Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    expewlypala
    Participant

Kevin, Thank you for the retraction of your statement and the props on my photos. Didn’t want to get inbetween the two of yall but we “being the Dodge/Chrysler folks” are under fire as well.

Also after going to the last event and seeing it was a ghost town due to everything that has taken place, with so many open spots and baron lanes. It just wasn’t the cars and coffee I loved going too. A lot of people getting turned away and many more vowing to never come back because of the issues and changes is not the way to win people over. I truly cant see it benefiting anyone like this. Less cars, less people and an over all mindset that the place we all once loved is discrminating against car makes. During the registration process nothing was asked about modifications or what your car even looked like. It was Name. Email, Club and Make only with a smile we will let you know if you will be invited back. I dont get how this is going to work for anything thats not an exotic or even how its going to be benefical. Example ten stock/none show car owners register and win the golden ticket that leaves 10 full on show cars out in the cold with them showcasing exactly what its is there trying to avoid. So it just doesnt make since what exactly it is there looking for. We are all in this together and I dont see this going in the right direction rather your a exotic owner or a mustang owner. Because plenty of exotics got turned away as well last month…

So honestly in the end we should be fighting for one another instead of against one another.

Afrank1686
    Participant

Well said, Psycho30. Some of the cars I saw there with a lifetime pass, I personally would not have issued to them. I’d much rather see a clean new BOSS 302 or a new Challenger SRT with an old school Shaker hood on it than a 355 Spider desperately in need of a polish and wax. Based on what I saw, there has to be an element of who you know instead of just what you drive.

Like I said before, variety is the key.

expewlypala
    Participant

@rasetsu 67692 wrote:

Well said, Psycho30. Some of the cars I saw there with a lifetime pass, I personally would not have issued to them. I’d much rather see a clean new BOSS 302 or a new Challenger SRT with an old school Shaker hood on it than a 355 Spider desperately in need of a polish and wax. Based on what I saw, there has to be an element of who you know instead of just what you drive.

Thanks and Im with you…

Also there’s even been cars I have never been a fan of but seeing them in person and with modifications I have turned my outlook around. Thats the melting pot aspect I loved about cars and coffee. In the end im a car lover so I appreciate anything but do understand not any car should be allowed in. And thats where the huge misscommunication has coming from. People are not waning stock cars in but vintage and exotics that are stock are allowed in. Then its “Rice” is not allowed in which turned into anything that is the majority shouldnt be allowed in. Then you turn away a stockish looking porsche but allow in a few stock mustangs or turn away cars with thousands under the hood and so on. Its just so pick and choose, in the end no one knows who can show up and who can not. Even cars that cars and coffee wants in meet are seconding guessing themselves over this and saying its not worth the time.

Its exactly that… pick and choose on one side but, on the otherside of the house they don’t even know what to look for in a car to pick and choose. So its just a mess with a ton of upset people.

Shrugs..

If anyone is listening, what are you looking for and what is the game plan? You asked for opinions, but your already rolling out how its going to be here on out… So why even ask us for opinions and have us argue amongst ourselves?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I appreciate the input and we are and always have been interested in making the show better. It’s great to have a passion about cars and the discussion has been very interesting. I know that there will be no way to satisfy everyone, but hopefully we can do some things that keep the show interesting and fun for everyone. No more need to argue, we are listening.

AtomicZ06
    Participant

All the arguing really took this thread in a different direction. Clearly a lot of us disagree. I really hate that it’s such a big issue, because I love going to CnC. I’ve been every month for eight or nine months, but I skipped this last one. I was there when it was raining and cold and I was there when it was 100+ degrees. I didn’t go for the exotics, nor did I go for the Domestics… I went because there were a lot of auto enthusiasts. I could care less about the spectators. It’s nice when they stop at my car and take pictures, but the real enjoyment was talking to other car owners who share my passion for cars. Most of the arguments here sound like they are coming from 16 yr old kids with the Lamborghini posters on the wall. I love the exotic cars too, but I’m more impressed by the people that have spent time restoring or preserving beautiful automobiles. I missed going this month. I suspect Cars and Coffee is going to be different because of the stupid bickering. I don’t want the exotics to leave, but I don’t want to feel unwelcome because some spectators can’t appreciate or sometimes even recognize a show worthy domestic car. I do hope that the organizers can sort it all out and still have this event be true to what it is. Ultimately, I thought CnC was a bring what you drive auto gathering for auto enthusiasts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I have the same assumption that the guy on the NSX forum has, that they let lifetime pass holders in before 8:30, then from that time on anyone can get in. We won’t know for sure until Eric releases a statement.

For now, it’s anyone’s guess.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Psycho30 67684 wrote:

So honestly in the end we should be fighting for one another instead of against one another.

