Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?

Viewing 8 posts - 211 through 218 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    dschultzjaguar
    Participant

@Psycho30 68301 wrote:

As you can see above I dont drive a Ferrari or Old School Hot Rod but its not a junker parking in the lot by any means either. But yet my car along with my fellow enthusiasts that love modern “middle class” performance are getting the boot or having to fight to be there. That’s why im taking it personally. Even if I get in guess what? All the people I talk too, relate too and have things in common with are not being allowed in anymore and being told to go to the spectator side. In the past all the modern performance crowd stuck together, parked together and honestly rarely had to walk far or even cared to go droll over the new exotic that rolled in. If I wanted to see a stock exotic there’s dealerships and automotive shows for that. We were there to “Meet” with each other and talk cars, check out each others mods and have a good time. I don’t go to the show to spectate, I go because I want to attend a car meet and talk to people about the cars I love. If 50 of us are in the spectator lot how exactly am I supposed to strike a conversation about the car they drive walking around? Are you seriously telling me I should go up to ever single person and ask them what they drive and hope they drive the same style of car as me? If I wanted to do that I could go to a bar or heck Walmart for that matter. So yes again me not getting in the main gate or my other enthusiasts not being able to get in does keep me from attending because “I’m not a spectator” I go to the “meet” to “meet” like minded individuals and not stare at droves of cars I could care less about. That’s why there’s a spectator lot (People that don’t drive show/race cars or car to talk hours on end about cars they just want to look and not touch) and the show lot for people like me and many others. Which I think is one of the main issues, us middle class guys usually do our own work to our cars and are generally the most customized cars there by far when it comes to the majority. So we will point, stare, take pictures, ask questions, get instructions, joke and generally discuss cars hours on end with other individuals like us. Again thats what a car meet is about. A car show is what your expecting this to turn into. Park in the spectator lot and look at the pretty cars and go home. Sorry again that’s not what cars and coffee is about and why a huge huge majority of us are taking it personally and so much bad blood is being spilled. The person that goes to look will not have an issue with the change up. The person that wakes up at 6am to get into the main lot so they can park next to there buddies in arms will have an issue with it. Which honestly is how it should be approached. Look in the mirror and ask yourself are you a “Spectator” or a “Car Enthusiasts”. Yes you may drive a Ferrari or any other car for that matter, but did you just buy it because you could and you thought it was a great car or do you go the extra mile, talk to others about your car, mod your car, like helping others with there car and so on. Im sorry but honestly parking your high end car in the show side and walking around for hours not talking to anyone makes you a spectator. You could of easily taken your car to the spectator side and given someone a spot that loves everything about car culture and loves to talk to other individuals. Also it was a general statement not directed at your personally because I dont know your cars for coffee habits. But I do know there’s a lot of people that just park there car and walks off for hours and that’s where the registration part comes in right. If we need you to move your car because we cant find you. If you go to the middle class side of the house and ask hey who owns this car I bet you get a whole lotta people saying heres over there or let me call him. Thats the difference…………

tumblr_m0dp3rS9Fa1r7jd5do3_400.gif

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 68306 wrote:

Ohhhhh so you don’t mind excluding Lambos, Ferraris and Lotuses, etc? Because I see THOSE every day. Often more than just one too.

Jackass.

Just because YOU see them everyday doesn’t mean others do as well. And that doesn’t exclude them from the uncommon and unusual category because ONE person sees them daily, idiot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 68307 wrote:

Really? Then why’d you call someone else a jackass for expressing theirs? You really need to be more consistent.

Jackass.

Why? Because he was being rude about it. I had every damn right to.

allieay
    Participant

@Psycho30 68301 wrote:

Look in the mirror and ask yourself are you a “Spectator” or a “Car Enthusiasts”. Yes you may drive a Ferrari or any other car for that matter, but did you just buy it because you could and you thought it was a great car or do you go the extra mile, talk to others about your car, mod your car, like helping others with there car and so on. Im sorry but honestly parking your high end car in the show side and walking around for hours not talking to anyone makes you a spectator. You could of easily taken your car to the spectator side and given someone a spot that loves everything about car culture and loves to talk to other individuals.

Whoa, whoa… He can’t take his high-class car over to the spectator side! He will have to park next to those pieces of trash! He will automatically get door-dings from some piece of **** Mazda, remember? He’s too high-class to associate his vehicle next to the “filth” of the world in his eyes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I went today. No trouble getting in and no filtering going on. It was a great show as usual. I’m not sure why so many people whine about everyone getting in. That’s part of what makes the show so great.

If you only want to see incredible cars, go to a show like Cooper Aerobic’s Autos in the Park tomorrow and let’s keep C&C the way it is.

It was a smart/great idea to move the exotics to a different location. Now it isn’t such a traffic jam in the old location.

A lot of people were scattered about and not organized even remotely. Half of me was bothered, and the other half was happy to see what surprises would be on each aisle.

Magic
    Participant

Can’t we close this thread? It’s getting a little over the top.

Jeff
    Got there early and had no trouble getting in.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Kronis 68316 wrote:

Whoa, whoa… He can’t take his high-class car over to the spectator side! He will have to park next to those pieces of trash! He will automatically get door-dings from some piece of **** Mazda, remember? He’s too high-class to associate his vehicle next to the “filth” of the world in his eyes.

High-class car?
    2007_gmc_sierra_4x4_crew_cab_26k_miles_red_22980_boulder_-_denver_12318847.jpg
    This is what I drive. A GMC Sierra just like this one. I always park in spectator parking because I know it’s not a show car. And door dings, I could care less about. It’s a daily driver, so of course it’s going to get door dings. I even had to replace the drivers door because an old lady in a Trailblazer t-boned it at a car wash while an employee was cleaning the interior, and it would not shut completely. While you think you are trying to get a point across, all you are actually doing is making yourself look and sound like a f**king idiot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brangeta,

Thanks for your post and positive words. Moving the Super Cars worked out very well. I appreciate you coming out.

Viewing 8 posts - 211 through 218 (of 218 total)
  • The topic ‘Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?’ is closed to new replies.