Park Meadows Sat 324 with my new ride

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

i recently purchased this 76 Eldo Convertible.
    i had the oil changed today and got it up on the lift.
    the bottom is as nice as the top. brake pads look ok. suspension all together.
    only immediate thing is rear shocks. it came with a self leveling air suspension. that is shot. so I will look into a replacement. Many need rear springs too? THey are coils so no biggie. probaly just get a non air shock and springs/ we’ll see.
    i thien went to the local Cars and Coffee at the Great Inddors. the weather is AMAZING TODAY so I figured there would be cars there and I was not disappointed.
    the eldo and a few of his friends 😆

there were near 60 cars when I showed up, not so many by the time I got my camera out LOL

DSCN1394.jpg
    DSCN1382.jpg
    bill oakley’s new ride
    DSCN1383.jpg

few others

DSCN1391.jpg
    DSCN1388.jpg
    DSCN1386.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love this site.

80 views and nary a comment.

well i didnt get paid to show up at Great Indoors; maybe thats the problem :busted:

a few comments and observations and questions:

I dont get the reason why people who frequent this board seem to have a PROBLEM with the Park Meadows meet. If I am missing something here please explain.

I have been showing up for the past 4-5 years on and off. I have never felt scorned because of what I drove that day or any other reason not to show up and share.
    I am never pressured into buying anything. Coffee at Dazbog is just a few steps away but I dont feel like I MUST. No raffles. No DJ. Just boys and their toys……what Cars and Coffee should be.

I cannot say the same for my TWO VISITS to the old gig out EAST. Loud speaker blaring trying to sell me something or entice me to visit a store or restaurant. To me all that is nothing more than a distraction. I dont need music. I dont need 10% off the local nail salon. I would like to SHARE and MEET with people who like the things I like. Thats whats important to me.

My observations on this site that the majority dont feel as I do……….

WHAT SAY YOUY??????

one last note: This is all IMO based on my personal observations. No offense should be taken by anyone. Obviously I am in the minority and am trying to understand why?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@robpp 66257 wrote:

I love this site.

80 views and nary a comment.

What are you looking for? I’ve posted hundreds of photos, had over twenty five thousand views, and only a couple dozen comments over the years… I don’t expect any comments, I post them because I enjoy taking them and hope a few people enjoy seeing them. They are not for everybody, if I get a comment, great, if not, great too.

@robpp 66257 wrote:

I dont get the reason why people who frequent this board seem to have a PROBLEM with the Park Meadows meet. If I am missing something here please explain.

What makes you think there is a problem with anyone meeting at Park Meadows? If that’s where you like to go, keep going. I don’t care to drive over there personally, I’m sure others may feel the same, or have other reasons. I went once on the day you posted your photos, took around 50-60 photos which isn’t many for me. The location is less then ideal for the style of photos I shoot, not a very broad selection of cars, sure lots of Corvettes, I like ’em, own one, but don’t need to see that many C5’s/C6’s every week…a few Mustangs, 2 Porsches, a Mercedes, 2 Ferarris, a motorcyle, and a Camaro about sums it up give or take a few. Nice cars don’t get me wrong, proud owners too I’m sure. Just not what I look for at a Cars & Coffee get together.

@robpp 66257 wrote:

I have been showing up for the past 4-5 years on and off. I have never felt scorned because of what I drove that day or any other reason not to show up and share.
    I am never pressured into buying anything. Coffee at Dazbog is just a few steps away but I dont feel like I MUST. No raffles. No DJ. Just boys and their toys……what Cars and Coffee should be.

In your opinion. Have you visited a Cars & Coffee event in any other state? You would probably hate them based on what you’re saying you like. Tons more high end and specialty cars, very few if any low end cars, access is controlled, parking is controlled, vendors everywhere, music, and some cars are turned away. Never seen that happen here.

@robpp 66257 wrote:

I dont need music. I dont need 10% off the local nail salon. I would like to SHARE and MEET with people who like the things I like. Thats whats important to me.

Then maybe you’ve found your place? It does seem important to you to get some kind of “approval” from this group though..? I guess I don’t understand…what are you looking for?

Jeff

Anonymous
    Inactive

@BehindTheLens 66259 wrote:

What are you looking for? I’ve posted hundreds of photos, had over twenty five thousand views, and only a couple dozen comments over the years… I don’t expect any comments, I post them because I enjoy taking them and hope a few people enjoy seeing them. They are not for everybody, if I get a comment, great, if not, great too.