@rasetsu 67692 wrote:

I’d much rather see a clean new BOSS 302 or a new Challenger SRT with an old school Shaker hood on it than a 355 Spider desperately in need of a polish and wax. Based on what I saw, there has to be an element of who you know instead of just what you drive.

@Psycho30 67694 wrote:

Also there’s even been cars I have never been a fan of but seeing them in person and with modifications I have turned my outlook around. Thats the melting pot aspect I loved about cars and coffee. In the end im a car lover so I appreciate anything but do understand not any car should be allowed in. And thats where the huge misscommunication has coming from. People are not waning stock cars in but vintage and exotics that are stock are allowed in. Then its “Rice” is not allowed in which turned into anything that is the majority shouldnt be allowed in. Then you turn away a stockish looking porsche but allow in a few stock mustangs or turn away cars with thousands under the hood and so on. Its just so pick and choose, in the end no one knows who can show up and who can not. Even cars that cars and coffee wants in meet are seconding guessing themselves over this and saying its not worth the time.

Its exactly that… pick and choose on one side but, on the otherside of the house they don’t even know what to look for in a car to pick and choose. So its just a mess with a ton of upset people.

@Taxman 67697 wrote:

I could care less about the spectators. It’s nice when they stop at my car and take pictures, but the real enjoyment was talking to other car owners who share my passion for cars. I love the exotic cars too, but I’m more impressed by the people that have spent time restoring or preserving beautiful automobiles. I don’t want the exotics to leave, but I don’t want to feel unwelcome because some spectators can’t appreciate or sometimes even recognize a show worthy domestic car. I do hope that the organizers can sort it all out and still have this event be true to what it is. Ultimately, I thought CnC was a bring what you drive auto gathering for auto enthusiasts.

Well said. Good points all.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Psycho30 67684 wrote:

During the registration process nothing was asked about modifications or what your car even looked like. It was Name. Email, Club and Make only with a smile we will let you know if you will be invited back. I dont get how this is going to work for anything thats not an exotic or even how its going to be benefical. Example ten stock/none show car owners register and win the golden ticket that leaves 10 full on show cars out in the cold with them showcasing exactly what its is there trying to avoid. So it just doesnt make since what exactly it is there looking for. We are all in this together and I dont see this going in the right direction rather your a exotic owner or a mustang owner. Because plenty of exotics got turned away as well last month…

Something that bothered me about the registration process with those yellow mirror hangers two months ago is that it didn’t ask the year of the vehicle. I brought a Camaro Z28 from a generation/bodystyle that never comes to C&C. I’ve been going to C&C as a participant and spectator ever since the 2nd month it began and have only missed a few months and have switched out cars a few times. In that time, I have only seen 4 other ’93-’97 Camaros show up, and that’s a cumulative amount over the years. Not a rare car to see 10 or 15 years ago, but it’s rare to see a nice one now considering how expensive and difficult it can be to keep them nice and running.

I believe just because my ticket had the word “Camaro” on it led me to not getting a pass mailed to me. I don’t like that.

@Psycho30 67694 wrote:

People are not waning stock cars in but vintage and exotics that are stock are allowed in.

I haven’t figured out what the negativity about “stock” cars is in this topic. It’s a lot harder to keep a car stock than it is to update it with aftermarket parts. Finding new old stock parts is a lot more difficult than new aftermarket parts that look different. I’m a ’90s car fan predominantly as I mentioned earlier, and I enjoy seeing nice condition ’90s sports cars when they are stock… sometimes a little more than modified with the latest off-the-shelf parts ordered online.

Stock late model cars aren’t that interesting, I’ll agree with that. The average person doesn’t have a lot of interest in seeing a 2010 Camaro that looks like every other 2010-current Camaro they see at the grocery store or on the way to work. Not many people want to see a car sitting in the parking lot that they might see several of just commuting about town, myself included (but should they not be allowed to show their car? I don’t know…).

@Psycho30 67694 wrote:

If anyone is listening, what are you looking for and what is the game plan? You asked for opinions, but your already rolling out how its going to be here on out… So why even ask us for opinions and have us argue amongst ourselves?

I’m curious about that too. I don’t want to wake up at 6 and arrive in a clean car next month just to get told I can’t participate.

Many people (especially younger spectators) don’t understand what an ordeal it can be to drive an older car to an event like this. I can only imagine how bothered someone in say… a ’66 Corvette… would be if they made the trip from Irving just to not be allowed to show their car because it’s stock… there’s 3 others similar to it already in the lot… or some other excuse.

