July 7 show

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dregatron
    Participant

New member, sorry if the question has already been answered. I spent some time reading old threads and am curious about the show this weekend –

Passes required?
    1990 RX7 GTUs, rare but not exotic or flashy, What are the odds it will get in?

I don’t mind arriving early, but would like to have some assurance I can get into the show.

VUJuan

No passes required to get in. The Japanese section fills up pretty quick, the earlier you get there the better. I normally get there 7 or earlier to get a good spot.

Looking forward to seeing the rx7.

Chase

dregatron
    Participant

Thanks – that’s pretty early in the morning to get up voluntarily on a Saturday 🙂 but I’ll plan to be there!

ZeeOne

Good to see more 7’s making it out there. I’ll be there in my red 93′ model; look forward to seeing yours.

BRABUS_E500
    Participant

If ya’ll run out of room or are denied tomorrow you are very welcome to come out to the Euless Trinity Park and Shine event. Trying to help reduce the stress!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

This show was the best one in quite awhile. This one and the two previous one had some changes, and because of those, this show has drastically improved in terms of quality. The only area that still needs improvement is overall organization. It was really annoying to see mixed cars in some of the rows. For example, one row was a mixture between Mustangs, a few Japanese cars, 2-3 Vipers, and a couple of old BMWs.

BRABUS_E500
    Participant

Maybe volunteers at each row guiding the correct car into the lanes? Its a lot of manpower but would be the surest way to get the cars lined up properly IMHO.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Nemesis* 69333 wrote:

Maybe volunteers at each row guiding the correct car into the lanes? Its a lot of manpower but would be the surest way to get the cars lined up properly IMHO.

I was thinking the same thing. Along with that, denote the sections better.

dregatron
    Participant

GREAT show! really enjoyed it. Free coffee, brats, excellent volunteers, what more could we want. Getting the cars into the right sections would be tough, they probably don’t know how many of what will show up. I rather enjoyed the mix&match on some of the lanes. It looked like they could have filled a lot 3 times as big, I saw a lot of folks just drive by and take off.

Good to see a few FD’s, mine was the only FC there till the v8 conversion showed up, and no fb’s at all? Room for improvement 🙂

ZeeOne

I think having car make signs on lots would help, maybe. To help more, have a volunteer or two standing at each make specific lot to ensure it is organized.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@mrb63083 69354 wrote:

I think having car make signs on lots would help, maybe.

When the show first started, they had flags for each section. Nowadays, I don’t see them. What happened to them? Here are a few pictures from the first two events I attended in 2009, that have the flags visible.
    2qsxiu1.jpg
    fx9ix5.jpg
    2lmw6de.jpg
    2u6ljls.jpg
    29atgcm.jpg

Hopefully Eric will chime in here. Not complaining really, but overall I believe the show would appear better if it was organized in some way. People who are looking for a specific car could go straight to one area instead of having to walk the whole lot. Kind of like your local grocery store, in some ways. You know where the bread is, the milk, the canned goods, and so on.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Dallas’ is closed to new topics and replies.