I will be in Cali from august 2 to 28

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Dawweerie
    Participant

Hi at all,

I’m Gabriele and I’m the organiser of Cars and Coffee Torino in Italy.
    This summer I’m coming in Californian for vacation during all the month of august. I will be in Malibu and I absolutly want to come to visit Cars and Coffee Irvine, also because I have some little presents for Brent and the Staff of C&C Irvine.

I just need some information: I know that the perfect time to arrive there is from 6 a.m., I know the place where the event is held. I read that when there is Pabble Beach, Cars and Coffee is closed. Is it true? When it will be closed?
    And most important: is Cars and Coffee on saturday or sunday morning? I will be in Cali from august 2, so should i came there the 4 of august (saturday) the 5 (sunday) of august?

Also i would like to aks you if there are any others amazing gathering or autoshow in that period in Cali
    Thanks soo much

Gab

benzjed
    Participant

Wow, welcome to SoCal (that’s what we call Southern California) and hope you enjoy your stay. Malibu is nice. I went to school there.

You must have seen quite a few nice cars that we will never get to see here, being at C&C Torino. I guess the only thing here that will be special will be the American classics like muscle cars and old Cadillacs or Packards. You must be bored with Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and other modern Euro makes that are everywhere there.

C&C Irvine is every Saturday morning and best arrival time is 530-600am but if you are not exhibiting, you can get there even by 7am and you should be okay.

Are you planning to go every Saturday morning or just the August 4th one? Also, there are other regular gatherings all the time in SoCal such as Supercar Sunday which is in Woodland Hills which is actually very close to you in Malibu, just over the canyons to the 101 freeway. That takes place every Sunday morning and it’s more modern supercars like the McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.

Last Thursday every month, there is an Euro gathering in Laguna Niguel, but that is pretty far away. You can actually google Southern California Car Gathering and find a website that lists every event for every night. There’s always something going on.

Dawweerie
    Participant

Hi Notorius, thanks soo much for your answer.

First of all I would like to explain you the situation here in Europe (Monaco and London excluded)in Europe is not very easy to see supercars as Ferrari or Lamborghini because of a lot of things: the economical situation in Europe is critical now and people don’t like to show off in this period. Also you have to remember that SoCal is one of the ricest place in the world so you have an incredible concentration of amazing cars.

So C&C is every saturday morning: we are going to came ALL the saturday of august until august 28! I will be there with a friend of mine that is studing in Malibu and he has a Mustang Shelby GT500 tuned (946 hp), it’s black with a matt black stripe in the middle and it’s amazing. Do you think that we can park in the exhibition lot or not? We are coming at 5.30 a.m.

I have read that the event “Supercar Sunday” in Woodland Hills is only the last sunday of every month: is it true or not? Because it’s very near to Malibu!

Thanks soo much for all the information

Gabriele

Anonymous

@El Moro 69049 wrote:

Hi Notorius, thanks soo much for your answer.

First of all I would like to explain you the situation here in Europe (Monaco and London excluded)in Europe is not very easy to see supercars as Ferrari or Lamborghini because of a lot of things: the economical situation in Europe is critical now and people don’t like to show off in this period. Also you have to remember that SoCal is one of the ricest place in the world so you have an incredible concentration of amazing cars.

So C&C is every saturday morning: we are going to came ALL the saturday of august until august 28! I will be there with a friend of mine that is studing in Malibu and he has a Mustang Shelby GT500 tuned (946 hp), it’s black with a matt black stripe in the middle and it’s amazing. Do you think that we can park in the exhibition lot or not? We are coming at 5.30 a.m.

I have read that the event “Supercar Sunday” in Woodland Hills is only the last sunday of every month: is it true or not? Because it’s very near to Malibu!

Thanks soo much for all the information

Gabriele

Hello Gab,

Notorious already provided you answers to most of your questions. As a car enthusiast, I go to Cars and Coffee in Irvine from time to time. Great fun. I’ve also been to Super Car Sunday on a few occasions. That event is held each Sunday, typically with a themed event on the last Sunday of the month. August 26 is slated for Ford GT/Shelby/Cobra day but all makes and models will be on hand.

I will be sure to attend C&C during the month of August. Perhaps we’ll meet somehow. Although I have never been to Italy (yet!), I am enamored with the culture, food, countryside, cars, and people. It would be fun to meet a genuine Italian. First time here?

