Question regarding speeding on the service road next to the car show

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JLW
    Participant

Okay, so I’m sure this has been covered already, but I am new here and new to the whole cars and coffee meet so I’m not certain on this, and I will sound stupid asking this. A couple people told me that on the road right next to the BMW dealer, where the meet takes place, you can speed for a little bit where the “audience” sits on the sidewalk. I’ve seen cars do that, with no cop trouble. Now when I did, I was pulled over and got a citation. That same day, before I was pulled over, 2 other cars did the same thing at the same place but they actually went faster but were not pulled over, even though there was a cop that could clearly see. Can anyone confirm that you are allowed to speed on that service road? I mean I see people doing quick accelerations to 45 but I saw some going over that. the police officer actually told me that there was a sign that said you could go over 15 MPH over the speed limit for the car show, which is 45. So that means I could have gone tops 60 MPH, and I only went 58 MPH according to the slip of paper the officer gave to me. I did search the forum and all I found were posts saying you have to follow the speed limit, and yet the police told me I could go 15 MPH over cause a sign said that? So yeah, would anyone be able to help me out on this? Because I am confused about it all. If this has been posted and answered already, could someone maybe post a link to it? All help is appreciated, thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think what the cop told you helps the cops rip people off more. They say “you can go 15 over” and you’re like “okay cool”. Well, when you actually do that….guess what happens?

Also, I have not seen said sign anywhere near the exits. Just the “no burnouts” sign. So, your solution is simple: don’t speed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Accelerating quickly on the service road, without squealing the tires, seems to be acceptable as long as you don’t go over the speed limit. Cars are stopped only for peeling out and exceeding the speed limit.

If you want to accelerate beyond the speed limit, then you will need to take the Tollway entrance ramp.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Or you could just obey the laws and not screw things up for everyone else. We all know you have a fast car, no need to prove otherwise…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Dallas’ is closed to new topics and replies.