Parking in the Main Lot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    sonnym

I’m part of a 370z group that goes out to C&C and other events together all the time. We were there at C&C Irvine on the 2-9 with over 10 Z’s and had great time before we headed to Ortega and then got lunch. I organize a lot of events of the guys and one went to C&C last weekend and was told only cars 1999 and older (or $100k and up) were going to be allowed to park in the main lot from now on. Please tell me this isn’t true. We were planning another 10+ group for 3-9 but if we can’t park in the main lot and are told to go into the structure m not going to be thrilled. thumbsdown

Can someone please advise if the rules for parking have changed??

Thanks,
    Z_Girl

Anonymous

You would have to check with either Jonn or Linda Clinard for clarification. They are the only ones in charge fo the event. One or both of them are always at the entrance to the display lot.

benzjed
    Participant

@Z_Girl 75226 wrote:

I’m part of a 370z group that goes out to C&C and other events together all the time. We were there at C&C Irvine on the 2-9 with over 10 Z’s and had great time before we headed to Ortega and then got lunch. I organize a lot of events of the guys and one went to C&C last weekend and was told only cars 1999 and older (or $100k and up) were going to be allowed to park in the main lot from now on. Please tell me this isn’t true. We were planning another 10+ group for 3-9 but if we can’t park in the main lot and are told to go into the structure m not going to be thrilled. thumbsdown

Can someone please advise if the rules for parking have changed??

Thanks,
    Z_Girl

So, honest question, knowing what you know about CnC, what purpose would it serve to park a bunch of mass produced Japanese cars which are relatively cheap and definitely not exotic or classic in the display area meant for cars which are expensive and exotic or old and classic?

sonnym

Thanks Greg, will do 😉

JOYCEjr5
    Participant

@Notorious 75257 wrote:

So, honest question, knowing what you know about CnC, what purpose would it serve to park a bunch of mass produced Japanese cars which are relatively cheap and definitely not exotic or classic in the display area meant for cars which are expensive and exotic or old and classic?

Honest question…are you always an elitist douche?

benzjed
    Participant

@SolidRed 75288 wrote:

Honest question…are you always an elitist douche?

Not at all. I am quite humble but I am a straight shooter and like to tell it like it is. We all know what CnC is for and why people wake up early to either exhibit or spectate at the event. So, what purpose is served by taking up a ton of space with cars that don’t fit the purpose of the event, when we all know parking is very limited as is?

I don’t think anyone would go to a medieval sword or Samurai sword collector’s specialty show and try to take up a ton of space showing off his $5 Buck knives either, right? It just doesn’t fit the purpose of the event. Whatever spaces are taken up by those cars would mean the same amount of cars meant for exhibit has to be kicked out. Does that really serve the purpose of the event?

In conclusion, as this is your first post, are you always an idiot who just jumps in on the first post without finding out what you are actually talking about?

C6ontrack
    Participant

Attention All.
    Cars and Coffee is for car people, and cars that are: Unusual, classic, rare, vintage, exotic: I think each vehicle on display should have at least two of those characteristics.

Anonymous

I agree with Notorius! I drive 45 minutes each direction to CnC. Last time I was there I asked myself why I want to spend so much time driving to see cars that I can see on the freeway getting here? I don’t need to see someone’s new Mustang or Camaro. They’re cool but they’re common and not worth the drive.

I believe some of these people park in the main lot so they don’t have to walk their lazy asses from the parking lot.

Before anyone accuses me of being elitist or other B.S. I drive a stock 1997 Ford Ranger.

I’m happy to learn they’re limiting the participation. I’ll be coming back more often.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see some modern vehicles there that are modified in unusual ways and appear worthy to me. But I’m a little doubtful of the chances of 10+ worthy Z cars all rolling in together.

gxpjimmy
    Participant

@VintageGT 75309 wrote:

Cars and Coffee is for car people, and cars

that is the ONLY thing in your sentence that i agree with.

notorious, you do sound a bit elitist and that ruins what the spirit of an event like this is all about.

yes, this may be my first post here, but i also know the people who put on this event and i’m sure that mr. clinard doesn’t feel the same way that you do.

benzjed
    Participant

@VintageGT 75309 wrote:

Attention All.
    Cars and Coffee is for car people, and cars that are: Unusual, classic, rare, vintage, exotic: I think each vehicle on display should have at least two of those characteristics.

Heck, I would settle for even one characteristic.

@bdcaron 75311 wrote:

I agree with Notorius! I drive 45 minutes each direction to CnC. Last time I was there I asked myself why I want to spend so much time driving to see cars that I can see on the freeway getting here? I don’t need to see someone’s new Mustang or Camaro. They’re cool but they’re common and not worth the drive.

I believe some of these people park in the main lot so they don’t have to walk their lazy asses from the parking lot.

Before anyone accuses me of being elitist or other B.S. I drive a stock 1997 Ford Ranger.

I’m happy to learn they’re limiting the participation. I’ll be coming back more often.

Sometimes I show up late and get into queue to park in the exhibitor’s area, then they tell me I have to wait because it’s full… then some people leave and I am let in… and I go past 2 rows of stock Corvettes, 1 row of late model Mustangs, 3 rows of standard Porsche 911/Boxsters, and at least a dozen Japanese cars, some done up in Fast N Furious fashion. Really? Is that what CnC is about? I see the same thing at most coffee shop or cafe parking lots… except there are more SUV’s out there, but otherwise it’s all the same thing.

Parking is limited in that lot… I don’t think they have more than 250 spaces total, including the side exhibit area off the main entry and that back deadend area. It’s truly a disservice to those who want to exhibit a show car and for those who woke up to see something different.

