Oct 2nd Mountain Drive – starting at C&C!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It looks like mother nature is cooking up a perfect day for driving Saturday! Forecast is for clear skies and mid-70s here, which should make for a great run! Details…

WHEN: Saturday, Oct 2nd approx 10:00am
    WHERE: Carsh & Coffee at Northlake
    WHO: ANYONE! The Carolina Z Club is organizing, but we are opening this to anyone who wants to join.

Also, don’t let limited time be an excuse to not go. First, if you can’t make the drive, you really should check out cars and coffee anyway. Can’t commit all day? That’s okay too… I’ve tried to structure the route to let 1/2 day participants loop back at an earlier point than the all-day crowd. So, bring yourself out and join the fun!

Here is a mapquest link with detailed directions. http://www.mapquest.com/mq/3-b1IDkM2p

If you don’t want to be bothered with maps, you can just follow the person in front of you.

See you Saturday!

Anonymous
    Inactive

First, please note there was a route revision Fri, Oct 1st at 10:21 am to circumvent the Apple Festival in N. Wilkesboro. If you printed the route before that, you will need to reprint or just follow the group. 🙂

Second, if you are interested in joining the run, look for my bright blue 2008 VW Golf R32 at C&C in the morning (or find me). We will leave C&C parking lot at 10:00am, regroup in the mall parking lot in front of Dick’s and Belks, then start the drive by 10:15am or so. This drive is open to anyone (though with twisty mountain roads on tap, it will be more suitable for sports cars than muscle cars), so don’t let ‘not having the right car’ stop you from joining us. As of today, about 8-10 people from our Z club have committed and there may be more (this includes several Zs, 2 VWs, and a BMW). The weather should be great for the drive. So if you have the afternoon free, please join us.

*** Also, if there is enough interest, I’ll talk to Michael (who got C&C started for us nearly 2 yrs ago) about organizing a drive starting from C&C each month. ***

Anonymous
    Inactive

Had a great time today, all. Great to meet you, thanks for the invitation & I look forward to doing it again soon!

Seth – black S2000

Anonymous
    Inactive

that was a lot of fun today. I’m glad i got a chance to meet you guys and run with some other R32’s. Let me know the next time you want to take a run.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pretty good turnout so we will definitely have to try this again. If cold weather holds off, we can try again after November C&C.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was in the grey RX-8 and was pleasantly surprised that the pace was good, especially after lunch! I’d really like to join this kind of drive on a monthly basis.

ThrottleJock, it was fun watching you deftly reel in the back end on several of the tighter corners. Hope I didn’t influence that.

Can anyone point out on the map where the white RX-8 and I ended our drive? Looking at the rest of the route, it looks like we missed some of the best parts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also understand that there was a photographer in our midst.

How would I best contact him?

Anonymous
    Inactive

It was good to meet all of you. It’s too bad that some of the people driving were going too fast for their skill level. I hope everything turned out “okay” for them. I didn’t realize how far we were from Columbia till I was washing the cars the 3rd and looked at the map. I have pics and video of the ride that I will send whoever wants them. Send me an e-mail to Stevedotmil@hotmail.com. Thanks again. I had the red Z4.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it is a safe bet we will do this again. Unfortunately, it will not be Nov 6th. Our club is participating in the Hilton Head Concours show and I will be out of town the preceding weekend. If enough people are interested we can shoot for a non-C&C weekend before it gets too cold. Otherwise we will be looking at December for the next one.

My friend Patrick was taking pictures for our club. I’ll try to get him to sign up here and post some of them to this forum.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That would be awesome if you could get him to post some pictures from the drive on here or give us a link to where the pictures might be posted.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Charlotte’ is closed to new topics and replies.