Parking in the Main Lot

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Raguesque

@Z_Girl 75226 wrote:

I’m part of a 370z group that goes out to C&C and other events together all the time. We were there at C&C Irvine on the 2-9 with over 10 Z’s and had great time

Can someone please advise if the rules for parking have changed??
    Thanks,
    Z_Girl

Hi, Z-girl and C&C Irvine enthusiasts– YES, rules have now at last been updated and changed to keep the experience at topmost levels.
    Of course, it may take some adjustment. Some cars will always avoid easy categorization. However, as we learned long ago at C&C
    Crystal Cove, some regulation other than first-arrival is desirable. John and the other volunteers and the hosts are responding to many
    requests by long-term fans (and others) to prioritize the main lot for the most interesting of cars. NOT true that cost is any factor, but IS
    true that some preferences were listed today on hand-out. Amongst those:
    –NO commercial /sale displays, NO dealer displays, NO solicitations [APPLAUSE]
    –Preferences are stated for the main lot, highest and lowest. The former preferences will be for
    Cars 1999 and older (oldest in preference to most recent)
    Sports Cars, Classics, Exotics, Hot Rods
    Nostalgic/humorous/unusual
    Cars not regularly seen on the roads
    Lowest preferences down the line:
    Four-door cars of 21st century (2000 or newer) are less preferred
    Electric/Hybrid cars of any make
    Trucks, Vans, Wagons, SUVs

All that said–enthusiasts always welcome here!! Bring the most interesting car you have/know to get in main lot, but a short walk
    from the parking structure won’t hurt anyone if bringing something else. Our HOSTS are most considerate, and we should always
    be grateful guests. See you there!!

– – – Updated – – –

@Z_Girl 75226 wrote:

I’m part of a 370z group that goes out to C&C and other events together all the time. We were there at C&C Irvine on the 2-9 with over 10 Z’s and had great time

Can someone please advise if the rules for parking have changed??
    Thanks,
    Z_Girl

Hi, Z-girl and C&C Irvine enthusiasts– YES, rules have now at last been updated and changed to keep the experience at topmost levels.
    Of course, it may take some adjustment. Some cars will always avoid easy categorization. However, as we learned long ago at C&C
    Crystal Cove, some regulation other than first-arrival is desirable. John and the other volunteers and the hosts are responding to many
    requests by long-term fans (and others) to prioritize the main lot for the most interesting of cars. NOT true that cost is any factor, but IS
    true that some preferences were listed today on hand-out. Amongst those:
    –NO commercial /sale displays, NO dealer displays, NO solicitations [APPLAUSE]
    –Preferences are stated for the main lot, highest and lowest. The former preferences will be for
    Cars 1999 and older (oldest in preference to most recent)
    Sports Cars, Classics, Exotics, Hot Rods
    Nostalgic/humorous/unusual
    Cars not regularly seen on the roads
    Lowest preferences down the line:
    Four-door cars of 21st century (2000 or newer) are less preferred
    Electric/Hybrid cars of any make
    Trucks, Vans, Wagons, SUVs

All that said–enthusiasts always welcome here!! Bring the most interesting car you have/know to get in main lot, but a short walk
    from the parking structure won’t hurt anyone if bringing something else. Our HOSTS are most considerate, and we should always
    be grateful guests. See you there!!

enterydridwic
    Participant

could the enforcement of the rules be fair? you don’t allow late model cars in to the event, thats fine. don’t allow the mini coopers, smart cars for sale, or any of the other stuff that comes in. its a hard pill to swallow when you drive from san diego to go into the event get told you can’t park inside then you see that stuff there. you walk around and talk to the owners of the late model cars and they are all older men and women and all the younger people with cars that they have poured their hearts and souls into are not up your standards. i understand the other 6 day a week rule, just be fair about it. you may not be able to tell that the subaru you turned away was 1 of 300 made or because the prius has 4 exhaust tips that makes it unique.

Have you guys seen that http://www.carsandcoffeefails.com is policing the show and posting cars that violate the new rules?

benzjed
    Participant

@FitchedS 80996 wrote:

Have you guys seen that http://www.carsandcoffeefails.com is policing the show and posting cars that violate the new rules?

Yep. Good for them. People are getting way too comfortable with the informal atmosphere and ruining it.

Anonymous

@FitchedS 80996 wrote:

Some of the posts seem a little harsh.

benzjed
    Participant

@scsponger31 81084 wrote:

Some of the posts seem a little harsh.

It is what it is. Sometimes that is what you have to resort to when people do not respond to you being nice about it.thumbuphellosmilethumbsdown

Anonymous

@Notorious 81086 wrote:

It is what it is. Sometimes that is what you have to resort to when people do not respond to you being nice about it.thumbuphellosmilethumbsdown

I don’t disagree with the overall message. I too have been frustrated while after waiting in line to get into the main lot only to see that there are several cars that I would not personally think should be there. I just think it can be done with a little more tact.
    At the end of the day, I always have a good time while I am at the event.

Flummaviamn
    Participant

Can someone please direct me to the parking structure? The directions map on this website does not point it out or indicate it. That’s all I need. Thanks in advance.

benzjed
    Participant

@StangDawg 81216 wrote:

Can someone please direct me to the parking structure? The directions map on this website does not point it out or indicate it. That’s all I need. Thanks in advance.

It’s about half a block away from the main entrance. Can’t miss it.

Flummaviamn
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I got in touch with a friend on moddedmustangs.com and he told me it’s the parking structure to the right of the Taco Bell corporate building. Can’t wait to go to this event for the first time. Gonna take my 13 year old grandson on the following Saturday. I know he’s gonna love it. Thanks again.

benzjed
    Participant

Yeah, it’s like 8 stories tall and they will have signs up directing you to spectator parking. It’s like the only tall building in the immediate area within walking distance to the show.

So… Based on all of the rules and comments here… I should be parking in the main lot?

2014 S5 – White with blacked out everything else.

For every 30 BMW’s I see (the Honda of OC) I see one Audi. And for every 30 Audi, 5ish might be S line? And of those 5, one might be a 2 door?

Yes, i’m being silly here, but these “rules” aren’t enforced properly as proved by the constant complaining of everyone with unique rides being directed away from main lot while people with stupid mustangs and other generic mass produced commons are lined up

gxpjimmy
    Participant

you should be parking in the structure. :p

honestly, it depends on what’s already in the lot and what the organizers feel should be in there. they are looking for more exotics and classics than anything else. is that arbitrary? perhaps, but it’s due to their efforts that this whole thing wasn’t shut down a few years ago when the cars were forced out of crystal cove.

whenever i go, i don’t care if i’m in the lot or not. i go to see the cars, meet some new people, and hang out. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.