Digital SLR camera stolen from car at LV C&C

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I suppose it’s my own fault for not watching my digital SLR camera like a hawk. It was sitting behind my front seat during last week’s C&C. The car was unlocked, as a couple of people had asked to look at the interior.

Even though I was standing very near the car, the thief still managed to get it out from behind the seat without me seeing it. I’m fairly certain it happened when several people engaged me in conversation, since those few minutes were the only time I was not actively watching the car.

I still can’t believe I allowed this to happen, especially since I’m a 30+ year resident of Las Vegas, and know exactly what to expect from the people here. I started this thread as a warning and reminder to others; there are people at these gatherings that are not there for the love of the hobby.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am sorry for your loss! it surely is too bad that someone would have the guts to steal in front of others. 🙁

Anonymous
    salo65;14786 wrote:
    I am sorry for your loss! it surely is too bad that someone would have the guts to steal in front of others. 🙁

I know its just a camera but I think its another sign of the times; and the times yet to come.

Anonymous

WTF?
    You never mentioned this to me, I was under the impression you left your camera at home. That sucks that you didn’t get to capture the MBZ that you really liked at the last c and c show. (Now i know why).

That really sucks to hear that some dickhead took your camera, (probably won’t even know how to use it i bet). What brand/model was it?

Park next to my truck at the next show, (you can leave cash on your dashboard with your windows down).

Anonymous
    Dents;14809 wrote:
    WTF?
    You never mentioned this to me, I was under the impression you left your camera at home. That sucks that you didn’t get to capture the MBZ that you really liked at the last c and c show. (Now i know why).

That really sucks to hear that some dickhead took your camera, (probably won’t even know how to use it i bet). What brand/model was it?

Park next to my truck at the next show, (you can leave cash on your dashboard with your windows down).

Yea I didn’t mention it because I don’t like to dwell on the fact that it got stolen. But after thinking about it for a while, I thought I had better post this up for other people’s benefit. Maybe you can help me figure out what camera to get to replace it?

Edit:

The camera was a Fuji FinePix s5100.

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous

Im sorry to hear the news, it is a reminder of not only the times we live in but the City itself. As much as I like Vegas, every crime or scam ever dreamed up has been tried and probably perfected here.

Normally the car shows are so safe, it takes a huge set of b*lls to walk off with something from an unlocked car at a venue like this.

I will be changing my habits because of your misfortune, thanks for letting everyone know about it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Las Vegas’ is closed to new topics and replies.