New Here! With a new car! Not a super car but it is MY car :P

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey all!

Friend from work showed me this site. Figured I would introduce myself.

My Name is Tristan. Originally from NYC I moved to California 3 years ago.

I have been an avid sports car fan since my dad showed me his GT40 right before he began racing formula Atlantic cars.

For me import was always in my blood.

I have owned 2 Ford Probe GT’s when i first started driving(not counting the moped years lol) and even then, mazda clutch tongue.gif

Then I owned a BMW 2002 325ci for 4 years and loved it into the ground. So I JUST as of FRIDAY, traded it in for an amazing RX8 R3.

Here are some pics I took today of my baby, without plates yet tongue.gif

3454454103_a15c2967e8.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tristan…7617032112994/

My dad came out from NY to visit and helped kick me in the ass to give up a bit of my vice grip on the funds and get a new car. He owns a Porche Caymen and Carerra GT and Supra twin turbo turned single turbo with 650 HP it’s kinda crazy, and yes he owned it before the movie. So it was my turn to get a more sporty car.

Anywho this is about me DAMMIT!! lol, so this is my FIRST BRAND NEW car and I love it to death.

Anywhoo, I have ranted enough. Look forward to meeting you all at a gathering, hopefully I can park with the big boys and not in the back with the new rules 😛

Anonymous

Welcome Triston.

Great cars, a little heavy on the fuel I’m told. Interestingly I sat on the Mazda consumer feedback panel when the car was a concept and full scale mock up at Mazda’s old HQ seven yrs ago or something like that. Have fun at C&C.

Anonymous

grats on the new car that’s quite a hot rod for its size engine. drivesmile

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sweet dude! How would you describe CA compared to NY? Congrats on the car too. I Like the wheels on it…stock?
    detailedentirecaar.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

An RX-8 🙂 That the R3 model?
    Congrats on the car! Are you a member on rx8club.com too?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am new at this so bare with me. I own a 2001 vette third onwer. I went to the cars and coffee in Irvine. I was like a kid in a candy store beautiful cars from old to new. I plan to go next next weekend nice a early so I can park my car next to those newer vette. Hope to see you there feel free to just say hi. Owner of a yellow 2001 vette. By the way you got a nice looking car….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Neat car, are there any show worthy modifications on the car or anything that would make it unique “of interest?” or “unusual?”. I think there is pre 78 guideline in effect at one time. I have gone a few times and seen some excellent show worthy cars parked outside the exhibit in general parking. When I got to the lot it was full and there were just some regular stock cars inside taking up valuable real estate. Please see

http://forum.carsandcoffee.info/showthread.php?t=7341

I thought about parking inside (a BMW) but when I saw the caliber of cars inside I felt it would be wrong to put a “normal” car inside exhibit area. So just do what I do park in general parking go in and have a cup of coffee, snap a few pics and enjoy the great show worthy cars.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everybody from Cars and Coffee I am glad to be a new member here hope to meet you in the next event. I do not have an exotic car like most of you but I do have a very rare car that you dont see much going around nor do a lot of car guys out really really understand much about this car, in stock trim it has 400hp and 408 torque so far I have added an upgrade pulley and exhaust, hope to see you all soon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice Jag have you shown it at Supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills yet?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No I have not heard of that event in Woodland Hills, when do they do that event, is it a regular monthly thing?

Anonymous
    Inactive

drivesmileSupercar Sunday is every Sunday at Village Coffee Roaster in Woodland Hills at 23351 Mulholland Dr Woodland Hills, CA 91364. Jay Leno shows up from time to time along with other notables Like Ashley Van Dyke, VR Alexander.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok cool , I know VRAlexander we tuned (Autronic ECU) his 1000hp EVO 8 before, I have a shop at Granada Hills with my 2 other partners called TNT Motorsports, its located here in Granada Hills. I am looking forward to coming to the next event, hope to see you there…. by the way what time does this event usually start and end…

Anonymous
    Inactive

C&C from about 7 to 9 ish every Sat.
    Supercar Sunday @ VCR about the same every Sunday

Hope that helps

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.