Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 66553 wrote:

I think the best solution is a combination of first-come/first-served, marked spaces, *and* number limits after a certain time.

For the most part, I agree with that. Though, the only thing I don’t agree with is having limits after a certain time. I think limits work, but I think after the row is filled, any others who want in the row need to go to spectator parking.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 66637 wrote:

For the most part, I agree with that. Though, the only thing I don’t agree with is having limits after a certain time. I think limits work, but I think after the row is filled, any others who want in the row need to go to spectator parking.

Yes but just because their row is filled doesn’t mean they all will be. But at the same time, they shouldn’t dominate all the remaining free spaces either.

Example: Say there are spaces allocated for 20 domestics, and they’re all filled, but there are 10 “unused” spaces in other sections. 10 more domestics show up along with a couple of classics, a couple of imports, and some other “unique” cars. The free spaces shouldn’t all be filled by domestics, even though there’s more of them. They should be as evenly distributed as possible.

Also, I think communication is key. Know how many spaces there are and don’t over-fill the lot. It really creates a hassle when trying to leave or even when trying to just walk around and take pics. I saw a “bathroom shuttle” driving around in the early hours, but by 9, the rows were so jammed up, even that golf cart had trouble getting through. It’s very troubling when the cars are packed in so tight, people have to slide between them. At one point, I quit walking around and stood by my car to ensure no one scratched it or spilled anything on it while trying to squeeze by.

ESON
    Participant

Eric, I appreciate all the work you and the many volunteers do month to month.

My first exposure to Cars & Coffee was in Southern Cal years ago, and I thought nothing could come close to it. But, I’ve been coming to the Dallas C & C for a few years and have only missed a hand full. The growth has been phenominal and growing pains always hurt. Maybe, folks need to be reminded that the Dallas C & C is the 2nd largest in the nation to So.Cal (the original).

I remember; one month last Summer there were at least a few Hundred Corvettes in the show lot. But, keep in mind; they got there “On Time” and didn’t reserve any parking slots. Where as the Italian Row is coned-off and they show-up WHENEVER they feel like pulling into the event. I am a genuine car guy and love all kinds of cars (old, new, exotic, rat rods, and kit cars). Believe me; you will probably distroy your following and support by turning anymore cars away. The event opens at 8:AM (or 7:AM depending on season), and I usually get there at 6:AM with my 12 year old son. He is the one that suggests that we get there early enough to get a good spot. If a 12 year old is aware of this why aren’t older folks???

I’d like to think that this explosion in popularity doesn’t cause a riff, or dis-interest by car enthusiasts against other car enthusiasts, regardless of the type of vehicle they drive. I read a couple of suggestions that seemed to be a bit elitest (ONLY Classic’s & Exotics would make a small event). Whether your vehicle is a Farrari, Lambo, or Honda with turbo’s; beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and folks buy what they can AFFORD. By the way; very few of us started off our aduldhood driving our Dream Vehicle.

Eric, keep it on track as it is (First Come – First Serve), but consider these suggestions:
    1. Continue to pass-out the Green Info Cards, and ask ALL PARTICIPANTS to come to this website to Register For Future Entrance To Cars & Coffee.
    2. Only allow C & C entrance to those that have registered. (give at least a two month notification starting on May 5th, and have the participants PRINT-OUT their profile page for conformation & entrance).
    3. If this seems a bit much go with the charity fee for entrance ($5.00). My preferance is “Wounded Warrior Project” (since I am one)…
    It’s tax deductible, and just about everyone would feel pleased about giving to a charity at the gate (and they can get their receipt at the tent).

Good Luck.

Tony

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tony, thanks for the suggestions and for your service. My nephew is stationed in afghanistan and I am thankful for his commitment.

Hope to see you on Saturday,

Eric

Anonymous
    Inactive

@moparX2 66947 wrote:

2. Only allow C & C entrance to those that have registered. (give at least a two month notification starting on May 5th, and have the participants PRINT-OUT their profile page for conformation & entrance).

