New gathering place in Downtown LA?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi everybody! I’m new to the site, but I’ve gone down to C&C a few times in the past. I just wanted to see how many people would be interested in another meet location on Sunday mornings in Downtown LA? The Pep Boys Speed Shop would love to host you guys (and gals). Our VP gave us the go-ahead to start holding meets in our parking lot, so I would just like to see who would be interested. The location would be at the parking lot of our Pep Boys store at 1200 W. Washington Blvd at the corner of Washington and Hoover. Before anything is really set final, I would have to get the consent of my manager (shouldn’t take too long) and ensure we have logistics/security covered.

Again, this is really to gauge interest in having a meet at our location to allow us gear heads with a facility to provide a good meeting spot for other gear heads to meet and congregate.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Supercar Sunday is up the road a piece every Sunday morning so if the number of runners going in that direction are not at issue, then your offer sounds really good, I know a few that would go into LA for some fun.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would go! How big is the parking lot?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The lot is pretty big as it needs to have enough parking for both the store, regional office, AVON office and our 20+ service bays.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry I haven’t checked back in here in a bit. Whenever you guys are ready to start showing up, let me know! And you guys (and gals) are always welcome to swing by for any other meets as well!

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s too bad there isn’t too much web traffic on this forum otherwise you might be able to gain momentum and get this going. If you’re serious about setting this up you will want to post in the socal subforums on many of the other sites like F-chat, nsxprime, 6speedonline, honda-tech, etc etc etc…

Btw… doesn’t Pep Boys have store hours on Sundays? I really wouldn’t want to attend a car show where the parking lot has to be shared with regular shoppers. You won’t really attract the garage queens if this was the setup imo but that’s just me…

good luck!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wouldn’t mind a drive to C&C in Irvine, but Downtown LA sounds fun. Let me know if anything pops up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.