Picture suggestion?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just a suggestion.. maybe we should limit it to 2-3 photos per post. You can post as many times as you want, but if you try to have a conversation you don’t have to wait for all the pics to load because they’d be divided on other pages..

what do you think?

Anonymous
    CurtC;2128 wrote:
    Just a suggestion.. maybe we should limit it to 2-3 photos per post. You can post as many times as you want, but if you try to have a conversation you don’t have to wait for all the pics to load because they’d be divided on other pages..

what do you think?

Curt i for one think that is a wonderful idea. I actually would go a step further and putting a soft limit on the number of pictures per person for the weekly threads. Put just your favorites and if it was a really good week maybe its a few more than the limit but its hard to look at all of the hundreds of pictures that get posted for me at least!

Anonymous

Or different threads for each photog ie

C&C 1-23-08 pics by sideache

Anonymous
    Inactive

either way, but i’ve realized that i’ve stopped reading many of the picture threads because i have to continually scroll down to get to the messages.

ps: cliff, they gave you a smilie :pirate:

Anonymous

I’ll have to grow my beard back.

Anonymous

I enjoy seeing all the pictures.

If you don’t want to scroll too far, have you tried to hit the stop button on your browser?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yea, you could just push stop.

But if you want a moderator could make dedicated threads every weeks.

C&C 3-1-08 Pictures
    C&C 3-1-08 Discussion

I guess..

Anonymous

Isn’t the weekly experience section the discussion place anyway

Anonymous
    Inactive

i just meant to discuss the pictures, not the cars. Up to you guys

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Max;2161 wrote:
    Limit the pics and you limit the variety

I now have a series of macro’s that automate the picture posts to 16 different forums

The most limiting forum that I post to has a 150 picture limit – and that is therefore my target when we distill the shots down – most times we manage it – sometimes it breaks the macro and I am back to manual posting.

Many times we get different angles, miss cars that where there and manage to get all sorts of different shots.

Here is a suggestion.

Setup a gallery here on this site, give the ‘trusted’ photographers upload ability and ensure that we all agree to time-sync our cameras to something close to standard time.

Then ensure that the gallery for the week is displayed in EXIF date/taken ascending order.

Essentially we would then have a couple of thousand images each week to talk about and/or ignore taken and displayed in psuedo real time.

I actually think that everyone dumping their images in the same thread each week is dump though, lets agree at the moment to start a new thread for each one 🙂

not trying to limit the max number of pics.. but it’ll spread the pictures over more pages if you only put a few per post. photography forums that i belong to limit max number of pictures to 2 with links for the rest. non photography = ~8-12

anyway, i’m not pushing for one way or another. 1 thread per photographer or a few per post, or whatever doesn’t really matter. i’ve just found myself not going through the photos anymore (which is a shame)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I honestly have no idea why you’re suggesting that I’m imposing rules. I also wasn’t trying to target you, however, I realized that it was really 1 person who posted the majority when you seemed so outraged by my suggestion. My original suggestion was to break it into a few pictures per post so it would break up the photos over multiple pages. 150 pictures take 1.5-2 minutes to load on a cable modem (whether this is serverside or clientside i have no idea)

150 pictures @ 5 pictures/post = 30 posts or ~3 pages. This would bring loading time down to ~30 seconds per page via cable moden to your picture server.

I never said that you shouldn’t post 150 pictures.. I’m just trying to get some sort of pagebreaking going on so everyone can enjoy all the pictures.

I don’t really know what to say about the blinking fail icon on top so I’ll post the first picture I thought about when I read it 😉

Clark_Airshow_080112_446.jpg

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Irvine Pictures and Video’ is closed to new topics and replies.