Bad idea if you ask me. That wouldn’t let new people in.

CoffeeHut
    Participant

Exactly part of the attraction to C&C is that anyone can stop by, just get there early enough if it’s your first time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Expect this Saturday’s event to be like all of the others…Get there early. We are still gathering information and will eventually be making slight changes–but nothing to announce right now.

We do ask that everyone that brings a car to the show fill out a registration form—so, we can communicate to you in the future—and to inventory the type of cars that are at the show. There will be registration cards available to you and tables to turn them in and or pick up a card.

A major issue for this event will be spectator parking. Our friends to the north of us have a business event that will take priority to our event–so, we will be using a parking facility a bit further away—we have a few multi-passenger vans that will be marked with “Cars and Coffee” that will be shuttling spectators to and from the additional lot. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Eric

Wilsonh

cars and coffee was founded on FREE entry FREE spectating.. if you charge for entrance even if it goes to charity the event will fall significantly in attendance. IMO…. the true enthusiasts will show early and get their spot.

AtomicZ06
    Participant

Today numerous people who attend CnC regularly were turned away because their cars appeared too stock. The cars had heavily modified engines but appeared stock to you. I’m pretty sure you won’t have this problem next month. If we aren’t welcome, I’m sure somebody that’s rented a Lambo can take the spot of a genuine car enthusiast. Good luck in the future. I doubt I or my club will be attending any more.

71MachOne
    Participant

If youdont get there in time.. then its on you.

I woke up at 5:30 and got my 4 and 2 year old out at 6am to get a spot.

We all know it gets full… if you don’t get there early then its on you.

Do you expect them to hold out other people JUST IN CASE people like you show up late?

I love the way it is… no mess no fuss…. just show up and show your car and check out others….

Once you put rules and regulations on it then fun will leave…

BTW, to rent a lambo for a day is well north of $1200 to $1500… I doubt people spend that cash for a few hours at a car show… cmon get real.

Have fun with your club at hooters if you dont like the way this is set up.

ZeeOne

I got there early, as “early” as I always do (7:30), and in the past I NEVER had an issue getting in and finding a spot. Yesterday, I got there early, clearly saw there were plenty of spots open from the service road. I pulled up, and the man at the entrance asked me to go to the spectator lot. I mentioned that I was there early and mentioned the clear and simple fact there were spots open. He said that they need to have room for the more “higher end vehicles”.

I love this car show, so I’m not going to “hate” or complain. However, given the aforementioned, I can’t honestly say I was “happy”.

The show was already better this month!
    Im sure some people weren’t happy, but it needs to be done. Keep the quality in a quality show.

I look forward to attending once again next month if this keeps up.
    Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

With the objective of getting a car “inventory”, how does that work, exactly? All I remember putting on my information card is year, make, and model. Doesn’t C&C care about whether a car is heavily modified or not? I’d think that would be a big consideration for those both attending and spectating. I understand the objective of containing the proliferation of cars, but I’m not quite sure how the process, as describe so far, will enable the objective to be met in a good way.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Karter01 67274 wrote:

The show was already better this month!
    Im sure some people weren’t happy, but it needs to be done. Keep the quality in a quality show.

I look forward to attending once again next month if this keeps up.
    Thanks

Its the ****iest one I went to this year. Everyone starts leaving at 945. 10% of the lot is not filled because some clown think its a good idea to save the space for the “high end” car that shows up at 1145 while denying entry at 7:05.

@natecydoubleg 67276 wrote:

Its the ****iest one I went to this year. Everyone starts leaving at 945. 10% of the lot is not filled because some clown think its a good idea to save the space for the “high end” car that shows up at 1145 while denying entry at 7:05.

The only complaing I saw was from the people/cars that most people really dont care to see. Sorry you feel this way.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 218 total)
  • The topic ‘Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?’ is closed to new replies.