PS. While there are no formal rules to what cars can park in the C&C display lot, your friend’s GT500 is certainly welcome and will be in good company along with many other late model performance cars. Ciao!

Steve

Anonymous

Dear Gab,

Cars and coffee is every Saturday, as described, 7am to 9am. But you will find a very low count of significant cars and “car guys” around the 2 weekends of the Monterey car events. August 11 (Monterey Pre-Reunion races) and August 18 (Monterey Reunion, Pebble Beach, Ouail Motorsports Gathering, Concourso Italiano, tours, Auctions, etc., etc., etc.) will pull a lot of people north to Monterey. For those of us participating in those events we are pretty busy preparing cars the weeks ahead of the event so we ususaly don’t get a chance to attend C&C late July and early August. The August 25 C&C may be your best event though some of us are still recovering from the weeks before. If you have the opportyunity to attend the Monterey events during the August 11 through August 28 time period it would be well worth your journey. Monterey is only about 450 miles north of LA, or as we SoCal natives say about 5 – 6 hours away. If you can at all make it to Monterey those days, that is the place to be. John Clinard, saving grace for, and the man in charge of the irvine C&C gathering, will be in Monterey during that time as Ford is quite involved in the celebration of Carroll Shelby to held at the Laguna Seca race track.

GregJ

Anonymous

I would also think there is a good posibility that the Irvine C&C might not be held August 18…

Anonymous

Most of your questions have been answered, but yes John and Linda Clinard are the organizers of C&C. Last year while they were up in Pebble some of us regulars actually took their place and helped run the event. We’ll see what they decide to do this year.

As far as other car events, how about car museums? You can visit the Nethercutt Collection which is in Sylmar, CA. It is not too far from Malibu and includes a lot of rare vintage stuff. You can also, and I strongly recommend you do, visit the Mullin Automotive Museum: http://www.mullinautomotivemuseum.com/tickets–information.html

Dawweerie
    Participant

Thanks soo much!

All your answers have been precious.
    I will came to visit you at C&C Irvine and you will recognize me beacuse I will wear this polo (I’m the one in the right of the picture).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3157[/ATTACH]

benzjed
    Participant

@El Moro 69159 wrote:

Thanks soo much!

All your answers have been precious.
    I will came to visit you at C&C Irvine and you will recognize me beacuse I will wear this polo (I’m the one in the right of the picture).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3157[/ATTACH]

Wow, you’re a young’un. This will be quite the adventure for you then to see SoCal natives and their car culture on full display.

So, like everyone said, if C&C is cancelled for a few weekends, you can always go to the Supercar Sunday anyway.

Also, there is the Petersen Automotive Museum on Wilshire Boulevard in the Mid-Wilshire area. There are also good restaurants around there as well as the La Brea Tar Pits, a popular tourist attraction.

I just might go down to Irvine C&C and meet you one of these weekends. I don’t go a lot because it’s kinda far and the last time I went, it cost me $200 on top of the gas and whatnot… long story… but anyway, SoCal is very rich in car culture. We have to be, everywhere is a drive, there is no close walking things for the most part for us.

Keep in touch on this thread and let us know about how your SoCal trip is going. We’re all very interested to know how you’re liking it.

P.S. I do love all things Italian… having owned 2 Aprilias, 1 MV Agusta, and 3 Ducatis so far. Can’t say I have owned any Italian cars yet… but it’s not for lack of desire, that’s for sure.

Dawweerie
    Participant

Hi guys!

I’m coming to visit you on the 4th of august!!! I will be there with a friend… see u in the morning!

Ciao

drandolph
    Participant

We will also be present at C&C this Saturday with one of our Bentley Continental GT development cars.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

The Superlative Autosport Team.

Zs V

The C&C veterans have pretty much answered all of your questions.

But to suggest one good car place to visit, one that you can go to pretty much after Cars and Coffee Irvine is the Marconi Automotive Museum in Tustin, California. It has many great and rare cars like a Jaguar XJ220 S, one of Aryton Senna’s Mclaren F1 cars, a Cizeta Moroder V16T, and one of Michael Schumacher’s Ferrari F1 cars. It is also, basically, a place of charity. A lot of the proceeds go to organizations to help children in need AND you can get to see many nice cars. Plus, on Sunday, August 5th in Tustin, there’s a car event going on called the Million Dollar Breakfast cruise.

Also here’s a link to a website with a lot information on the car events happening in Southern California:

http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.