Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think one thing Classic needs to do is to have the lot CLOSED until 8am, and not allow ANYBODY in, unless they are there to help with the event.

I mean, people getting there at 6 in the morning? Sheesh. Two hours before the event officially starts. How long will it be before we see “oh, I’m getting to Classic at 3am to get a spot”?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love this show every month and appreciate everyone that puts it on. I do hope that promoters make the decision to encourage quality rather than quantity. Just look at the pics on page 2 of this thread, that looks like a high school parking lot more than a car show. I understand that everyone is proud of what they have and at heart this is a gathering of car enthusiasts, but it is ashame that gradually the number of super cars and collectible cars has definitely declined and will continue to do so if spots are taken up by stock and near stock mainstream cars. There’s a thread on ferrarichat full of owners that aren’t coming back for that reason, and I was at an exotic meet in April and more than once heard “i’m done with cars and coffee”. Before this issue we had saleen s7, bugatti veyron, a real 427 cobra, and many other cars that aren’t coming in now with what the show has become. North Dallas is fortunate to be full of spectacular cars that some other cities never see, it would be ashame if they all stay home and the show is taken over by more average cars.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rbenigar 67281 wrote:

I love this show every month and appreciate everyone that puts it on. I do hope that promoters make the decision to encourage quality rather than quantity. Just look at the pics on page 2 of this thread, that looks like a high school parking lot more than a car show. I understand that everyone is proud of what they have and at heart this is a gathering of car enthusiasts, but it is ashame that gradually the number of super cars and collectible cars has definitely declined and will continue to do so if spots are taken up by stock and near stock mainstream cars. There’s a thread on ferrarichat full of owners that aren’t coming back for that reason, and I was at an exotic meet in April and more than once heard “i’m done with cars and coffee”. Before this issue we had saleen s7, bugatti veyron, a real 427 cobra, and many other cars that aren’t coming in now with what the show has become. North Dallas is fortunate to be full of spectacular cars that some other cities never see, it would be ashame if they all stay home and the show is taken over by more average cars.

You sir, get the award for “Best Post In This Thread”.

I don’t know if I was at this event you speak of (if it’s the one I’m thinking of at a place in Addison…then yes I was), I was one of the ones who stated I wasn’t going to C&C anymore because it’s just too “bland”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Kevin, and before anyone that I offended makes a comment about my avatar pic, the corvette, though it was a lingenfelter, was a daily driver and its not what i bring to the show.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@AtomicZ06 67275 wrote:

With the objective of getting a car “inventory”, how does that work, exactly? All I remember putting on my information card is year, make, and model. Doesn’t C&C care about whether a car is heavily modified or not? I’d think that would be a big consideration for those both attending and spectating. I understand the objective of containing the proliferation of cars, but I’m not quite sure how the process, as described so far, will enable the objective to be met in a good way.

Any answers?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rbenigar 67281 wrote:

I agree there. But, while everyone is freely stating what they WANT, I don’t see enough answers to HOW it gets achieved. Simply asking for year, make, and model information is one way, though woefully inadequate. My suggestion would be to have C&C designate a few folks who would at least evaluate the late model cars. I, for one, love seeing the exotics and classics. But, I also like seeing some of the high-end creatively modified Mustangs, Corvettes, and Camaros, just to name a few. This needs to be solved.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Kevin 67280 wrote:

I think one thing Classic needs to do is to have the lot CLOSED until 8am, and not allow ANYBODY in, unless they are there to help with the event.

I mean, people getting there at 6 in the morning? Sheesh. Two hours before the event officially starts. How long will it be before we see “oh, I’m getting to Classic at 3am to get a spot”?

What? That won’t work. Then you’ll just have people lined up on the access road, which would be a huge pain…and not very safe. You can’t stop people from wanting to be early.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it’s going to come down to the simple question of whether the cars & coffee people want to keep a first come first serve all are welcome policy, or if they are willing to risk offending the charger/challenger/mustang etc crowd by having people at the gate given the discretion to turn away those that they dont feel are “show worthy”. I know which i would choose, and which would make this a quality gathering, but i don’t envy the guy at the gate that would have the arguments with all those he turns away, and the inevitable complaints about how they base their choices. The registration for a lifetime pass seems like a way to choose who gets in without blatantly turning people away, we’ll see how it works. Either way, i’ll be there and be there early and enjoy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@AtomicZ06 67289 wrote:

What? That won’t work. Then you’ll just have people lined up on the access road, which would be a huge pain…and not very safe. You can’t stop people from wanting to be early.

If this were to happen, Classic could have staff at the entrances telling them to wait around until 8, probably in the spectator lot. It’s not turning them away entirely. It’s just saying “we can’t let you in now, but you can come in at 8 when the show officially starts”, and the lot be not full. I don’t think anyone would get mad, since nobody (except staff) would be getting in the lot.

Besides, some of the people who go in convoys could meet up at a nearby place and eat a group breakfast or something while they wait.

Though, to be completely honest and realistic, the chances of Classic doing this are extremely slim.

morganjackson
    Participant

@mrb63083 67271 wrote:

I got there early, as “early” as I always do (7:30), and in the past I NEVER had an issue getting in and finding a spot. Yesterday, I got there early, clearly saw there were plenty of spots open from the service road. I pulled up, and the man at the entrance asked me to go to the spectator lot. I mentioned that I was there early and mentioned the clear and simple fact there were spots open. He said that they need to have room for the more “higher end vehicles”.