@Evan78 75312 wrote:

I see some modern vehicles there that are modified in unusual ways and appear worthy to me. But I’m a little doubtful of the chances of 10+ worthy Z cars all rolling in together.

If it’s a nicely factory or known aftermarket tuner car, like a Saleen or Lingenfelter or Chip Foose special, etc., yeah, probably would be good. But if you just slap a set of chrome rims and a tint job on your otherwise stock Japanese car, it’s probably not what people want to see.

benzjed
    Participant

@dmark101 75316 wrote:

that is the ONLY thing in your sentence that i agree with.

notorious, you do sound a bit elitist and that ruins what the spirit of an event like this is all about.

yes, this may be my first post here, but i also know the people who put on this event and i’m sure that mr. clinard doesn’t feel the same way that you do.

Elitist? How so? Because I want to make sure the limited parking spaces go to cars which are more fitting in the spirit of the event? Because the people who wake up early to bring their special cars to the event shouldn’t have to fight with your generic off the dealer lot car… because those who make the trek to see a car show probably won’t care much about cars he sees in the local mall parking lot, even if there are ten of them in a row… because you can see that at a dealer.

If that is elitist, then so be it.

Yes, I will say it. I don’t give a rat’s arse and two ****s about your posse of late model factory cars, be it Mustangs, Camaros, Z’s, BRZ/FRS, WRX, whatever. I don’t even give a rip about your Corvette, even if it’s a Z06… and most stock Porsche 911’s as well. Not to say they are not good cars and good performers in their segment, not at all, but they are not what should be exhibited in the main parking area for CnC.

If the organizers don’t agree, that is their call. It’s their event. They can change it and welcome all factory late model cars. See how that works out. I don’t have a dog in the hunt so if anyone wants to roll in deep with their Japanese car crew, have at it. Enjoy.

gxpjimmy
    Participant

@Notorious 75319 wrote:

Elitist? How so? Because I want to make sure the limited parking spaces go to cars which are more fitting in the spirit of the event? Because the people who wake up early to bring their special cars to the event shouldn’t have to fight with your generic off the dealer lot car… because those who make the trek to see a car show probably won’t care much about cars he sees in the local mall parking lot, even if there are ten of them in a row… because you can see that at a dealer.

If that is elitist, then so be it.

Yes, I will say it. I don’t give a rat’s arse and two ****s about your posse of late model factory cars, be it Mustangs, Camaros, Z’s, BRZ/FRS, WRX, whatever. I don’t even give a rip about your Corvette, even if it’s a Z06… and most stock Porsche 911’s as well. Not to say they are not good cars and good performers in their segment, not at all, but they are not what should be exhibited in the main parking area for CnC.

If the organizers don’t agree, that is their call. It’s their event. They can change it and welcome all factory late model cars. See how that works out. I don’t have a dog in the hunt so if anyone wants to roll in deep with their Japanese car crew, have at it. Enjoy.

that’s good you don’t “give a rat’s arse” or “two ****es” about anyone’s posse of whatever. they’re certainly not MY posse, so don’t presume to lump me in with any particular group. what irks me is your cavalier attitude regarding who and what should be allowed into an event that you have absolutely NO control over.

so, all you’ve done is prove the adage about opinions and a person’s nether regions. for that, a job well done.

benzjed
    Participant

@dmark101 75320 wrote:

that’s good you don’t “give a rat’s arse” or “two ****es” about anyone’s posse of whatever. they’re certainly not MY posse, so don’t presume to lump me in with any particular group. what irks me is your cavalier attitude regarding who and what should be allowed into an event that you have absolutely NO control over.

so, all you’ve done is prove the adage about opinions and a person’s nether regions. for that, a job well done.

Is it “cavalier” to just say it like it is? Did I even mention my car or make any other statements about the worth of those cars other than asking what purpose does it serve at an event like that to park a bunch of regular cars at a car show meant for special cars, taking up space that can go to special cars?

That’s cavalier? Sounds to me like you are insecure and projecting some of that outward to others who make you uncomfortable by pointing out the truth.

As for being allowed into the event… nobody is banned from going into the event, just don’t park your regular car in the main lot. You can park in the structure and walk there like everyone else who wants in.

All you’ve proven is you can’t handle the truth.

gxpjimmy
    Participant

@Notorious 75322 wrote:

Is it “cavalier” to just say it like it is? Did I even mention my car or make any other statements about the worth of those cars other than asking what purpose does it serve at an event like that to park a bunch of regular cars at a car show meant for special cars, taking up space that can go to special cars?

That’s cavalier? Sounds to me like you are insecure and projecting some of that outward to others who make you uncomfortable by pointing out the truth.

As for being allowed into the event… nobody is banned from going into the event, just don’t park your regular car in the main lot. You can park in the structure and walk there like everyone else who wants in.

All you’ve proven is you can’t handle the truth.

truth? what truth? you haven’t spoken anything that could even remotely be considered “truth”. as for “insecure” and “projecting” or even “uncomfortable”, you couldn’t be further from the truth.

if i choose to park my vehicle in the main lot, that is MY choice, not yours. just having that choice seems to make you “insecure”, causing you to “project” said feelings and making people feel “uncomfortable” about being included in such an event like this. there is NOTHING that makes any of the vehicles that park in the main lot any more “special” than any other, save a fancy label or the amount of money they’re allegedly worth.

the only thing you’ve proven to this point is that you have no point. you are merely trolling in an attempt to fulfill some sense of self-worth.

i eagerly await your next attempted repartee.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.