Karr Track

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hey everyone, I just installed a “Karr Track” system in my GT. It is a GPS tracking system that you can use to track your car on line. If someone steals your car or trys to disable the system, it will call you on your cell phone. Then you can disable the car’s engine on line 😀

Has anyone had any experiences with this system?

Anonymous
    Inactive

sounds pretty slick. i dont know what i’d do if i found a guy who stole my car though

Anonymous
    JSGT;1215 wrote:
    Hey everyone, I just installed a “Karr Track” system in my GT. It is a GPS tracking system that you can use to track your car on line. If someone steals your car or trys to disable the system, it will call you on your cell phone. Then you can disable the car’s engine on line 😀

Has anyone had any experiences with this system?

do you know where they put the karr tacking device

Anonymous

Very cool. I was considering installing a system like this in my 550 but I didn’t know it dialed your sell when set off. Im sure you’ll have fun tracking the places you go for the first week or so with this new toy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Purchased used Audi A4 2.0T in May last year, dealer sold me Karr Track and it sounded great. No such thing!!
    The techs have been out to the system 4 times since instalation and it still gives off false triggers.
    Something to do with the fact that the A4’s alarm system has a 5v sounder so they have to wire the Karr Track to the hazzard flashers. Guess what… they flash each time you lock and unlock the doors!!!
    At $35 for 100 loctaes these can soon get used up when the device has a mind of its own. If I press the key twice to unlock all doors and then only open a rear door the system will send an alarm to my email and cell phone, if I open the drivers door and get in and drive off I get no alarm.
    This is maybe not the worst piece of technology I have purchased but it sure is the most expensive piece of junk I’ve had the error of judgement over.
    Don’t do it…. stick with Lo Jack!!
    The dealer in question has even stopped selling the device to it’s customers now, say’s it all really!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Also, what happens when you disable the ignition from your cell-phone while the perp is canyon carving in your baby? Power steering goes out… power brakes got out… perp has no idea how to drive… uh oh.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.