Forum content ???

  • This topic has 16 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #126829
    Anonymous
    Guest

    In response to your answer in the Where’s Max thread….

    Since when did Max or any other member get the right to have all content deleted, theirs and many others as well ? If you want to throw Max out or he wants to quit either way how do you figure you serve the community to delete the opinions of 100 people about rules/guidlines for C&C or any other topic just because Max made a post ?

    Please point out the threads that are subject to future deletion so I won’t bother trying to add anything. Oh wait,
    that’s probably every thread.

    Steve

    #131052
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Sownman;16439 wrote:
    In response to your answer in the Where’s Max thread….

    Since when did Max or any other member get the right to have all content deleted, theirs and many others as well ? If you want to throw Max out or he wants to quit either way how do you figure you serve the community to delete the opinions of 100 people about rules/guidlines for C&C ?

    Steve

    Yes,

    All my posts are gone now too. Seems rather strange to delete all the threads Max started and everyones that responded as well ? Max took his marbles and went home. Why delete everything else too?

    #131049
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    completely inappropriate to be deleting threads like they have.. admins and mods need to have a better sense of judgment. People should think before they post in the first place. Obliterating threads and posts because a person regrets his post is ridiculous.

    #131051
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Razor;16455 wrote:
    completely inappropriate to be deleting threads like they have.. admins and mods need to have a better sense of judgment. People should think before they post in the first place. Obliterating threads and posts because a person regrets his post is ridiculous.

    Could not agree more. I am new here and when the threads Max started were deleted. So too were my few posts. It would have been proper for HIM to change the links to his photos on HIS server if he cared about his pictures being on your site that he linked in his threads and posting.

    But deleting all the discussions related to the threads IMHO was
    in error.

    #131043
    pladmin
    Keymaster

    The reason why all of his content was removed is because we received threats from him. He said if all of his posts were not removed than he would redirect his photos to pr0n. Obviously, we weren’t able to take a risk like that.

    See his correspondence below:



    Please take this e-mail as notice to remove all content and all linkage that is associated with my username and my sites.

    This is to include, but is not limited to

    – Posts
    – Images used in other places both with and without watermarks
    – signatures
    – quoted text
    – references to me

    You have until 13hrs today to comply. (That is 1PM pacific)

    Clear enough ?


    Max Nealon


    Then followed by our response:


    We have removed the threads you started (which includes pictures you posted), but not every post you created. That is the extent of what we will do.

    followed by his follow-up:

    Well you had better hope that I did not leave you any easter eggs !

    those 1×1 pixels that blow up suddenly are terrible.

    Oh and did you find all of my persona’s yet ?

    If you are smart, you may figure out that I arguing with myself on
    more than one occasion 🙂

    Like I said – remove it all !


    The issue of copyright is up in the air as to who is owner of the content, the poster, or the forum. The issue tilts to the person who made the post. Hopefully you all will understand why we agreed to his requests. It is not something we wanted to do, but we also don’t want to take the risk that he will redirect all of the urls of his pics tosomething inappropriate (which can easily be done), or take the risk that we will be taken to court to fight over such childish nonsense.

    #131039
    Anonymous
    Guest
    BMF;16471 wrote:
    The issue of copyright is up in the air as to who is owner of the content, the poster, or the forum. The issue tilts to the person who made the post. Hopefully you all will understand why we agreed to his requests. It is not something we wanted to do, but we also don’t want to take the risk that he will redirect all of the urls of his pics tosomething inappropriate (which can easily be done), or take the risk that we will be taken to court to fight over such childish nonsense.

    Actually it’s not. The forum owns its database. I happen to operate another forum using VB software. It’s pretty easy to state in the registration document that C&C forum offers a three day ability to edit or delete posts to every member making said posts. After three days all posts, pictures or articles are considered to be a permanent part of the database and will be removed or not at the sole discretion of the C&C forum owners, not the member who made the post. All members who post here do so of their own free will and by posting accept the terms.

    Pictures, articles, or posts will NEVER be used by C&C forum to sell or charge for in anyway and C&C forum claims no copyright ownership of any members posted materials BUT 3 days after posting they become part of C&C forum database, for permanent display on this website, in the manner
    currently seen. There will NEVER be a “Best of C&C” coffee table book.

    The problem with what you did is you could easily have deleted only Max if that was his request and your choice but you deleted me and everyone else also. Not much point in participating here.

    Steve

    #131047
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Who cares if our posts are gone, at least Max is gone now.

