Parking in the Main Lot

This topic contains 72 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Zanardi1782 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #134516

    benzjed
    Participant

    @dmark101 75323 wrote:

    there is NOTHING that makes any of the vehicles that park in the main lot any more “special” than any other, save a fancy label or the amount of money they’re allegedly worth.

    Thanks for making my point… and pretty much everyone else’s point in the world when it comes to exotic or special cars… yes, like it or not, the fancy label and cost of a car pretty much determines how much attention a car gets when parked. That’s just how life goes. You can’t change it no matter how much nonsense you spew here. Deal with it.

    You want to tell me any different? So tell me why CnC doesn’t just have a special marque day for Hyundai or why there is no such thing as an exotic car show full of Nissan Z cars?

    #134517

    benzjed
    Participant

    @dmark101 75323 wrote:

    if i choose to park my vehicle in the main lot, that is MY choice, not yours.

    Actually, it’s not your choice. It’s the organizer’s choice who to let in to the event. You sound like you are “entitled” to park wherever you want, even when it’s not your event. Do you do that at other car shows? Do you tell a movie theater what movie to show because it’s not any other moviegoer’s choice, but your choice?

    Do you just not care why CnC is one of the premier car events in SoCal? Or because you want to park your normal car there, you must be allowed? Because it’s your choice, and everyone who comes to see exotics and special cars just have to suck it because you are cool like that?

    #134548

    gxpjimmy
    Participant

    @notorious 75325 wrote:

    It’s the organizer’s choice who to let in to the event.

    this is the only thing you’ve said in this thread that makes any sense. that was the whole point to everything i’ve said.

    anything you say after that is fodder.

    #134518

    benzjed
    Participant

    @dmark101 75323 wrote:

    if i choose to park my vehicle in the main lot, that is MY choice, not yours.

    @dmark101 75326 wrote:

    this is the only thing you’ve said in this thread that makes any sense. that was the whole point to everything i’ve said.

    anything you say after that is fodder.

    So… how do these statements reconcile again?

    If you are going to contradict yourself, at least do it in different threads, not in posts right next to each other.

    #134503

    @notorious 75324 wrote:

    Thanks for making my point… and pretty much everyone else’s point in the world when it comes to exotic or special cars… yes, like it or not, the fancy label and cost of a car pretty much determines how much attention a car gets when parked. That’s just how life goes. You can’t change it no matter how much nonsense you spew here. Deal with it. You want to tell me any different? So tell me why CnC doesn’t just have a special marque day for Hyundai or why there is no such thing as an exotic car show full of Nissan Z cars?

    Not necessarily. When A couple friends and I have taken our ****ty 80s volvo wagons (bought mine for 500 lol) we got more attention than some exotics. But then again mine had a built motor, big turbo and a tons of work done. The one friend had a 500hp+ 2jz and the other an measly 400hp ls3 in it. I kind of hate how cars and coffee has pretty much eliminated the diy builder since I used to enjoy seeing every type of car there.

    #134495

    Anonymous

    @cjsafski 75338 wrote:

    Not necessarily. When A couple friends and I have taken our ****ty 80s volvo wagons (bought mine for 500 lol) we got more attention than some exotics. But then again mine had a built motor, big turbo and a tons of work done. The one friend had a 500hp+ 2jz and the other an measly 400hp ls3 in it. I kind of hate how cars and coffee has pretty much eliminated the diy builder since I used to enjoy seeing every type of car there.

    This is a good example. I think these types of cars are great and often get a good amount of attention.

    #134519

    benzjed
    Participant

    @cjsafski 75338 wrote:

    Not necessarily. When A couple friends and I have taken our ****ty 80s volvo wagons (bought mine for 500 lol) we got more attention than some exotics. But then again mine had a built motor, big turbo and a tons of work done. The one friend had a 500hp+ 2jz and the other an measly 400hp ls3 in it. I kind of hate how cars and coffee has pretty much eliminated the diy builder since I used to enjoy seeing every type of car there.

