Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67569 wrote:

How can I read something that wasn’t posted? Never did you mention you didn’t go in February.

No, but I never said I did either. I said when *I* went, and you countered with an example of one that *you* went to.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67570 wrote:

And you know who that 50% is? Domestic owners themselves.

And my own map? Yeah, I may have made it in Paint, but it’s an accurate map, and it actually shows the sections which you don’t think exist. You think it’s made up because you think it’s a free-for-all.

I “think” it’s a free-for-all because that’s the reality, kiddo. That’s what happens every month. (If it weren’t, what would you be here crying about?)

Here’s the undeniable truth: (you paying attention?)

Look back at your own map. Assume they did exactly what you wanted, and that caused all the domestics to stop coming…it’s possible some of the classics would follow suit, possibly being in similar clubs old/new. Now what you’re left with would be about 30 to 40 percent of what’s there now.

The event can lose “21 exotics” and still have tons of cars and make tons of money for the charity (let’s remember what the event is really for). The event cannot lose 200 domestics and who knows how many other makes. The event would collapse. Because in that instance, there’d be too few cars to worry about and only a small group of people would show up.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67571 wrote:

I read what you post, but all of your points are invalid. Again, it sucks to be part of the 1 percent, doesn’t it? I’m not full of sh*t. If anyone is, it’s you.

Oh no, it’s you. Psycho showed that…the reality of what happens at the event each month shows that….and your continued tantrum-throwing and name-calling shows it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67572 wrote:

Actually, no. You proved my point for me, it was *you* that said you wanted to see cars at C&C that you couldn’t see outside the local Walmart. That was your statement, not mine. The photos you took proved that the ones at C&C are not the ones you see outside Walmart. They are highly customized show cars. You’re hilarious because you proved my point for me and still can’t grasp it.

Yeah…some may be customized, and I can see that. But a good number of them are just like any old Mustang you can see at Walmart. I’m not proving your point. And you’re making yourself look like a f**king idiot because you think I am.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67574 wrote:

I “think” it’s a free-for-all because that’s the reality, kiddo. That’s what happens every month.

It most certainly is not the reality. Again, people have agreed with me because they know how the layout is. You obviously don’t.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67576 wrote:

Yeah…some may be customized, and I can see that. But a good number of them are just like any old Mustang you can see at Walmart. I’m not proving your point. And you’re making yourself look like a f**king idiot because you think I am.

You already did prove it. Sooner or later you might comprehend that, but I’m not holding my breath. I’m still grinning after you got put in your place by Psycho’s photos and had to eat your words.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67577 wrote:

It most certainly is not the reality. Again, people have agreed with me because they know how the layout is. You obviously don’t.

Kiddo, if it’s not the reality….then what fairy tale are you crying about? Either the domestics take up too much room (as you claim), or they don’t and you’re complaining for no reason. Which is it? Do you have something to cry about or don’t you? If you do have something to cry about, that means the *reality* of what happens each month is different from what you’d like it to be.

You really aren’t big on logic, are you?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67574 wrote:

The event can lose “21 exotics” and still have tons of cars and make tons of money for the charity (let’s remember what the event is really for). The event cannot lose 200 domestics and who knows how many other makes. The event would collapse. Because in that instance, there’d be too few cars to worry about and only a small group of people would show up.

The event can lose 21 exotics? If that happened, car owners wouldn’t come to display their cars, because they (like the majority of people who go to this) want to see those exotics and other unusual stuff. That in turn would cause spectators to decline. Then, you have one big lot full of domestics. At that point, the only people who will be at that show are those domestic owners. After that, those owners will slowly disperse to different places (Chevy owners to one place, Mustang owners to another) because they want to be “exclusive” and go to a place where only their cars are present; not having 3 makes of car in one lot. Then, you’ll just have an empty lot with Classic’s inventory.

If 200 domestics left the show, most people would be happy. Why? Because they overrun the show as it is. Face it, people don’t want to see the same cars on every single aisle; the only thing changing is the color, or rims, or whatever. Like I and many others have stated, we go to Cars and Coffee to see UNCOMMON and UNUSUAL. Not 3-4 whole rows of the same car. I don’t know if you know, but the spectator numbers are already declining rapidly because of that. I even showed you proof, which you still denied.

The “undeniable” has been denied. I’m sorry that 99 percent of people have this same view. Again, sucks to be part of the 1 percent doesn’t it?

Like rasetsu said:

The less variety, the less spectators there will be and the less money will be raised for the charity of the month. It is the best interest of nearly all to have as much variety as possible.

It seems you can’t face the truth.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@RADriver 67579 wrote:

Kiddo, if it’s not the reality….then what fairy tale are you crying about? Either the domestics take up too much room (as you claim), or they don’t and you’re complaining for no reason. Which is it? Do you have something to cry about or don’t you? If you do have something to cry about, that means the *reality* of what happens each month is different from what you’d like it to be.

You really aren’t big on logic, are you?

Fairy tale? Really? Are you gay or something? I think you are based on that choice of words.

