Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    JOHN MARTIN
    Participant

@Psycho30 68195 wrote:

The way it reads if you have a pass you get in before 8:30

I didn’t read it the way you did. I read it to say that they’ve given up on the passes. They’ll still honor the few they gave out and if you get there before 8:30 they’ll let you in as promised, but it’s otherwise business as usual. I don’t think the ‘doors are closed’ until 8:30 so the liftime pass holders can get in before you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

business as usual…

if you have a pass we will honor it, better get to the show before 830 if you have a pass.

no more passes being issued for now.

eric

expewlypala
    Participant

@TXGuy 68266 wrote:

I didn’t read it the way you did. I read it to say that they’ve given up on the passes. They’ll still honor the few they gave out and if you get there before 8:30 they’ll let you in as promised, but it’s otherwise business as usual. I don’t think the ‘doors are closed’ until 8:30 so the liftime pass holders can get in before you.

Thats part of the issue… Nothing is laid out telling us exactly whats going on. This is the first time I have heard business as usual that was just posted and that still begs to differ with the fact is it business as usual 4 months ago or last months turning swarms of cars away business as usual. So ohhh well, is what it is and that said Im offically done with the event. Im gonna pack it up along with the hundreds of other folks and move on to something new.

Thanks for the memories and thanks even go out to the staff, the countless previous events I have been to were great and loved every moment of them. But with two many what if’s and with the already present swarm of cars being turned away that I generally hang out with and like to see being turned away. Its not worth my time anymore.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cars and Coffee. like everything else needs to have some attention. We meet to discuss ideas that may be implemented to create a better show every month. In the previous months we have read and listened to opinions from our show goers and we have come up with some ideas that have been inconvenient.

We do not do this for a living…this is your show. I provide a parking lot and staff to help the show run easily. (it’s your show, not mine.)

So, my advice is to bring great cars. Do not bring a car that takes up a spot inside the event that forces a great car to park in the spectator parking area.

And come early.

For the time being the passes will be honored until 830…Most likely, the lifetime pass idea is over.

We do wish to know who you are and hope that you will register when you attend the event…There are various reasons such as the need to inform everyone as to changes in event timing because of weather….or changes in regarding dates….or even the need to make contact with you while you are at the site because your car is parked in a fire lane and you are about to get towed—things like that.. You info will never be used by Classic for anything other than notifying about Cars and Coffee issues.

Sincerely,

Eric Maas

One final note is that Cars and Coffee Dallas is the largest Cars and Coffee show in the US. (holding it monthly, instead of weekly is a large reason for it’s size—it does help that the dfw area has a huge number of car fanatics. I appreciate all of you.)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Psycho, you are seriously taking it too personally. Show up, and they may or may not let you in. If they let you in, great. If not, go to spectator parking. You don’t have to worry about your car getting broken in to. If Ferrari and exotic owners feel secure about parking their cars in spectator parking, then you should feel secure as well. You can still talk to other enthusiasts about your car even if your car is not in the show lot. Others do that. As for your camera equipment…get a case or bag, and before each show, decide what you want to use and decide what you’ll leave at home. Alot of photographers do that.

You’re acting like if you can’t get in the lot, you can’t go at all. I’m sorry, but grow up.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 68290 wrote:

You’re acting like if you can’t get in the lot, you can’t go at all. I’m sorry, but grow up.

Well, since it’s blatantly obvious his intentions are not only take pics, but mainly to show off his car, that does mean he can’t go if he doesn’t get in.

I’d wager the same is true for a lot of people who’d rather show off their car than see others’ cars. Spectator parking really kinda makes that impossible. Don’t you think?

dschultzjaguar
    Participant

@William48 67328 wrote:

If you own an expensive exotic car, you don’t want to be forced to park next to a Mazda 3 or an unwashed V6 Mustang due to them possibly dinging your door or not having insurance. You get my point.

I have a Speed3 and it’s insured. After your bull**** ass comment, it would be worth a claim to ding the **** out of your car.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3146[/ATTACH]

allieay
    Participant

I made an account just to post in this thread.

Holy Jesus, it has gotten far worse than it used to be. This is the exact reason why I don’t show up anymore. No, I don’t make six-figures, but I don’t make terrible money either. Some of you I just want to punch you in the mouth. I know Karma will get me, but I hope all you ignorant and stuck-up screwheads who thinks their **** doesn’t stink get all sorts of dings. Who cares? Congratulations, you guys can finance a car. I can too! Can I join your club and hate on the middle-class too? I mean… it makes you feel more dominant, right?

