Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    expewlypala
    Participant

I think the passes from a few weeks ago would of been from the first go round. The Green Tags they handed out were from that go round and then the last event they had us register at a booth. That first go round, I was told to fill out the green tag and put it in my window, but nothing was given to us to fill them out with or any instructions there after. So I paid no mind to it, then a few weeks later I heard they were for the passes. Then there was the second go round, at which point they let me in again and I registered at the booth with all my info but no word yet. The people I hear are getting or have gotten passes could just be delayed first round passes. Just checking in to see what the word is on it. I was told we would be getting emails with information, but nothing has been sent out yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Psycho30 67911 wrote:

When will know if we have been chosen to be invited back? I’ve heard that a few people have gotten there lifetime passes already.

You shouldn’t word it like that. C&C will never go to an invite-only platform. In my eyes, I think they are just giving other cars a priority by guaranteeing them a spot before 8:30. If my assumption (where lifetime passholders are the only ones allowed in before 8:30, and it’s whatever after that) is true, then the event is still open to anyone.

With the next C&C just under two weeks away, we can expect Eric to release a statement. I won’t be able to attend, but I’m anxious to see what is going to happen. Good luck Eric.

expewlypala
    Participant

@Kevin 67947 wrote:

You shouldn’t word it like that. C&C will never go to an invite-only platform. In my eyes, I think they are just giving other cars a priority by guaranteeing them a spot before 8:30. If my assumption (where lifetime passholders are the only ones allowed in before 8:30, and it’s whatever after that) is true, then the event is still open to anyone.

With the next C&C just under two weeks away, we can expect Eric to release a statement. I won’t be able to attend, but I’m anxious to see what is going to happen. Good luck Eric.

Theoretically the chances of getting in without a pass is going to be pretty bleak… Example say theres 400 spaces available 300 members get a lifetime pass and show up that leaves 100 spaces. Now out of the 500 that used to show up between 7-8, they will now be waiting for 8:30 to hit so they can flood in. Usually by this time the lot is already full anyway and they turn away about 200 or more cars throughout the day so those late arrivals will also be added into the mix. This is going to equal more over crowding on the street, more people cutting others off to try and get in, mroe accidents and so on. Also this is all dependant of the fact that the section you go into isnt already filled by lifetime membership cars. So yes while this is not a 100% invite only platform its pretty much just as bleak as never getting invited back. Also with lifetime memberships they say they wanted varitey, but now its going to be the same old cars sitting there at 8:30 every month time and time again and everyone hoping that the varitey everyone wanted can make it through the crowd and surge of cars after 8:30….

Anonymous
    Inactive

we are trying to make cars and coffee better—but honestly, I think that it’s a pretty good show as it is. the lifetime pass idea at this point is a very, very small group of longtime cars and coffee friends. a system where this becomes an invite only event, is highly unlikely. when we asked people to fill out the cards, we only received about 150 of them with information.

control is good, but this is not what we do as a career—this event is for fun and it needs to stay that way. we will make it a great show, but the show quality depends on those that bring great cars.

expewlypala
    Participant

@ericmaas 67962 wrote:

we are trying to make cars and coffee better—but honestly, I think that it’s a pretty good show as it is. the lifetime pass idea at this point is a very, very small group of longtime cars and coffee friends. a system where this becomes an invite only event, is highly unlikely. when we asked people to fill out the cards, we only received about 150 of them with information.

control is good, but this is not what we do as a career—this event is for fun and it needs to stay that way. we will make it a great show, but the show quality depends on those that bring great cars.

Ok so if im understanding this correctly the green tags were a seperate deal from the lifetime passes. Lifetime passes where only handed out to long time friends, subsuquantly the registration booth that was set up was not for the passes and just used for data gathering? Am I on par?

vdub10golf

@Psycho30 67966 wrote:

Ok so if im understanding this correctly the green tags were a seperate deal from the lifetime passes. Lifetime passes where only handed out to long time friends, subsuquantly the registration booth that was set up was not for the passes and just used for data gathering? Am I on par?

I’m not a longtime friend, would not know Eric Maas if I saw him 5′ from me, don’t attend every single C&C event and even then don’t always bring the same car each time. There have been many times we have been in the spectator lots or came in a daily driver as we had other errands to run and parked in the spectator lot. We simply filled out the green form handed to us when we entered the lot in April. Then turned it in when we left. Received the pass in the mail last week. Another friend that had always wanted to go but never had came with us in April and brought his SMOKING NICE classic and he got a pass. A neighbor got a pass as well and he is not at every C&C and has multiple cars as well and only got one for the car he came in that day and filled out in the info form given out.

Afrank1686
    Participant

I’ve been going to C&C pretty much since it started here, donate to the charity every time, and have rarely missed any of the shows. I submitted my info at both opportunities and did not receive a pass so I guess that obviously means a) I don’t know the right people and b) my little Japanese rally car is just not cool enough. I hope this process works out well for you guys and the monthly charity.

dsnow
    Participant

I’ve been going to C&C since August of 2009. I’ve made almost everyone since.