I love this car show, so I’m not going to “hate” or complain. However, given the aforementioned, I can’t honestly say I was “happy”.

I’ve witnessed similar car “snobbery.” It’s what I pointed to when I mentioned it was becoming more bout rich guys showing off than about car lovers meeting one another.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67292 wrote:

I’ve witnessed similar car “snobbery.” It’s what I pointed to when I mentioned it was becoming more bout rich guys showing off than about car lovers meeting one another.

^^^ What i would hate to see happen. And, it’s not just about rich guys showing off. Many of those Ferraris and Lambos are dealer cars.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@AtomicZ06 67300 wrote:

Many of those Ferraris and Lambos are dealer cars.

Um, no. Out of all of the cars in the Italian row, only one or two are dealer cars. Usually they are new cars that just got to the dealer, like the Ferrari FF or McLaren MP4-12C. The rest are privately owned cars, and I know some of the owners.

JOHN MARTIN
    Participant

Kevin is correct, very FEW of the cars in the Italian row are dealer cars. And if you want to exclude them, you wouldn’t have been able to see the Aventador or the new Ferrari FF.

And hey Taxman, do I have it correct that you’re miffed because somebody you know got turned away? Really? Wow, you’re a good friend. I’m also curious how many Mustangs we need? I know there are lots of years and lots of models, but how many? Just curious. If it makes you feel any better, I’ve been turned away in my Ferrari at 8:00am. I wasn’t happy about it, want to know why? Because there were still SPACES available in the Italian row. If the lot is full, I’d prefer to be turned away because I don’t really want my car double or triple parked and jammed in as tightly as I can get it. I’ll walk a block, thanks. And my poor old Ferrari is WAY at the bottom of the pecking order among the Italian cars that typically show up. As far as your rented Lambo comment, maybe you should go to the rental lot at DFW airport and count the Mustangs. I’ve rented lots more Mustangs than I have Lambos.

If it makes me a snob that I think the Vettes, Camaros and Mustangs hog the show, then I’m a snob. I like to see other things. I love the original Mini Coopers. I loved seeing the first Cooper Coupe I’d ever seen. I like the Jags and the Aston Martins. I loved the Veyron parked side by side with the Porsche Carrera GT, in matching colors. I like the perfect VW camper vans. I like the blue kit car that the guy made out of a Vette that looks like a race car. I like the 66 TBird convertible and the original Boss 302. I like the green 280Z that was for sale. I like the Ariel Atoms that show up on occassion. I liked the 71 Buick Riviera. There are lots and lots of cars I enjoy seeing, and talking to my kids about. But I avoid the Mustang/Camaro/Vette rows because it’s overkill.

olsonraymond
    Participant

I dont agree with the pompass a$$e$with high end cars complaining the cant get a spot because they wanted to get their beauty sleep and drink their over priced starbucks before they come. I also dont want,it rubbed in my face that I am a young car enthusiast of 32 & cant afford a Lingenfelter or lambo. I go to see cars that I like which are everydat factort hot rods and classics. I am tired of the Lambo, Ferrari, Vette, ect supposed high end cars. A car show is for getting ideas fir your ride and being around people with your hobby. And before the vette guys jump in I have had two vettes. One was heavily modified and would have been allowed in but I wanted a more user fruendly car and got turned away,this weejend when I got there before 7:30. Due to this elitist attitude c&c which I havw always been an advocate fir and invited friends from other cities to go to, posted about on other boards, ect left a bad taste in my mouth. I agree first come first serve. You all forget that those with mustangs, camaros, hondas, suburus, ect low end cars are the future of this hobby and without them this will not last.

JOHN MARTIN
    Participant

@Kbandit 67305 wrote:

I dont agree with the pompass a$$e$with high end cars complaining the cant get a spot because they wanted to get their beauty sleep and drink their over priced starbucks before they come. I also dont want,it rubbed in my face that I am a young car enthusiast of 32 & cant afford a Lingenfelter or lambo. I go to see cars that I like which are everydat factort hot rods and classics. I am tired of the Lambo, Ferrari, Vette, ect supposed high end cars. A car show is for getting ideas fir your ride and being around people with your hobby. And before the vette guys jump in I have had two vettes. One was heavily modified and would have been allowed in but I wanted a more user fruendly car and got turned away,this weejend when I got there before 7:30. Due to this elitist attitude c&c which I havw always been an advocate fir and invited friends from other cities to go to, posted about on other boards, ect left a bad taste in my mouth. I agree first come first serve. You all forget that those with mustangs, camaros, hondas, suburus, ect low end cars are the future of this hobby and without them this will not last.

Maybe you should consider that the “pompass a$$e$ with the high end cars” get 21 spots reserved for them. 21. Count them yourself.

All the rest are for the “mustangs, camaros, hondas, suburus, ect low end cars (that) are the future of this hobby.” And every car guy I know has ALWAYS been a car guy, it has nothing to do with age.

Here’s a link for you to count spaces. The Italian row is the furthest North against the grass. 21 spaces. My guess is your tally for all the other cars is going to be in the 100’s.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Plano,+TX&hl=en&ll=33.066873,-96.823137&spn=0.00116,0.001714&sll=32.891677,-96.947753&sspn=0.133189,0.2005&t=h&hnear=Plano,+Collin,+Texas&z=19

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 218 total)
  • The topic ‘Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?’ is closed to new replies.