I’d seriously would rather meet 20 Mustang owners than 20 of you self-righteous ****heads. At least the meet would be closer-knit and doesn’t turn into a separation of the classes. This thread started as suggestions and has just turned into a “I feel my car, which I simply financed and bought because I make too much money and need to show people how higher I am than them. I don’t feel I should have to park next to someone just because they make less money than I do yet have more passion about cars than I probably do.”

TL;DR

Stop being so self-righteous. I’ve seen plenty of exotics that I just skip over them now. Get over yourselves. It’s not like your car isn’t MASS-PRODUCED. Learn to appreciate the car, not how many damn digits are in the cost.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 68296 wrote:

I’d wager the same is true for a lot of people who’d rather show off their car than see others’ cars. Spectator parking really kinda makes that impossible. Don’t you think?

I bet a good number of them would still attend the show if they were turned away and told to go to spectator parking. They want to see what’s in the lot. They don’t have to get all mad when they get turned away. And I know several who still walked around when they couldn’t get into the main show lot.

Showing off your car is only half of the event really. The other half is walking around, talking to people and looking at everything else.

Anyway…for tomorrow, is this going to be Cars and Coffee, or Mustangs and Coffee? :rolleyes:

expewlypala
    Participant

@ericmaas 68280 wrote:

We do wish to know who you are and hope that you will register when you attend the event…

That is one thing I would be happy to elaborate on… It might also let yall know where im coming from.

This is who I am and the info you don’t get with a simple name and make of car registration.

Chrysler 300c SRT8
    Show car/Race Car

300SRT8photo8.jpg
    NewUnderhoodShot_edited-1.jpg

Mod list..

The Show:

Phino Swish Rims 22×9’s
    Billet Technology custom engine bay dress up kit
    Color Painted panels in engine bay
    Blacked out radio, shifter panel and steering wheel bezels
    300 shifter plate
    Custom Billet Grille
    Carbon Fiber Pedals
    Color matched Fogs and Side Markers
    De-molded and de-badged exterior
    Custom Black Mesh Front Bumper Backings
    Color Matched ABS Cover
    Custom Strut Covers
    Custom interior trunk lid
    Drake Billet Strut Bolts
    Dynamated Trunk
    Sick Speed Hex Bolt and Aluminum Washer engine bay bolt upgrade
    Strut Brace Color matched
    Daytime Headlight Driving Leds
    Blue engine bay lighting
    Blue, White and Color change interior lighting
    Custom engine bay badges
    Putco Dead Pedal
    IPCW Bermuda Tail lights
    Dales Cuda Shop Stainless Steel Hood Latch
    Rally Stripes on the hood
    East Coast Viynl Werks SRT Decaling (hood, trunk and rear quarter panels)
    Custom painted half covers
    Sick Speed Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
    Carbon Accent top molding stripes
    Engine Accents
    Trunk lid stripe
    Rolled Fenders
    Blacked out top of the windshield
    Black leather and red stitching center console lid
    Flat black Aluminum gas lid

And The Go:

Exatorq Tuning and Performance CMR Street Tune
    Arrington 85mm Throttle body with nitrous injection ports
    Edelbrock nitrous kit (Pushing motor well over 500+ rwhp)
    AFE Stage 2
    AEM Wideband AFR Gauge
    Diablo Predator
    180 Thermostat
    Magnaflow High Flow Mid pipes
    Jeg’s Exhaust
    DC Strut Brace
    Stack Performance Oil/Air Separator
    Eibach Pro Kit Drop
    Eibach Pro Alignment Kit

And lastly one of the things I loved to do at cars and coffee while I was there besides having a custom show car, loving to talk about cars and meeting other individuals that love cars. I also take time to shoot them and show others what cars and coffee is about…

Lambo.jpg
    Yellowf_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_0486copy.jpg
    DSC_0496copy.jpg
    DSC_0443copy.jpg
    DSC_0492copy.jpg
    DSC_0382.jpg

But now this is what cars and coffee is all about to a majority of us…

Spectator45_edited-1.jpg

@Kevin 68290 wrote:

Psycho, you are seriously taking it too personally. Show up, and they may or may not let you in. If they let you in, great. If not, go to spectator parking. You don’t have to worry about your car getting broken in to. If Ferrari and exotic owners feel secure about parking their cars in spectator parking, then you should feel secure as well. You can still talk to other enthusiasts about your car even if your car is not in the show lot. Others do that. As for your camera equipment…get a case or bag, and before each show, decide what you want to use and decide what you’ll leave at home. Alot of photographers do that.

