Grand Sport Content

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

No general picture forum section, so I decided to post here.

Spur of the moment photo shoot that my father wanted to do this morning since he’s going to sell the car. Not sure how I felt about the weather though. Thought I’d share with you guys.

IMG_6657.jpg

IMG_6616.jpg

IMG_6651.jpg

IMG_6617.jpg

IMG_6619.jpg

IMG_6620.jpg

IMG_6622.jpg

IMG_6627.jpg

IMG_6628.jpg

IMG_6631.jpg

IMG_6635.jpg

IMG_6638.jpg

IMG_6643.jpg

IMG_6646.jpg

IMG_6647.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Josh 4708 wrote:

Awesome!!! Where did you shoot that?

I believe it is the Marriot? in Dana Point. Looks over the harbor. There’s also a similar place that looks over the golf course at my work. I have a photoshoot planned for my car there when I get it. 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excellent pictures. The color of the car just stands out so well. Great car, blue skies in the background would have been nice, but pictures are great anyway.

How do I learn to take picture half as good as that?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@fbody_mike 4712 wrote:

Excellent pictures. The color of the car just stands out so well. Great car, blue skies in the background would have been nice, but pictures are great anyway.

How do I learn to take picture half as good as that?

Thank you for the kind comments! Yea, I would’ve loved blue skies with the ocean in the back, but the weather on the coast has not been permitting that these last few days.

You could always take some photography classes, but in my opinion I think learning on your own is much better. Join a photography forum (Canon: Photography-on-the.net) and read and search about anything you are curious about. Experiment with different angles and view other work to see what kind of methods their using. And if you have any questions never hesitate to ask on the forums because that is what can help increase your skill. If you have any questions or are wondering about anything shoot me a PM.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Max 4740 wrote:

I think that the stormy skies make those shots !

You see too many people trying to take shots like this in bright-bright sunlight then attempting to cope with the uber-harsh shadows and terrible reflections, in (most of) these shots the lighting is great, subdued and scattered. There are no hideous reflections and lens flares on display and the composition of couple of the shots is dead-on.

As for the car ?

Well it is not my thing at all, if it where real I would be drooling all over it, but as a lovingly created recreation I can see its appeal, but part of me argues that it is a horrible waste of a Corvette :thumbdown:

Anyway, Austin – these are the best shots I have ever seen from you – nice job !

Thanks man I appreciate that. :thumbup: The only problem with the weather was the sun kept poking out even though it was very cloudy and some parts of the car kept getting over exposed and blown out. Had to be fix a few in post processing. It was nice to get out and shoot something different than Cars and Coffee for once (even though it still involved cars), since I’ve been so busy with work and other things.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Irvine Pictures and Video’ is closed to new topics and replies.