    I’ve seen your Volvos. They are very cool. I would rather see those types of cars with the hotrodding than a group of stock Japanese cars.

    #134502

    Anonymous

    Barry Mequiar always preaches never discriminate on what a car lover owner drives. The owner of that four door Nova or lowered four door civic is a car enthusiast and should be allowed to display their love. We as car owners put countless hours of love into our vehicles. I love seeing another owners interpretation of what hot rodding is. There are kids who fix up moms car to be cool. Isn’t this how some of us started? Back in 1976 I had a red RX-3 SP. It was lowered, blacked out chrome, dark tinted windows, rear window louvers, and Libre rims. Today I have 1969 RS camaro, my son has 2010 camaro, my daughter has a 2008 matte black charger, and my wife has a plum crazy dodge daytona. We show the cars together at shows. I infected the family with the car bug and enjoy the time spent together. Now I guess we can no longer share our cars at this show. I’m sorry you felt the need to put restrictions on your show. The complaints were probably from rich and lazy people who can’t get out of bed early enough to obtain a parking spot. Alot of the newer cars at the show were modified versions that the owners have upgraded. I love seeing what this new generation of rodders have envisioned. I love all cars period. For fellow non prejudice car owners, Anaheim Hooters currently has a show every Sunday afternoon. 4pm to 7PM. All cars are welcome at this time. Make sure to grab a bite to eat. Hope to see some other discriminated owners there.

    #134520

    benzjed
    Participant

    @driftxtz 75385 wrote:

    Barry Mequiar always preaches never discriminate on what a car lover owner drives. The owner of that four door Nova or lowered four door civic is a car enthusiast and should be allowed to display their love. We as car owners put countless hours of love into our vehicles. I love seeing another owners interpretation of what hot rodding is. There are kids who fix up moms car to be cool. Isn’t this how some of us started? Back in 1976 I had a red RX-3 SP. It was lowered, blacked out chrome, dark tinted windows, rear window louvers, and Libre rims. Today I have 1969 RS camaro, my son has 2010 camaro, my daughter has a 2008 matte black charger, and my wife has a plum crazy dodge daytona. We show the cars together at shows. I infected the family with the car bug and enjoy the time spent together. Now I guess we can no longer share our cars at this show. I’m sorry you felt the need to put restrictions on your show. The complaints were probably from rich and lazy people who can’t get out of bed early enough to obtain a parking spot. Alot of the newer cars at the show were modified versions that the owners have upgraded. I love seeing what this new generation of rodders have envisioned. I love all cars period. For fellow non prejudice car owners, Anaheim Hooters currently has a show every Sunday afternoon. 4pm to 7PM. All cars are welcome at this time. Make sure to grab a bite to eat. Hope to see some other discriminated owners there.

    Your 69 RS was refused entry? Wow… that would be a very cool car to see. I had two chances to buy vintage Camaros before, once from the guy that I bought my house from and one from another guy… both were gorgeous… one’s a SS and other a RS. But I didn’t have the mechanical acumen to do the rest of the work. That’s too bad. I see lots of classic muscle cars in there. Wonder what happened.

    #134496

    Anonymous

    I think entry requirements vary according to turnout. If you show up on a poor weather day that has low turnout, I bet they turn away fewer cars or none at all on days they know there is more than enough room.

    I don’t think prejudice or discrimination are appropriate terms. Many gatherings or shows will curate the vehicles on display to suit the theme when space is limited. Just like Notorious said, I don’t think anyone would have room to complain about being refused entry to say a Japanese classic car show if they rolled up in a 69 Mustang. The problem with C&C, if there is one, is that who gets in and who doesn’t will vary with the particular day and there are few hard and fast rules. I love the diversity of vehicles of all types, old, new, perfect condition, well used, concurs quality, daily beaters, etc, etc. I imagine it is a challenge for whoever is working the entrance to make a split second decision on if a given car should be let in when something more appealing might be arriving in 5 minutes.

