Photographer from Denver visiting the Irvine show….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Irvine C+C’ers!

I’m planning on flying out to San Diego for the Miramar Airshow the first weekend in October, and want to visit the Irvine show that Saturday. From what i’ve seen here, you guys put on one heck of a show and I’d love to come out and shoot some great cars. If someone could give me an address for my GPS or even just the cross streets, and some tips on what time the cars arrive I would really appreciate it. If there are other shows that weekend in the San Diego / LA area I would probably attend them as well.

Some of my photos from our show can be found here:
    http://forum.carsandcoffee.info/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff
    (Behind the Lens)

Anonymous

Hello Jeff,

Here are brief directions to the Irvine C&C, also called the PAG (Pacific Auto Group) event. It is held on the Ford West Coast Divisional headquarters site and next to the Mazda building. Your camera will get a workout! Have fun.

Steve

Address: 7905 Gateway Blvd., Irvine
    Note: The show lot is held at the north end of the parking lot. The south end is for spectator parking. You can either walk around the front along Gateway or at the rear along the freeway. Both lots are connected by a driveway that runs along the freeway.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Many thanks Steve.thumbup

Anonymous

…as for the time, it’s full by 7am each time I go and many leave by 8am. This time of year I’m sure the first cars turn up when it’s still dark!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jeff,
    Shame you are not in San Diego a week earlier (the start of Fleet Week). That weekend is Coronado Speed Week. Vintage car racing, car show, etc. on the base. I have attended that last few years, it is a real hoot, especially the Vintage late sixties Trans Am race.

Air Show is fun too. Safe travels.
    PhillyFan

Anonymous
    Inactive

it’s also the weekend of the german autofest in ventura – i think most of the porsche guys will be up there

Anonymous
    Inactive

@PhillyFan 33089 wrote:

Jeff,
    Shame you are not in San Diego a week earlier (the start of Fleet Week).

Just my luck! It’s been so long since I lived there I forgot all the good stuff that happens around that time.

Thanks for all the feed back everyone!

Jeff

Anonymous

Hey Jeff,

Here is the best online guide to local CA car shows. In CA there are usually 10 car shows going on somewhere every weekend day and at least the same cruise ins on weeknights.

http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html

Looks like another local car show, the 5th Annual Japanese Classic Car Show – Hidden Valley Park – 9AM – 3PM – will be in Irvine that day so you can hit that one real easy from CC.
    http://www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com/index.htm

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.