Domestics take up too much room. But you don’t f**king realize it. You ask anybody who goes to this (don’t ask your friends – they’re probably just as stupid as you, if not stupider). They will tell you the exact same thing, both about sections, and domestics taking up too much room. There is proof, from those 35 posts I posted, previous posts by others in this thread, and posts on other forums. Jesus f**king Christ.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67580 wrote:

The event can lose 21 exotics? If that happened, car owners wouldn’t come to display their cars, because they (like the majority of people who go to this) want to see those exotics and other unusual stuff. That in turn would cause spectators to decline. Then, you have one big lot full of domestics. At that point, the only people who will be at that show are those domestic owners. After that, those owners will slowly disperse to different places (Chevy owners to one place, Mustang owners to another) because they want to be “exclusive” and go to a place where only their cars are present; not having 3 makes of car in one lot. Then, you’ll just have an empty lot with Classic’s inventory.

If 200 domestics left the show, most people would be happy. Why? Because they overrun the show as it is. Face it, people don’t want to see the same cars on every single aisle; the only thing changing is the color, or rims, or whatever. Like I and many others have stated, we go to Cars and Coffee to see UNCOMMON and UNUSUAL. Not 3-4 whole rows of the same car. I don’t know if you know, but the spectator numbers are already declining rapidly because of that. I even showed you proof, which you still denied.

The “undeniable” has been denied. I’m sorry that 99 percent of people have this same view. Again, sucks to be part of the 1 percent doesn’t it?

Like rasetsu said:

It seems you can’t face the truth.

You’re the one reaching for fantasy land, not me.

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67581 wrote:

Fairy tale? Really? Are you gay or something? I think you are based on that choice of words.

LoL As if that has any bearing on your incompetence. Why do you want to know if I’m gay? Do I turn you on? You want to **** me, don’t you?

You’re the fairytale follower here, that’d make you the gay one, twinkles.

@Kevin 67581 wrote:

Domestics take up too much room. But you don’t f**king realize it.

Room they couldn’t possibly take up if the spaces were already filled. Which is what you’re too stupid to realize.

@Kevin 67581 wrote:

You ask anybody who goes to this (don’t ask your friends – they’re probably just as stupid as you, if not stupider). They will tell you the exact same thing, both about sections, and domestics taking up too much room. There is proof, from those 35 posts I posted, previous posts by others in this thread, and posts on other forums. Jesus f**king Christ.

And yet you deny the one truth I have repeatedly stated. You can’t take up room that’s not available. Let me know when that sinks into your thick, cromagnon-style, gay-loving skull, ok tinkerbell?

gttsome
    Participant

This thread has become so far from constructive it’s not even funny anymore. We get it, you both disagree. Neither of you is going to change your minds. Now either meet in person and duke it out like men, or switch to PM’s, this is making me embarrassed for car enthusiasts everywhere.

Anonymous
    Inactive

RADriver, I’m sorry…but if anyone is following a “fairytale”, it is indeed you. There’s this awesome website called Google…you should use it sometime. You type in words in this textbar, and hit search, and it brings up websites containing those words. Look up something like “cars and coffee dallas mustangs”, and you’ll find lots of people on different forums complaining about this same issue; about how domestics get too much space. It’s not just the (as you put it) “elitist douchebag pricks” who own high end cars that are complaining. I found people on DFW Miata, MyIS, North American Subaru Impreza Club TX Region, and NSX Prime, just to name a few.

And the green cards that were given out at April’s event? Those are for lifetime passes. Read this post from somebody on NSX Prime who got one.

Last night when I picked mine up in person, they didn’t go into detail about exactly how the passes would be used to regulate the cars at the show, except to say that they do guarantee you a spot if you arrive before 8:30am.

I asked what happens if everyone shows up before 8:30a?

That’s when I was told that while whole process will take some time to smooth out and fully put into into place, but that they are only issuing passes to “certain cars”. 😉

I assume that to mean they are not only counting the number of spaces available, then keeping track and only issuing a set number of passes, but also deciding what a show-worthy car is…or is not.

So….Got a Prius/Sentra/Corolla/stock Mustang/base new Camero? (said in best “Soup Nazi” voice) = “NO PASS FOR YOU!”

My guess is: they’ll let only those with a parking pass in up until 8:30am…AFTER that, it’s open gates & open season until the lot fills up.

Not a bad plan…let’s see how it goes.

I think that’s enough proof that Classic is going to start filtering cars; to have somebody from Classic tell them that they were giving passes to certain cars…there’s no denying it now buddy! Our voices have been heard, and the majority of us wanted variety. Classic BMW listened to us, and has started to learn from the original Crystal Cove gathering.

I rest my case. /flame war

morganjackson
    Participant

@Kevin 67601 wrote:

RADriver, I’m sorry…but if anyone is following a “fairytale”, it is indeed you.

Your comprehension level is so low it’s ridiculous.

Oh…and as for those passes…I got one too. Guess my car’s worthy after all…despite not spending $100K on my car.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@p4R4d0x 67597 wrote:

This thread has become so far from constructive it’s not even funny anymore. We get it, you both disagree. Neither of you is going to change your minds. Now either meet in person and duke it out like men, or switch to PM’s, this is making me embarrassed for car enthusiasts everywhere.

I agree. I didn’t expect to see 5 pages of bickering between just two people when I came back to check this topic this week.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 218 total)
  • The topic ‘Really need your honest opinion…What do you like/dislike about the dallas show?’ is closed to new replies.