    #134543

    JOYCEjr5
    Participant

    @notorious 75324 wrote:

    why there is no such thing as an exotic car show full of Nissan Z cars?

    There is and it’s been going on for 18 years now
    http://motorsportauto.com/show/index.html

    So before you continue blabbering on like the monopoly guy going on about some poor schmoe not being able to pass go. Take a moment, breathe…check out that link, realize we will be at CnC whether you like it or not. Maybe not this Saturday, or the next or even in a group as large as 10 cars, but we will have a presence at this event as long as the organizers not YOU will let us participate.

    See you at CnC, along with my Z car

    #134521

    benzjed
    Participant

    @solidred 75398 wrote:

    There is and it’s been going on for 18 years now
    http://motorsportauto.com/show/index.html

    So before you continue blabbering on like the monopoly guy going on about some poor schmoe not being able to pass go. Take a moment, breathe…check out that link, realize we will be at CnC whether you like it or not. Maybe not this Saturday, or the next or even in a group as large as 10 cars, but we will have a presence at this event as long as the organizers not YOU will let us participate.

    See you at CnC, along with my Z car

    Hey, that’s great that you guys have an event, which I see is geared more toward the classic Z’s as I thought. Maybe I should rephrase, why aren’t there events dedicated to the modern Z car? Heck, since you brought it up, why don’t you go there then where people want to see those cars?

    Or better yet, how about when you have one of those Z events, let’s have a whole fleet of late model Mustangs and Camaros take up all the parking spaces for Z enthusiasts to see? I would ask the same question. What purpose is served by the Mustang/Camaro owners by doing that at a Z event?

    Personally, I love classic Z’s. Wanted one when I was in high school. Thought they were very cool cars, but the new gen Z’s? They are about as interesting as any other car you see everyday, if for no other reason than the mass production which is what it is. Nothing anyone can do about it.

    But, and here’s the same honest question again, what purpose are you serving by doing this other than taking up space?

    Put it another way, I just want to clarify if you guys are doing it because you think your cars are interesting and should be an exhibit item or you doing it just because you can? Because, as you so eloquently put it, you want to “HAVE A PRESENCE”? What does that even mean? You want there to be a “PRESENCE” for mass produced Japanese sporty coupes at a place that is supposed to a show for cars which are more rare and different?

    Heck, if you have an interesting car, by all means, but nobody seems to be able to answer that question without getting all defensive and going on the attack.

    #134507

    sonnym
    Member

    Some people have nothing better in life to do than try and get a rise out of others. Don’t sweat it, I don’t. A car enthusiast is a car enthusiast and there should be room for everyone to park and enjoy the event, even the close-minded DBags lololol.

    If C&C Irvine is running out of room than a bigger lot is the best course of action. Lets be honest, having an “interesting car” is quite subjective. What is interesting to one might not be to another, so having enough room for everyone and sectioning off the makes and models makes a lot of sense to me.

    Cheers tiphat

    #134491

    Anonymous

    If I applied the “waiting for something better to come along” logic to everyday life, I would still be waiting for a wife and I am almost 67 years old. If a car enthusiast is willing to get up early ro show his ABCD or whatever brand car, let him or her in the main lot. The other lots are for late arrivals no matter the brands. Just because a person can afford to buy or pay someone else to build a killer car, does not give them the right to show up whenever and be given priority parking. Just my 2 cents worth…..

    #134497

    Anonymous

    @Z06-LITE 75412 wrote:

    If I applied the “waiting for something better to come along” logic to everyday life, I would still be waiting for a wife and I am almost 67 years old. If a car enthusiast is willing to get up early ro show his ABCD or whatever brand car, let him or her in the main lot. The other lots are for late arrivals no matter the brands. Just because a person can afford to buy or pay someone else to build a killer car, does not give them the right to show up whenever and be given priority parking. Just my 2 cents worth…..

    So you married the first woman you dated and are happy you didn’t wait for something better to come along? You’re luckier than most people.

    Just playing devil’s advocate here for the fun of it. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)

The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.