As you can see above I dont drive a Ferrari or Old School Hot Rod but its not a junker parking in the lot by any means either. But yet my car along with my fellow enthusiasts that love modern “middle class” performance are getting the boot or having to fight to be there. That’s why im taking it personally. Even if I get in guess what? All the people I talk too, relate too and have things in common with are not being allowed in anymore and being told to go to the spectator side. In the past all the modern performance crowd stuck together, parked together and honestly rarely had to walk far or even cared to go droll over the new exotic that rolled in. If I wanted to see a stock exotic there’s dealerships and automotive shows for that. We were there to “Meet” with each other and talk cars, check out each others mods and have a good time. I don’t go to the show to spectate, I go because I want to attend a car meet and talk to people about the cars I love. If 50 of us are in the spectator lot how exactly am I supposed to strike a conversation about the car they drive walking around? Are you seriously telling me I should go up to ever single person and ask them what they drive and hope they drive the same style of car as me? If I wanted to do that I could go to a bar or heck Walmart for that matter. So yes again me not getting in the main gate or my other enthusiasts not being able to get in does keep me from attending because “I’m not a spectator” I go to the “meet” to “meet” like minded individuals and not stare at droves of cars I could care less about. That’s why there’s a spectator lot (People that don’t drive show/race cars or car to talk hours on end about cars they just want to look and not touch) and the show lot for people like me and many others. Which I think is one of the main issues, us middle class guys usually do our own work to our cars and are generally the most customized cars there by far when it comes to the majority. So we will point, stare, take pictures, ask questions, get instructions, joke and generally discuss cars hours on end with other individuals like us. Again thats what a car meet is about. A car show is what your expecting this to turn into. Park in the spectator lot and look at the pretty cars and go home. Sorry again that’s not what cars and coffee is about and why a huge huge majority of us are taking it personally and so much bad blood is being spilled. The person that goes to look will not have an issue with the change up. The person that wakes up at 6am to get into the main lot so they can park next to there buddies in arms will have an issue with it. Which honestly is how it should be approached. Look in the mirror and ask yourself are you a “Spectator” or a “Car Enthusiasts”. Yes you may drive a Ferrari or any other car for that matter, but did you just buy it because you could and you thought it was a great car or do you go the extra mile, talk to others about your car, mod your car, like helping others with there car and so on. Im sorry but honestly parking your high end car in the show side and walking around for hours not talking to anyone makes you a spectator. You could of easily taken your car to the spectator side and given someone a spot that loves everything about car culture and loves to talk to other individuals. Also it was a general statement not directed at your personally because I dont know your cars for coffee habits. But I do know there’s a lot of people that just park there car and walks off for hours and that’s where the registration part comes in right. If we need you to move your car because we cant find you. If you go to the middle class side of the house and ask hey who owns this car I bet you get a whole lotta people saying heres over there or let me call him. Thats the difference…………

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Kronis 68298 wrote:

I made an account just to post in this thread.

Holy Jesus, it has gotten far worse than it used to be. This is the exact reason why I don’t show up anymore. No, I don’t make six-figures, but I don’t make terrible money either. Some of you I just want to punch you in the mouth. I know Karma will get me, but I hope all you ignorant and stuck-up screwheads who thinks their **** doesn’t stink get all sorts of dings. Who cares? Congratulations, you guys can finance a car. I can too! Can I join your club and hate on the middle-class too? I mean… it makes you feel more dominant, right?

I’d seriously would rather meet 20 Mustang owners than 20 of you self-righteous ****heads. At least the meet would be closer-knit and doesn’t turn into a separation of the classes. This thread started as suggestions and has just turned into a “I feel my car, which I simply financed and bought because I make too much money and need to show people how higher I am than them. I don’t feel I should have to park next to someone just because they make less money than I do yet have more passion about cars than I probably do.”

TL;DR

Stop being so self-righteous. I’ve seen plenty of exotics that I just skip over them now. Get over yourselves. It’s not like your car isn’t MASS-PRODUCED. Learn to appreciate the car, not how many damn digits are in the cost.