My suggestion, is that the basic format should remain free and on a first-come first-serve basis. All vehicles should be welcome from exotics to rat rods, to muscle cars and classics, trucks, etc. If there is to be a reserved area or invitation-only area for those that are there to truly “show” their rides, then C&C should prepare a limited access show area where there is an entry fee and possibly awards (such as a donation of the entry fees to the charity in the winner’s name).

The reason for my suggestion is that I’ve always viewed C&C as a “get-together” and not really a “car show”. Car shows typically charge admission fees, have judges and awards, while get-togethers are simply destinations for enthusiasts to gather and talk about their passion. This event just happens to have the bonus of a charity that we can contribute to (and I do every time that I’ve gone). Even though I own a late model Corvette that is only slightly modified, I love my ride and enjoy being able to park it around others that respect vehicles. And, every time I’m standing around my car, someone always musters up a nice compliment for me. I think that true enthusiats enjoy all cars. I enjoy seeing the large groups of cars and car clubs that attend the event.

C&C – I truly hope that you keep the spirit of this great event and not “limit” it. I am a member of a few other forums and this thread is already circulating and creating a negative vibe. I’d hate to see it dissapate.

Afrank1686
    Participant

^^ Well said. After reading the comments here and those from other forums, I think C&C should leave everything as is except for two changes. Direct cars into their designated areas a little better but of course have some flexibility for over flow. Carve out 5 spots in the modern muscle section and reserve them until 10am in the event some truly awesome/unique car(s) show up regardless of make/model. I think most of us can make a spot decision as to whether a car is worthy. Leave the exotic row alone. They already have 20 spots reserved and honestly, if they can’t get there by 9, then they can go park in the spectator lot with all the other late comers. The event does not need more than 20-30 exotics just like how it doesn’t need 50 modern Mustangs.

If the plan is truly to keep the gates closed until 8:30 or whatever except for those with passes, it will be a total cluster f fail.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree! keeping the gates closed till 8:30am will kill this event. Who want’s to sit on the road for an hour or more. Will the Plano Police buy off on this? It will create a big traffic jam in all directions! Not to mention, June is next month! How many cars are going to blow their radiators sitting in line?

My car was getting a new paint job last March/April, and I didn’t see any booth for signing up! I have been coming to C & C for over 4 years! Rain/Shine & Freezing my tail off in January!

keep C&C the way it is.. First in, First to park!

JOHN MARTIN
    Participant

@rasetsu 68012 wrote:

Direct cars into their designated areas a little better but of course have some flexibility for over flow. Carve out 5 spots in the modern muscle section and reserve them until 10am in the event some truly awesome/unique car(s) show up regardless of make/model. I think most of us can make a spot decision as to whether a car is worthy. Leave the exotic row alone. They already have 20 spots reserved and honestly, if they can’t get there by 9, then they can go park in the spectator lot with all the other late comers. The event does not need more than 20-30 exotics just like how it doesn’t need 50 modern Mustangs.

We have a winner! At long last.

Afrank1686
    Participant

@TXGuy 68039 wrote:

We have a winner! At long last.

Thanks. I had really hoped that the main purpose of the information collecting was so the organizers could get a better handle on space allocation instead of using it as an opportunity to grant special treatment, which in my opinion is completely against the spirit of Cars and Coffee. If I wanted someone to be critical of my car, then I would rather invest my time and money in entering real car shows with real judges and real prizes. I stilll have hopes that there will be improvements that are fair to the majority, but this whole special pass thing is not a good sign. Guess we’ll just have to see how things go next week.

Anonymous
    Inactive

None of us with cars older than 15 years are going to want to wait in line. I’d really like it if it’d remain first come, first served. If I show up at 6:30 or 7:00, I’d like to be able to drive in unhindered and not overheated. It’s getting way too complicated.

In the years this has been going on, I’ve probably only missed 6 months, and I have never, ever been to a C&C that didn’t have cool cars worth looking at. Trying to prevent people from getting in is just going to make people not want to come back. The people who make long journeys to Plano won’t want to make the drive if they are relegated to the spectator lot in their freshly washed cool-to-them car.

Afrank1686
    Participant

@MomGoFast 67968 wrote:

I’m not a longtime friend, would not know Eric Maas if I saw him 5′ from me,

You may not know him, but if you are indeed one of the organizers of one of the largest annual shows in the area, then he probably knows you.

BRABUS_E500
    Participant

To help ease the tension, on July 7th I am starting a once a month meet at 500 N. Industrial Blvd, Euless Texas 76039. Our parking lot is big enough to handle about 2000+ cars. All donations received will be going to the students of Euless Trinity High School. I am calling it “Trinty Park and Shine”. Held from 8 am to 12 pm. At the end of each event I will draw an organizations name and that is who will receive the donations raised that day. That organization will be removed from the drawing until all (16 selected groups) have had a chance to be drawn.

This is an event just like C and C. No judging, nor awards given. Come on out if you can!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 218 total)
  • The topic ‘Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?’ is closed to new replies.