@Taxman 67697 wrote:

I really hate that it’s such a big issue, because I love going to CnC. I’ve been every month for eight or nine months, but I skipped this last one. I was there when it was raining and cold and I was there when it was 100+ degrees. I didn’t go for the exotics, nor did I go for the Domestics… I went because there were a lot of auto enthusiasts. I could care less about the spectators. It’s nice when they stop at my car and take pictures, but the real enjoyment was talking to other car owners who share my passion for cars. Most of the arguments here sound like they are coming from 16 yr old kids with the Lamborghini posters on the wall. I love the exotic cars too, but I’m more impressed by the people that have spent time restoring or preserving beautiful automobiles. I missed going this month. I suspect Cars and Coffee is going to be different because of the stupid bickering. I don’t want the exotics to leave, but I don’t want to feel unwelcome because some spectators can’t appreciate or sometimes even recognize a show worthy domestic car. I do hope that the organizers can sort it all out and still have this event be true to what it is. Ultimately, I thought CnC was a bring what you drive auto gathering for auto enthusiasts.

Perfectly said Taxman. I don’t know why this has to be so complicated. I don’t personally care if a bunch of spectators are dissatisfied that C&C doesn’t look like Boardwalk’s Spring Concorso, ItalianCarfest, etc. every month. If you want to see nothing but exotics, those shows are EXCELLENT to visit–I go every year. The entire reason I started going to C&C was that it allowed all kinds of cars. If you want to see a ’93 Mazda RX-7, an Aston Martin Vanquish, a Fisker Karma, a Hemi Cuda, and an old VW bus all in one day, you can. You can’t do that anywhere else.

Some of the cars I have enjoyed seeing MOST at C&C are ones they might potentially not be letting in.

396980_863355935809_474979304_n.jpg

382593_863356579519_18800375_38860519_1063057241_n.jpg

393623_863357113449_18800375_38860532_1395796903_n.jpg

400447_863358061549_18800375_38860540_846569538_n.jpg

402595_884500576779_18800375_38936751_515429678_n.jpg

423102_884502078769_18800375_38936777_1123281008_n.jpg

522946_929054225909_18800375_39136094_308766364_n.jpg

404984_929055528299_18800375_39136124_584824212_n.jpg

221753_729635627379_18800375_37850278_5051087_n.jpg

226383_729635802029_18800375_37850288_4574761_n.jpg

184013_786018251149_18800375_38287044_7925363_n.jpg
    I can’t speak for everyone (and won’t), but I enjoyed seeing these as much or more than seeing exotics.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Brangeta 67763 wrote:

I can’t speak for everyone (and won’t), but I enjoyed seeing these as much or more than seeing exotics.

You’re not alone, apparently. And despite my opponents’ position in this little debate, I’m not alone either…

The following is from an Import forum:

I posted on the C&C forum. Didn’t see anything official yet, just a big argument about Mustangs taking up too much of the lot which is true. But there are a handful of very cool Mustangs that come. I’d rather see a Boss 302 or a SVO than another Gallardo. I have no doubt in my mind that they handed out some of those life time passes to friends/family instead of what they drive.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I guess it would be too confusing to move to Texas Motor Speedway for a day. Maybe rent the track for charity laps, etc. ?
    I wonder if there are bigger venues in the Plano area.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am in Florida and don’t have a dog in this fight……My opinion, and that’s all it is, Come on time and get a space…..come late and get what’s left….I don’t care if you are driving a Beetle or Bugatti….

expewlypala
    Participant

When will know if we have been chosen to be invited back? I’ve heard that a few people have gotten there lifetime passes already.

trox825

@Psycho30 67911 wrote:

When will know if we have been chosen to be invited back? I’ve heard that a few people have gotten there lifetime passes already.

I could be wrong but I believe they have already mailed out the passes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is correct, J-Money, I just received mine.

Thank you very much, Mr. Maas! We appreciate all the time and expense that you, the staff and Classic BMW put into this for us all.

Freie Fahrt für freie Bürger,
    GU-10-TAG

vdub10golf

Received my Life Time Pass in the mail a few weeks ago. Been going to C&C since it started and taking a variety of different cars but never any of our daily drivers (which I see in the lot as “show cars”). Since we took my car to the April show it was it that got the pass. Told my husband he has to take one of his to get his own pass 🙂

Yes, it was a major pain back in April sitting in that long line to get into the lot. Got there very early and it was a long line and in an old classic it is not easy. She didn’t like idling that much. And for the person that asked, my pass is for a Camaro. So the Camaro’s are getting them 🙂

As for that earlier debate on the whole Mustangs, modified, exotics etc…………… There are a great number of exotic owners that also have American Muscle in their garage. A true car person can respect all cars (I should say almost all, heehee) be it an exotic or great American Muscle or awesome German engineering. No, I may not want to own a 55 Chevy and the 50’s may not be my cup of tea……. But golly, I’ve got a ton of respect for the guy (or girl) that has one and pours their heart and soul into it and keeps it running and going. Mustangs are not my cup of tea either but there is one sitting in our stable. Granted she is a classic and not one you would see on the street even once a week. I can still respect it and didn’t cuss my husband out too much when he told me he bought it 😉

Just my .02

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 218 total)
  • The topic ‘Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?’ is closed to new replies.