Displaying at Cars & Coffee

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    atifg
    Participant

Apologies if this is answered somewhere on the forum but I searched and couldn’t find an answer. I have a 1991 NSX that I need to sell and was hoping to display it at Irvine Cars and Coffee. What is the protocol? Is this allowed and if so how do I reserve a spot? Thank you.

benzjed
    Participant

@natemc 72447 wrote:

Apologies if this is answered somewhere on the forum but I searched and couldn’t find an answer. I have a 1991 NSX that I need to sell and was hoping to display it at Irvine Cars and Coffee. What is the protocol? Is this allowed and if so how do I reserve a spot? Thank you.

Just show up early and put a for sale sign on it. No reservations are required nor needed for CnC. All spots are first come first serve… unless some special arrangements are made or it’s special marque day.

I’ve seen a lot of cars parked in the display area with for sale signs.

Anonymous

Cars and Coffee is a loose gathering of like minded “car guys.” For sale signs and literature are not supposed to be displayed. Frankly some do (they are the extreme exception) but it is frowned upon!!! C&C is a place and time to come and enjoy sharing your car with others who appreciate everything automotive/bike related. Putting a for sale sign on it is like going to your best friends party and trying to sell real estate to everyone there – just not done.

benzjed
    Participant

@GregJ 72464 wrote:

Cars and Coffee is a loose gathering of like minded “car guys.” For sale signs and literature are not supposed to be displayed. Frankly some do (they are the extreme exception) but it is frowned upon!!! C&C is a place and time to come and enjoy sharing your car with others who appreciate everything automotive/bike related. Putting a for sale sign on it is like going to your best friends party and trying to sell real estate to everyone there – just not done.

I’m not saying put big flashing signs and those arrow signs like they use for open house and use a bullhorn and pass out flyers… but parking your car, and leaving a little for sale sign on the dash or having a few for sale flyers pinned on the wiper blade for people to take if they want one, is not out of the ordinary. Seen it more than enough times there.

Besides, some “like minded” car guy might like his car and want to add it to his collection.

Anonymous

As an original C&C attendee I absolutely disagree. Yes, people do put for sale signs on thier cars. BUT that is out of character for the gathering. It is just a gathering of car guys taking their car out for a quick spin and a place to meet – admittedly that has all gotten out of hand and size but where do you draw the line. There are forums and places to sell a car, the chatracter and intent of C&C is NOT to be one of them. Do some pople abuse the privelege and opportunity, yes. Has that abuse been going on from the beginning, yes from the early days where the local Lambo dealer used to bring his traveling sale show to Crystal Cove. Nothing turns me off faster than to see someone with a for sale sign in the window of their car at C&C. If fact their is a standing understood rule,” no for sale signs.” But John and Linda are too nice of people to run around and make a stink about it. If selling your car is that important and you need to show it at C&C stabnd around the car and talk to the interested people looking at it. There is plenty of time to work in the opportunity to tell them it is for sale. There are some VERY promient auto dealers and aftermarket shops that regularly attend C&C. They do not have for sale signs on their cars, they understand the place for that is not at C&C.

benzjed
    Participant

@GregJ 72493 wrote:

As an original C&C attendee I absolutely disagree. Yes, people do put for sale signs on thier cars. BUT that is out of character for the gathering. It is just a gathering of car guys taking their car out for a quick spin and a place to meet – admittedly that has all gotten out of hand and size but where do you draw the line. There are forums and places to sell a car, the chatracter and intent of C&C is NOT to be one of them. Do some pople abuse the privelege and opportunity, yes. Has that abuse been going on from the beginning, yes from the early days where the local Lambo dealer used to bring his traveling sale show to Crystal Cove. Nothing turns me off faster than to see someone with a for sale sign in the window of their car at C&C. If fact their is a standing understood rule,” no for sale signs.” But John and Linda are too nice of people to run around and make a stink about it. If selling your car is that important and you need to show it at C&C stabnd around the car and talk to the interested people looking at it. There is plenty of time to work in the opportunity to tell them it is for sale. There are some VERY promient auto dealers and aftermarket shops that regularly attend C&C. They do not have for sale signs on their cars, they understand the place for that is not at C&C.

Well, there you go, Nate, there is an unstated rule that you don’t do that. You heard from an original attendee, which I am not.

atifg
    Participant

Thanks guys, I’m enjoying the spirited discussion. Having been coming to C&C off and on since back when it was in Crystal Cove I know the main focus is the camaraderie. I just didn’t know the protocol for selling since, as Notorious pointed out, its quite common to see the signs. But for me, I’ll just show up and enjoy. There are enough NSX fans around SoCal that I don’t think I’ll have trouble selling it by some other means.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Irvine’ is closed to new topics and replies.