NSX day – January 31, 2009

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

On Saturday, January 31, the NSX marque will once again make an appearance to the Irvine Cars & Coffee car meet in force. This last occurred back in February 2007. Since then, only small numbers of this classic Honda supercar have shown up. Attached is a photo showing a few of the 40+ NSXs’ that arrived that day. As a new NSX owner, I am enjoying meeting the friendly and enthusiastic owners of this terrific car as well as the C&C crowd in general.

Borrowing a line from the X-Men trilogy, “Car enthusiasts- unite!” Come on out that day and show your support of this great car and all the cars and owners who make this free and unsanctioned event so special.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can’t wait!

Anyone have word on the next BMW Marque?

Anonymous

Yes! I am new to C&C. I rode my bike to C&C few weeks ago. I was planning to take my 89 Porsche speedster there tomorrow morning but I heard it will rain. I also have a NSX and I am so excited about this NSX day! I have a stock black 91 NSX. See you guys around!
    Adrian

Anonymous
    YellowHaze;11517 wrote:
    On Saturday, January 31, the NSX marque will once again make an appearance to the Irvine Cars & Coffee car meet in force. This last occurred back in February 2007. Since then, only small numbers of this classic Honda supercar have shown up. Attached is a photo showing a few of the 40+ NSXs’ that arrived that day. As a new NSX owner, I am enjoying meeting the friendly and enthusiastic owners of this terrific car as well as the C&C crowd in general.

Borrowing a line from the X-Men trilogy, “Car enthusiasts- unite!” Come on out that day and show your support of this great car and all the cars and owners who make this free and unsanctioned event so special.

We just might have to bring some of our Las Vegas NSX Club cars to Irvine for the festivities. 😎

Rally30-2.jpg

Anonymous

what about a nissan day? i mean i have a datsun i took this past show did anyone here see it?

Anonymous

Nice, I have always loved the NSX, and I think they don’t always get the appreciation they deserve at CnC when they are parked to “higher-end” supercars. :nuts:

Anonymous

Update: As of today, Jan. 9, 73 NSXs are planning on attending. Should that occur, this will be the second largest assembly of NSXs ever. The biggest gathering occurred back in 2003 during the NSXPO at Laguna Seca where approximately 150 of these Honda supercars met.

A parade entrance is planned for those meeting prior to the event. Weather permitting, this should be quite a site.

Anonymous

Josh must be loving this !

Anonymous

@Tomcat 11679 wrote:

We just might have to bring some of our Las Vegas NSX Club cars to Irvine for the festivities. 😎

Rally30-2.jpg

“You’re killing me, Larry!” I can barely make out a blue car in the background. As for the model on the left, “Aye yi yi!”

Anonymous

if the weather this saturday is bad (like last saturday) would NSX day be rescheduled or would it just go on?

Anonymous
    Inactive

From the looks of it, the weather this Saturday will be great. I am hoping to make it out there.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Tomcat;11679 wrote:

Rally30-2.jpg

Bring those girls, to! :banana:

Anonymous
    Inactive

_DSC7240.jpg

woohoo :banana:

pladmin
    Keymaster
    Max;14653 wrote:
    Now lets add even more chaos to the mix ?

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=662553&st=300

At a rough count that is 75 ish S2000’s ?

All joining their NSX brothers ?

Plus the BMW M’s that are planning around 30 cars

and The Supra guys that are looking to bring 20+

That is possibly 200+ cars represented by 4-5 models in total !

I agree Max, If I saw that Caravan pull up, I would turn them away. Tell them there is already a Marque and that space is limited. Don’t worry I am sure John will do a good job of policing the entrance as he is aware of the number of NSX’s that are coming, and that there isnt a lot of remaining space.

Interestingly enough everytime there is a Marque, John tells me that there won’t be anymore, because they just cause too many headaches. Ultimately the decision is up to him, and not the rest of us.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I almost wish I didn’t run into this thread. It’s really too bad there’s so much negative sentiment created by (or at least inspired by) the NSX marque event. Such things could have been controlled outside of a public forum in which the positive spirit of the gathering could have been preserved. I could certainly go off into an in depth philosophical discussion but the event is tomorrow and I choose to keep a positive attitude… thumbup I love cars and generally all car people (young or old) isn’t that why we all went to the Cove and which is why we continue to go now? It’s a one time event which will never happen again and probably impossible in such quantitites. Even I was surprised at the turnout. Many NSX owners own multiple cars (read: more expensive/collectible/rare cars which are all the types of cars we all come to see in the first place)…

I’ll be one of the NSXs parked off-site.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘NSX day – January 31, 2009’ is closed to new replies.