NSX day – January 31, 2009

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

@RYU 14704 wrote:

I almost wish I didn’t run into this thread. It’s really too bad there’s so much negative sentiment created by (or at least inspired by) the NSX marque event. Such things could have been controlled outside of a public forum in which the positive spirit of the gathering could have been preserved. I could certainly go off into an in depth philosophical discussion but the event is tomorrow and I choose to keep a positive attitude… thumbup I love cars and generally all car people (young or old) isn’t that why we all went to the Cove and which is why we continue to go now? It’s a one time event which will never happen again and probably impossible in such quantitites. Even I was surprised at the turnout. Many NSX owners own multiple cars (read: more expensive/collectible/rare cars which are all the types of cars we all come to see in the first place)…

I’ll be one of the NSXs parked off-site.

No need to park off site, although your gesture is appreciated. I’ve posted numerous messages in the NSX Prime site about our “special” reserved parking area, that being, the corral plus a big chunk of the Mazda lot. For those who don’t know, the Mazda lot is not part of the C&C show lot. So, the NSX guys will only occupy what has been previously reserved for the occasional marque event- the corral (40 spaces).

As we all know, you can’t please all the people all the time. Hopefully, the fact that I went through official channels to get permission for a historic NSX gathering helps keep the peace and optimizes the fun.

Steve

Anonymous
    Inactive
    RYU;14704 wrote:
    I almost wish I didn’t run into this thread. It’s really too bad there’s so much negative sentiment created by…

I didn’t take the comments as being that bad… I do understand their concerns. Heck, even I shake my head is disgust when I roll into C&C, when it’s only one quarter filled, and I see cars parked at the end of an island (in the traffic lane) instead of in a “parking spot” just so they can get their car in a premium spot. There are also those whom believe their car deserves two parking spots. We’ve all seen them.

I’m planning on doing my part in trying to understand, and be considerate of, peoples feelings. Hopefully, we will be able to “pack in” our beloved NSX’s so as to impact the number of parking spaces as little as possible.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just wanted to say sorry for my little part in the other half of the Honda invasion, I knew about the other cars comming last week on Thursday and posted it on another fourm. Information got back to C&C and people were told how to come to the event. If I had not said anything in that other fourm it would have been, Oh where did all these cars come from and still the same result would have happend a lot of hondas and would not have resulted one group being perceived as nescient and brash and people being disrespected.:(

Anonymous

…………

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘NSX day – January 31, 2009’ is closed to new replies.