    Just reading his requests makes him sound like a pansy.

    #131038
    Anonymous
    Guest
    viper689;16481 wrote:
    Who cares if our posts are gone, at least Max is gone now.

    I think I made that pretty clear. I care. As far as I can see Max if for no reason other than his pictures contributed more than anyone else I see here. I only noticed the missing material because I came to see the Feb 21st set, then noticed Feb 14th was gone, and everything was gone.

    Steve

    #131045
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    The statements put forth above about the agreement joining the forums would work, only if the images were hosted on the root server. I for one think that the pictures, etc should be kept as he decided to post them here, but since they are hotlinked it puts the forum at risk. He can change any photo at any time which would result the photo threads consequently changing on here.

    I just read all the nonsense posted on the ‘other’ forum and I find this entire debacle quite silly. If you’re banned or removed deal with it, you most likely deserved it, but to go on another forum while whining, posting screenshots, etc is very immature.

    I haven’t participated in this heated three-week discussion and will most likely say anymore, but after reading the separate forum threads I just wanted to put my word in.

    #131040
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Wow, even in person he looked like a troll.

    #131050
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    BMF;16471 wrote:
    The reason why all of his content was removed is because we received threats from him. He said if all of his posts were not removed than he would redirect his photos to pr0n. Obviously, we weren’t able to take a risk like that.

    hmm.. that’s actually understandable and thanks for clarifying.
    Didn’t know the guy well, but what a basket case :nuts:

    #131053
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Razor;16498 wrote:
    hmm.. that’s actually understandable and thanks for clarifying.
    Didn’t know the guy well, but what a basket case :nuts:

    Glad its all cleared up.

    Just my 2 Cents here.
    Personally I think the entire concept of Cars and Coffee needs to stay as uncommercial as possible. Thats part of the reason its so popular and successful. Its great a few guys like to take pictures of the cars as a hobby. But in their zeal to turn that hobby into a profitable business they have violated what I consider the “Prime Directive”. Commercialization
    and profit off attending the weekly show.
    You guys know who you are/were. I see that same “Zeal” as you push your carts loaded with camera gear around on Saturdays too.
    Same with all the guys handing out flyers. Please. No Thank You.
    Putting a small For Sale sign on your car is one thing. But profiting from attending the show should be disallowed beyond that. 🙂

    #131042
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Where’s the Irvine marker gone on the map?

    http://usa.carsandcoffee.info/
    spooky

    #131048
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    bltserv;16616 wrote:
    Glad its all cleared up.

    Just my 2 Cents here.
    Personally I think the entire concept of Cars and Coffee needs to stay as uncommercial as possible. Thats part of the reason its so popular and successful. Its great a few guys like to take pictures of the cars as a hobby. But in their zeal to turn that hobby into a profitable business they have violated what I consider the “Prime Directive”. Commercialization
    and profit off attending the weekly show.
    You guys know who you are/were. I see that same “Zeal” as you push your carts loaded with camera gear around on Saturdays too.
    Same with all the guys handing out flyers. Please. No Thank You.
    Putting a small For Sale sign on your car is one thing. But profiting from attending the show should be disallowed beyond that. 🙂

    Yeah I agree with you. Its very annoying just seeing people handing things out, putting flyers on their cars… I bring my camera and take lots of pictures but they’re just for my personal use. I have a folder with with all the different cars I’ve seen so far at C&C.

    #131046
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    @bltserv 16616 wrote:

    Glad its all cleared up.

    Just my 2 Cents here.
    Personally I think the entire concept of Cars and Coffee needs to stay as uncommercial as possible. Thats part of the reason its so popular and successful. Its great a few guys like to take pictures of the cars as a hobby. But in their zeal to turn that hobby into a profitable business they have violated what I consider the “Prime Directive”. Commercialization
    and profit off attending the weekly show.
    You guys know who you are/were. I see that same “Zeal” as you push your carts loaded with camera gear around on Saturdays too.
    Same with all the guys handing out flyers. Please. No Thank You.
    Putting a small For Sale sign on your car is one thing. But profiting from attending the show should be disallowed beyond that. 🙂

    I don’t think any pictures taken at Cars and Coffee have turned into a profitable business. Sure I have ads on my site, but do I make anything to call it a profit? No. I spend more money a month taking pictures, server costs, etc to provide pictures to all the car enthusiast forums and I’m sure this goes for most people that take pictures.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.