Us “self-righteous ****heads” get tired of showing up to a car show and seeing the lot overrun by cars we see on a daily basis, like modern Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers. I don’t know if you realize this, but the principle of the original Cars and Coffee was to display cars that are uncommon and unusual, not half of the lot being primarily three models of car. Sure, some are okay, but when over half of the lot is primarily those three models? No. That is why Classic has started to filter cars a bit, to prevent this from happening. It’s putting variety back into the show; variety that was present during the first months of the show.

Cost has nothing to do with it. We are in no way “hating on the middle class”. Jackass

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Psycho30 68301 wrote:

As you can see above I dont drive a Ferrari or Old School Hot Rod but its not a junker parking in the lot by any means either. But yet my car along with my fellow enthusiasts that love modern “middle class” performance are getting the boot or having to fight to be there. That’s why im taking it personally. Even if I get in guess what? All the people I talk too, relate too and have things in common with are not being allowed in anymore and being told to go to the spectator side. In the past all the modern performance crowd stuck together, parked together and honestly rarely had to walk far or even cared to go droll over the new exotic that rolled in. If I wanted to see a stock exotic there’s dealerships and automotive shows for that. We were there to “Meet” with each other and talk cars, check out each others mods and have a good time. I don’t go to the show to spectate, I go because I want to attend a car meet and talk to people about the cars I love. If 50 of us are in the spectator lot how exactly am I supposed to strike a conversation about the car they drive walking around? Are you seriously telling me I should go up to ever single person and ask them what they drive and hope they drive the same style of car as me? If I wanted to do that I could go to a bar or heck Walmart for that matter. So yes again me not getting in the main gate or my other enthusiasts not being able to get in does keep me from attending because “I’m not a spectator” I go to the “meet” to “meet” like minded individuals and not stare at droves of cars I could care less about. That’s why there’s a spectator lot (People that don’t drive show/race cars or car to talk hours on end about cars they just want to look and not touch) and the show lot for people like me and many others. Which I think is one of the main issues, us middle class guys usually do our own work to our cars and are generally the most customized cars there by far when it comes to the majority. So we will point, stare, take pictures, ask questions, get instructions, joke and generally discuss cars hours on end with other individuals like us. Again thats what a car meet is about. A car show is what your expecting this to turn into. Park in the spectator lot and look at the pretty cars and go home. Sorry again that’s not what cars and coffee is about and why a huge huge majority of us are taking it personally and so much bad blood is being spilled. The person that goes to look will not have an issue with the change up. The person that wakes up at 6am to get into the main lot so they can park next to there buddies in arms will have an issue with it. Which honestly is how it should be approached. Look in the mirror and ask yourself are you a “Spectator” or a “Car Enthusiasts”. Yes you may drive a Ferrari or any other car for that matter, but did you just buy it because you could and you thought it was a great car or do you go the extra mile, talk to others about your car, mod your car, like helping others with there car and so on. Im sorry but honestly parking your high end car in the show side and walking around for hours not talking to anyone makes you a spectator. You could of easily taken your car to the spectator side and given someone a spot that loves everything about car culture and loves to talk to other individuals. Also it was a general statement not directed at your personally because I dont know your cars for coffee habits. But I do know there’s a lot of people that just park there car and walks off for hours and that’s where the registration part comes in right. If we need you to move your car because we cant find you. If you go to the middle class side of the house and ask hey who owns this car I bet you get a whole lotta people saying heres over there or let me call him. Thats the difference…………

Well…okay then. It’s your opinion, and you have the right to express it.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 68299 wrote:

I bet a good number of them would still attend the show if they were turned away and told to go to spectator parking. They want to see what’s in the lot. They don’t have to get all mad when they get turned away. And I know several who still walked around when they couldn’t get into the main show lot.

Showing off your car is only half of the event really.

Well, clearly not everyone thinks like you do (or hasn’t that been made evident yet?).

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 68303 wrote:

Us “self-righteous ****heads” get tired of showing up to a car show and seeing the lot overrun by cars we see on a daily basis, like modern Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers.

Ohhhhh so you don’t mind excluding Lambos, Ferraris and Lotuses, etc? Because I see THOSE every day. Often more than just one too.

Jackass.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 68304 wrote:

Well…okay then. It’s your opinion, and you have the right to express it.

Really? Then why’d you call someone else a jackass for expressing theirs? You really need to be more consistent.

Jackass.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 218 total)
  • The topic ‘Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?’ is closed to new replies.