Hey.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

…………………..

Anonymous
    Kolbis789;14191 wrote:
    Hey everybody,

My name is Colby and I am new to the site. I live in SoCal and really enjoy all types of cars. I hope to make my way down to CnC Irvine soon. My grandparents have a CTS-V with 6-speed manualdrivesmile. Are these okay to put into the show or are there specifications for the show?

Thanks,
    Colby

If you like it and are willing to get up early enough to get a spot you win. The more interesting cars that like to sleep in and then complain about no spots can park across the street. IMHO

Anonymous
    Kolbis789;14191 wrote:
    Hey everybody,

My name is Colby and I am new to the site. I live in SoCal and really enjoy all types of cars. I hope to make my way down to CnC Irvine soon. My grandparents have a CTS-V with 6-speed manualdrivesmile. Are these okay to put into the show or are there specifications for the show?

Thanks,
    Colby

i hope your grandparents like to drive fast, because i’d like to get a good exit video of a cts-v. its a fast car, and should be driven fast. just dont do burnouts or anything because the C&C supervisor people dont like that

Anonymous

Who the hell says you get to be judge. Oh I’m sorry. You think this is every other country that youv’e invaded. This is America. Remember we kicked your ass out. We don’t care about your bullsh.. Go to somewhere like Pebble Beach or something.hellosmile

Anonymous

By the way Max I never said doing burnouts. Peeling out or anything like that was cool.

Anonymous

Opinions are just that, opinions. In post #7 all I read is ” I “, I did not ever see the word ” we “. So I take it that your opinion is the only one that counts.

The brand of car driven does not set the qualification for you to be making the statements that you do. You have this way of not answering questions posed of you to set your qualifications for your opinions. So let me ask again in plain English.

1) Do you or do you not have the backing of C&C to be setting policy for the Irvine event? Or are you just self appointed.

There is no status indicators under your board name to indicate that your opinion matters to anyone but you. If I need to I will pose these concerns to the powers that be.

Perhaps a mission statemnet from C&C would be helpful here.

pladmin
    Keymaster

Please everyone play nice. Everyone is allowed to express their opinion. If you don’t like someones opinion you are free to let them know, but please do so with respect. If it gets out of control we will close the thread.

Anonymous

Peace out………….

Anonymous

after reading through this list of postings I choose not to state what I personally feel, but rather say there are good points on both sides of the argument. The only thing I wish to point out is that speeding out fast can result in just as many issues as doing burnouts. For those who have not paid attention to the history of Cars and Coffee should watch this short video, it shows that it doesn’t take burnouts to create huge issues, fast acceleration can do just the same.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=QpLqCxa4ee0

Anonymous

Cool video. Torque to weight ratio exceeding skill to IQ ratio or something like that.

Cars&Coffee can’t possibly make everyone happy. My opinions falls pretty much in line with Max. Because of that I greatly prefer attendance at special focus car events. Italian days or Brit days or muscle car days etc etc etc. I can only stand so many silver BMW’s and black mustangs with racing stripes. Even reading chrome SHELBY letters on the black mustang just doesn’t float my boat anymore. I’ve got an F150, a Civic, an S2000 a Solara, and a Tiger. Guess which 4 will not ever be in the show lot ?

Steve

Anonymous
    Kolbis789;14191 wrote:
    Hey everybody,

Thanks,
    Colby

Lets take a step back here. I took Max’s advise and contacted the powers that be.

The rules are:
    Car of quality and of interest are to be in the lot by 6:30, at 6:31 the lot is then opened to anyone that wishes to show their car. No exception until the lot is full.

Max was discribed to me as a long time valued member of the forum and on the site. I agree with him on the need for following the rules as it pertains to safety and how you conduct yourself on entering and leaving the site 100%. I do feel he has the outlook for what is best for C&C in those specific items. It was my opinion that C&C was bigger than just the cars and is also about the people that drive the cars. IMHO I do not agree with the way the self proclaimed ” outspoken Limey ” badgers other members.

Life is short and you will be judged by how one conducts ones self during that time.

The poster most likely does not have a car of intrest and may not even drive, hence his grandparents car. I do not care for people who have no compassion for the future attendies of C&C. The poster does seem to have a passion for cars and may some day have a car of interest. I feel that there should have been choices according to the rules given to the poster, instead of the gruff answer of no go park somewhere else. I for one would think that a valued member perhaps would post all the information and have a bit more compassion for others.

Kolbis789 What you need to understand about opinions is:

Opinions are one persons way of thinking to force their personal take on a give topic and their attempt to control you thoughts and actions.

In my opinion is, show up at 6:31 and park where you like, just make sure it is shinney.

I will now complete my posting on this topic and turn it over to Max ( as I know he will need to have the last word). :FAIL!:

Anonymous

I sure hope the venue doesn’t turn into “Max’s Cars & Coffee” or “Cars & Coffee Elite”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think we’re straying from the point.

I also have a CTS-V. Yes it’s cool, it’s fast, it’s nasty, but it’s also relatively common. I don’t think the organizers necessarily want in the exhibit due to the limited space space they have. The exhibit’s reserved for more rare, exotic, and just outright different stuff…things you won’t see every day.

I also have two Jaguars, a 1970 E-Type OTS (left hand drive) and a 1967 340 (right hand drive). THOSE might be a bit more exhibit-type things. I’ve never tried to exhibit either one (they’re nowhere near concourse quality and probably won’t be…I drive them too much).

That being said, if you like cars and want to look, talk, and drool over things automobilish (yes, I invented that word), that’s really what C&C is all about. There’s nothing stopping you from coming down and “jollificating with the peasantry”. Don’t let some of the more boorish folk discourage you. Like any group of people, you’ll get a few bad apples but for the most part, you’ll find most of the gang pretty nice folk to know.

Anonymous
    Max;14404 wrote:
    (There may have been some sarcasm in the previous paragraph too)

Glad he explained that. The people laughing at your opinions thought it was just Limey humor. hellosmile

Now he will be known as the small ( little no dought, i’ll take his word on it ) drug dealers omlet. Perhaps the opinions come from a smaller issue.

Anonymous
    Kolbis789;14191 wrote:
    Hey everybody,

Thanks,
    Colby

-Colby, bring it. I’d like to see it, even though I’m not a particular fan of the CTS (V or otherwise). C&C is about automotive enthusiasm and you are obviously enthusiastic thumbup

Don’t worry about the opinions of those who just spend their time trying to bring others down. Those actions are the opposite of enthusiastic thumbsdown

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.