Great free sign for your car

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

“Please look, don’t touch!” Seems obvious and should be unnecessary, but sometimes good sense is lacking at our gatherings. Not that it would be difficult to come up with a design of your own, but this is a nice pre-made sign design from the folks over at Old Cars Weekly. Just follow this link and print it out. Or maybe we can figure out a way to run off a batch of these with the C&C logo and hand them out to the attendees for a few weeks.

http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/Default.aspx?tabid=2283

We’ve probably all seen it happen at car shows — someone puts their kid on the hood of a car or has their girlfriend drape herself around the fender to pose for a picture. Maybe they just walk up to a cool car and start poking and prodding bits and pieces to see what they do. How about the folks who think they can just pop open the door and plop themselves into the seats to check out the interior. Believe it or not it happens way more than it should.

Now I’m not one of those people who thinks cars are so sacred that they CAN’T be touched, but the notion that somebody thinks it’s okay to walk up to someone else’s ride and start touching it makes me sick. Wait for an invitation from the owner or at least ask first. Sometimes people seem to think that just because they wouldn’t mind someone touching THEIR car, another person shouldn’t care about them touching theirs.

I was actually at a brunch on Sunset last weekend with some exotic car owners. A woman sitting in the same seating section got up with her 2 or 3 year old kid and walked over to the cars — grubby fingers from eating and all. She had the little girl steady herself against the nose of a Lamborghini for about 30 seconds while she took some pics. The poor guy who owned the car just sat there looking at us and her as if to say, “Can you believe this? Right in front of us?” So rather than make a scene he just sat back down and finished his meal. Turned out to be syrup all over the car and he had to have it detailed to get it off. Doesn’t it seem the woman should have had the sense to ask if it was okay? It would have at least given him the chance to ask to have her hands cleaned off.

People just seem to have a mentality of “Well, I’m not going to DO anything to your car. I’m just touching it.” They don’t understand how the finish on these high-end cars is a big part of what makes them valuable and that these owners tend to want to keep their cars looking their best. Little scratches from rings and fasteners and zippers show up on people’s cars all the time. Even dings from swinging handbags or strollers. I even had a friend get a large dent from a gentleman in another show car because he just swung his door wide when he got out. I hope people know to be respectful of other people’s property, but maybe signs like these will help remind people to be more mindful.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i think cliff has a story to tell you about careless people..

Anonymous

Ask before you touch, the key rule to admiring cars. 🙂

Anonymous

@CurtC 981 wrote:

i think cliff has a story to tell you about careless people..

You mean the guy with the huge cigar that dumped his burning embers on the bonnet of my car. I’m a pretty mild-mannered guy, some people saw me lose it that day:rolleyes:

Another one – on the way home from C&C, I stopped by Starbucks for a cup of Joe. When I came outside, there were two kids sitting on the bonnet. The dad was standing by – no camera. One kid started to slide off and straddled one of my rally lights. I asked the guy what he was doing with his kids. I asked him to get his kids off my car. I asked him again. He just stood there. My facial demeanor changed drastically and as I started over to remove his kids, he dashed over and got them off my car. He didn’t understand English, but he did understand body language.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i honestly hate when i see those signs on cars, as it should go without saying. i think that it’d be better to have the signs around the car show.

Anonymous
    sideache;986 wrote:
    You mean the guy with the huge cigar that dumped his burning embers on the bonnet of my car. I’m a pretty mild-mannered guy, some people saw me lose it that day:rolleyes:

That better have not been on purpose.

Heres another idea for a free sign, “NO SMOKING WITHIN 5 FEET OF THIS CAR.”

Anonymous

I have taught all 3 of my kids to stay 2 feet away from any car…. It goes without saying…. I see it all the time in my business…. Door dings and scratches….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.