makes me really mad

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Well at today’s show I noticed we had a new cop watching over it. Walking around I saw him with a notepad writing stuff down so I decided to see what was up. I saw him looking at all the cars writing down stuff so I had no idea what he was doing. Then he came over to me and my friends cars and started writing down a lot of our license plates so I got pretty mad. We asked him what he was doing and he said that he was writing down license plates of cars with possible illegal parts and such and hes going to look out for them on the road. I know there are a lot of guys at the show with their hood popped showing their crazy engines that usually have illegal stuff and now there’s going to be cops out for them..

I love this show and Ive been going every weekend for a long time and when I first saw the motorcycle cop we’ve had I was a little skeptical but he was a cool guy and was just there to watch over everything. But now, whats this show coming to? A place where cops can come and start writing down all the cars they need to look out for and bust for illegal stuff? come on, that’s pretty lame and it really ticks me off.

edit: in the last 2 sentences im not trying to bash the show, i noticed it kind of sounds like that

Anonymous

Understand why you’re mad, but remember that if not for the knuckleheads who couldn’t resist doing burnouts and simply play by the rules, the Irvine PD likely wouldn’t be there at all. I believe they were invited to attend to help keep the peace.

So, if you want to be really mad at someone, just look through this forum. It’s pretty easy to figure out who the knucklehads were / are.

Anonymous

Oh no, I think you took what I was saying the wrong way. I have no problem at all that Irvine PD is there, im actually glad they are there so it doesn’t jeopardize our event. What im saying is, they are there to watch over the event and make sure everything is in order, not to go around to cars writing down which ones have illegal things in them.

Anonymous

Can someone chime in on the legality or what this cop is doing? First of all, was this cop actually walking around looking at cars or was he just parked “listening” to possible illegal parts?

Hell, if he believes a car has illegal parts why doesn’t he just pull them over after they leave the private lot? Is he really going to remember all these cars on the road? Better yet what’s to stop him from just looking up your address by running your plates and coming by your house to give you a citation? Anyone?

Anonymous

Im surprised a lot of people haven’t given input on this, id say its something pretty serious…

I followed the cop around watching him scoping out cars and writing their plates down, as well as mine and my friends…

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is too bad about the cop targeting the cars at the event. Was he targeting import/tuner cars, or was going after any type of car?

Anonymous

Not sure, I know he was looking at all kinds of cars none specific

Anonymous

I agree with Max… If you are legal, then you should not have a problem with the police going around checking things out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.