March 11th at McCabes

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

McCabes Pub in Southlands has asked if we could get some cars out for their 2nd annual St Baldricks event.

We had a good turn out last year and everyone seemed to have a great time.

I know it is early in the year, but hopefully the weather will be good.

There is limited space available, so as we did last year, please let me know if you plan on attending. Email me at 07turbo@comcast.net.

I plan on being there with a new 2012 Porsche Turbo S Edition 918 Spyder as long as the weather is good.

Anonymous
    Inactive

McCabes is giving all car owners that attend a $25 gift certificate. We still need some more cars, so let me know if you can attend.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What time is this set up for? No car, but a camera that is ready and willing to join the fun!

Anonymous
    Inactive

11-4. I just noticed I forgot to include that. Thanks for asking.

Hello, I’m new to the forum. Is there still space available for this event?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes. Please come out and join us.

nata01989_1963
    Participant

@RedGT 64841 wrote:

McCabes is giving all car owners that attend a $25 gift certificate. We still need some more cars, so let me know if you can attend.

I would like to thank everyone that showed up for a great cause this weekend. The event went better than can be expected! Thousands of dollars were raised to benefit children fighting cancer and the only cost was compensating Bill Barnett’s cars and coffee crew. For those of you that showed up for nothing else but to support an awesome cause I would like to say thank you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@DenverCO 65576 wrote:

I would like to thank everyone that showed up for a great cause this weekend. The event went better than can be expected! Thousands of dollars were raised to benefit children fighting cancer and the only cost was compensating Bill Barnett’s cars and coffee crew. For those of you that showed up for nothing else but to support an awesome cause I would like to say thank you.

Wow. A bar calls and asks a car club to set some nice cars out front to make a charity event more of a reason for people to come. The bar offers to give $25 gift certificates to the owners of these cars and you get your panties in a wad? You do realize a $25 gift certificate to a bar only really costs a bar a couple of dollars in actual costs right? Those cars out front may have easily brought in much more money than the cost of the certificates. Why if a bar offers to give certificates does it make the car owners *******s? Did you also give the bar owners crap for giving out these certificates? I’d be willing to bet most of these car owners spent more in that place alone than they were compensated. Sounds more like you have a personal axe to grind with the cars and coffee crew. Also funny how you just joined this forum to post your personal rant.

and no I was not there with my car.

Just my 2 cents

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bummer, I wanted to attend but had something else planned. Anyone get any photos?

-Jeff

Anonymous
    Inactive

This was the second time I have tried to help out McCabes, and it will be the last. Not only did they go back on their agreement to give all cars that showed up a $25 gift certificate, the manager of Southlands made cars leave because a fire truck was coming and they needed the space. Needless to say , the fire truck never showed up.

The manager of McCabes, came out and actually argued with me because too many cars showed up, even though I had spoke via phone on Thursday with the person that had asked for my help and told her how many cars were coming. She was thrilled at the turnout on Thursday, but then on Saturday afternoon she called and said the manager was not willing to give out that many gift certificates. I explained to her that I had no way to contact people and they had been told they would get a gift certificate. She told me they would take care of it. On Sunday when we showed up, she handed me 18 certificates instead of 30 that we had spoke about.

This is exactly why Cars and Coffee had to move from Southlands.

I suspect the poster above is the bar manager,since he referred to me by name.

Anonymous
    Inactive

asking for money to attend a charity event is BS IMO.

now you are calling foul. WTF

Anonymous
    Inactive

@robpp 65929 wrote:

asking for money to attend a charity event is BS IMO.

now you are calling foul. WTF

I never asked for anything—they offered. Here is her email. If you read the thread, you will see that I added the info about the gift certificate after her email–it wasn’t in the original thread.

Hello Bill,

Just wanted to send an email out to see if you have had any response from your forum about the Baldricks event March 11th? Like I said, we would be happy to issue $25 gift certificates to McCabes for all those that show up. Please let me know as we need to ensure we have either cars and coffee or another vendor to fill the slot.

Thank you Bill,
    Lisa Bargar
    McCabes Bistro and Pub

Make more sense now?

All I expected them to do is what they asked me to post on the forum. There was never any mention of a limit until Saturday afternoon before the event the next morning.

soareyes

If you’d like to attend a local event and help out a charity.. “Shine at The Shrine” is going to be every 2d Saturday. NO Fees, no nothing $ related. FREE COFFEE.. IF IF IF you’d care to donate to our charity, that would be fantastic. NO fee, no pressure… just come out and have fun and see some cool cars.

https://www.facebook.com/events/203424006421199/

anneniton
    Participant

Ill be there! gotta promote my business to local exotic car owners or performance junkies!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Denver’ is closed to new topics and replies.