Obey The Law! No Speeding Or Burnouts!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    pladmin
    Keymaster

[IMG]http://www.carsandcoffee.info/images/cops_1.JPG[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://www.carsandcoffee.info/images/cops_2.JPG[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://www.carsandcoffee.info/images/cops_3.JPG[/IMG][IMG]http://www.carsandcoffee.info/images/cops_4.JPG[/IMG][IMG]http://www.carsandcoffee.info/images/cops_5.JPG[/IMG]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yea, today was out of control.

Anonymous

seriously. cops need to get a life.

Anonymous

Sorry to disagree with you kwag but the cops are there to make sure people obey the law and frankly these jerkys (mazda3 guy and vette burnout) aren’t obeying the law. It would be sad if these jerkys are the downfall of cars and coffee, it wouldn’t be the cops fault.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    kwag_01;2955 wrote:
    seriously. cops need to get a life.

i’d totally agree except for where we’ve had way too many accidents at this show. irvine is our second chance at this thing (last time it got shut down)

if we get shut down again, we’re pretty f’d because i’m not sure where it would get hosted over a car manufacturer’s development offices…

edit:

they should probably skip a week as a warning. “due to burnouts, there will be no cars and coffee next week. events will resume the week after, however, if this continues we will cancel futher events”

basically
    burnouts = none next week
    burnouts week after = none next two weeks
    again = none the next 3 weeks

I think people would get the hint

Anonymous

I would hate to see all of cars and coffee’s hard work go down the drain because of some idiots. EVERYONE PLEASE OBEY THE LAW at these shows!

Anonymous

Hi all, it is kind of amazing that you tell people week after week, lets not jeopordize this great event-NO BURNOUTS. You post signs to remind them NO BURNOUTS. They pull up to the exit to leave and there are cops sitting right there just for this single purpose, and they still do a burnout. I am sorry, but that is just stupid! Looking back, CC was such a great show, but suffered a sad end for similar problems. People said if we only had another chance with a new location. Along comes the PAG offer, great location, great volunteers,food,BATHROOMS,no rent a cops saying dont park here and dont rev you engine. Thus C and C was born. All they have is one request, Please no burnouts. Surely we can all dial it back a notch for Cnc. Regards, Rick

Anonymous

It stll happened this weekend. Why they have to screech the tires I’ll never understand.

Anonymous
    CurtC;2967 wrote:
    i’d totally agree except for where we’ve had way too many accidents at this show. irvine is our second chance at this thing (last time it got shut down)

if we get shut down again, we’re pretty f’d because i’m not sure where it would get hosted over a car manufacturer’s development offices…

edit:

they should probably skip a week as a warning. “due to burnouts, there will be no cars and coffee next week. events will resume the week after, however, if this continues we will cancel futher events”

basically
    burnouts = none next week
    burnouts week after = none next two weeks
    again = none the next 3 weeks

I think people would get the hint

i know a place in anaheim that would probably be more then happy to host . its the john force shop down in savi ranch in anaheim or yorba linda not sure its right on the border its at the intersection of weir canyon and the 91 freeway. they have a small car show there every month on the last saturday of each month. try talking to them see what they say

Anonymous

I’m glad we havn’t have much of a problem with this here in Vegas. Some people do take off a little quick leaving, but back out of it before the pass the speed limit.

Anonymous
    terrasmak;8127 wrote:
    I’m glad we havn’t have much of a problem with this here in Vegas. Some people do take off a little quick leaving, but back out of it before the pass the speed limit.

i agree here vegas i believe we just have alot of mature ppl that respect the fact that we are able to have C&C with the local polices blessings…..

Anonymous

It seems maybe a little discussion with the local police might be helpful. I imagine that the burnout problem is probably not caused by anyone on this forum. Let the police know about the forum and your efforts to curtail such activity. That is truly stupid when the cops are right across the street. Maybe impounding the car for a month or two would take the “fun” out of it. Maybe getting the description and license number of the car would help -banning the person from attending – I understand it is a public venue but you could engage the person or persons involved and let them know of your disapproval. You have so many good attendees -possibly local celebrities would be of help.

Anonymous

Since we have some participants that choose not to control their right foot perhaps we should find a track with facilities for those that insist on doing a burnout. Just an idea. Probably not the best idea because people encouraged to do burnouts could end up doing something that causes more problems. I guess the best solution is for everybody to check their ego at the entrance. All of us already know what the burning rubber sounds like. If people willinging jepardize the location of a C n C then they should consider not attending so the rest of us can enjoy the event without having to deal with a possible eviction / relocation.

Anonymous
    v8_superbird;6714 wrote:
    i know a place in anaheim that would probably be more then happy to host . its the john force shop down in savi ranch in anaheim or yorba linda not sure its right on the border its at the intersection of weir canyon and the 91 freeway. they have a small car show there every month on the last saturday of each month. try talking to them see what they say

Small problem with that idea – Anaheim has a “No Cruising” ordinance. Remember Angelo’s on St. College? The ‘children’ started showing up, and it got shut down. Same for the cruising/parking lot show at Camelot Golf Park.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is something I’m trying to do everywhere, I hate the sight of cops, I like cops, I just don’t like seeing them. My freaken car is like a magnet, and I’m sure yours is too! I get pulled over at least once a month and I’m tired of it! Growing up sucks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.