First Time at C&C – Crashed my car

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Well today (11-29) was my first day at C&C and I must say I had a blast and was stoked on how nice everyone was. Unfortunatly, the fun did not last. When I was getting on the 5 south to head home, my rear tire blew out and I ended up down the embankment. Everyone was ok but it was kinda a bummer to say the least.

Anonymous

Yes sir, that was me. The cop that helped us out was totally cool. Just put a new tire on it and it drives fine, just has some body damage that I am not to happy about.

Anonymous
    Max;10939 wrote:
    From what I saw, you where very, very lucky – I just saw someone standing by the road as I accelerated onto the straight, I only only caught a glimpse of the car, its position and the fact that people where moving – by the time I looped back the cops where showing up.

if it is any consolation I nearly high-sided myself into oblivion getting on the throttle way too early at that bend – it is tricky, off-camber and the grip is very inconsistent there…..

Yea, in my previous car I used to charge that corner all the time. This time I wasnt going very fast, I am still not used to the AMG, but the rear passanger tire completely came off the rim. The car was just delivered on wednesday so I am hoping, but not counting on it, that the dealer willl take care of it. We will see….

Anonymous

Wow, what a bummer. Glad you guys made it out okay.

Anonymous

I was behind you & saw you go off the road so called 911 ASAP!
    Glad all is well and no one was injured. Sorry about your car…

You may want to have the tire that came off the rim inspected to see the date that it was made, it will be on the sidewall in a code.
    Although it may be a new tire sometimes they sit a while, believe it or not, up to 10 years old and are sold as new. Then you can present your problem to the dealer and you have more leverage to negotiate. Just a thought…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.