangs and modern muscle. Classic Mustangs, on the other hand, I enjoy looking at, but stock V6 Mustangs we see on a daily basis? No.

It’s not just the high-end car owners who are complaining. Several people on another forum who have Mustangs, Camaros, and Japanese cars complain as well. That’s why I, along with dozens of others, have stopped attending. The show is turning into a Mustang/modern muscle fest. Most of the spectators who go there want to see the uncommon and unusual, like the exotics, the classic American cars from the 50s and earlier, old muscle cars, the old VW Buses, the red Yugo that shows up from time to time, the kit cars (like the blue one built on a Corvette chassis), the old Minis, and others. NOT to see stuff that our friends own and use as a daily driver.

WE WANT VARIETY.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67325 wrote:

Your point?

Having dealers bring out one or two is fine. If it’s where dealer cars make up the entire row, then no it’s not fine. One or two is completely fine.

The point is, those who have a problem with their allotted number if spaces should avoid having dealers bring cars before complaining about the number of other types of cars.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67326 wrote:

It is indeed because they are lazy. If they’d get there early enough, they could have 40 or more spaces. But they don’t want to do that. They’d rather complain about the number of reserved spots when they show up at 8.

morganjackson
    Participant

@William48 67328 wrote:

Nice assumption. But since I happen to know th Mazda guys (not necessarily agreeing with their choice of cars mind you), I know they pour as much money into their cars as do the other import owners or even the muscle car guys. Thus, they are just as careful with their doors as someone in a Ferrari.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 218 total)
  • The topic ‘Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?’ is closed to new replies.