What makes you think there is a problem with anyone meeting at Park Meadows? If that’s where you like to go, keep going. I don’t care to drive over there personally, I’m sure others may feel the same, or have other reasons. I went once on the day you posted your photos, took around 50-60 photos which isn’t many for me. The location is less then ideal for the style of photos I shoot, not a very broad selection of cars, sure lots of Corvettes, I like ’em, own one, but don’t need to see that many C5’s/C6’s every week…a few Mustangs, 2 Porsches, a Mercedes, 2 Ferarris, a motorcyle, and a Camaro about sums it up give or take a few. Nice cars don’t get me wrong, proud owners too I’m sure. Just not what I look for at a Cars & Coffee get together.

In your opinion. Have you visited a Cars & Coffee event in any other state? You would probably hate them based on what you’re saying you like. Tons more high end and specialty cars, very few if any low end cars, access is controlled, parking is controlled, vendors everywhere, music, and some cars are turned away. Never seen that happen here.

Then maybe you’ve found your place? It does seem important to you to get some kind of “approval” from this group though..? I guess I don’t understand…what are you looking for?

Jeff

Appreciate the reply.

I guess I have been coming to this site for about 3 years and lots of the posts talk about finding a new place and such. I took that to mean they werrent satisfied with the current selection of places. I have also had other direct comments about some places.
    Hence the query…….

If other C&C are as you say I wouldnt like them. I would suspect there are many Flavors. The more commercialized the less I wish to attend.

The second Saturday every month there is a much larger turnout with all sorts of cars. I cant help it if the location is not ideal for picture taking.

Perhaps I did find what I am looking for….if I only knew what that was LOL

Cheers!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Robb, the reason there are posts about finding a new place is because from what I heard, Southlands wanted to charge for it’s lot space. Who wants to pay for something like that? So then it went to a location on Peoria near Centennial airport which ended up being a one day event due to insurance issues with the building owner or something like that, which necessitated the move to GO Automotive lot for a few months. That was, from what I heard only going to be temporary anyway as they (GO) had plans for their space. Which leaves us once again looking for another place.

From what I’ve seen with Cars & Coffee both here and in other states is that they just don’t show up and take over a large chunk of someone’s parking lot…they get permission, and they encourage participation with the local businesses. What’s wrong with that? Seems like a fair trade to me.. In my opinion, Southlands made a mistake in looking for compensation from the people that brought a lot of attention and more then likely business to an otherwise unused parking lot. My wife would shop there, wander through the lot and look at some of the cars you don’t see every day and then continue on shopping. I know a lot of the other wives/significant others did as well.

We are lucky living in this area though, there are so many places to bring your car and hang out, or get serious and show for competition. Some on week nights, some on Friday night, and both Saturday and Sunday.

As for the Great Indoors and photography…it’s not the worst, but not the greatest for me…sure it is a large lot, but from what I saw there was basically just two long rows where as Southlands had many shorter rows which provided much more interaction between the cars through my lens which is what I like.

Anyway, that’s the situation as I’ve seen it unfold, hope that answers some of your questions. Enjoy wherever you go!

-Jeff

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jeff,

I think it’s hopeless to respond to robpp with logic. He prefers to post untruths and when confronted with the truth, he doesn’t respond. See his post where he accused me of charging McCabes.

When I linked her email offering the $25 to increase attendance or she woud have to look elsewhere, he has never responded.

I also liked his comment about the loudspeaker trying to sell him something. As you know, since you came to most of our shows, we NEVER tried to sell anything, but then the music was never blaring either.

I think it’s humorous that he comes to Cars and Coffee’s forum and then spends most of his time badmouthing us.

Comments like his, make it hard for Jim and I to continue to spend time and money to put on a car show. He has no idea how much we have spent out of our pocket in actual dollars, not counting the amount of time spent trying to put on a quality show.

I spent over 20 hours helping McCabes to get cars out to THEIR event, not mine. For what? Just to get bad mouthed for expecting them to do what they offered?

Maybe robpp should go put on his own show and see how much work it actually is.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Bill,
    Yeah, I saw what happened at McCabes…strange. Seems to a common occurrence at Southlands anymore. Too bad, I liked it over there.
    I know you and Jim have spent a lot of time and effort with Cars & Coffee, and I also know many of us appreciate it. I’m looking forward to
    wherever the show ends up and seeing that new car!

Jeff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Denver’ is closed to new topics and replies.