Colorado Movie Cars Car Show for Movie Cars – Evening of Saturday, June 9th!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have lurked the Cars and Coffee boards for quite some time, and you have all been pretty great so I though I’d go ahead and extend an invitation to anyone interested!

I’m one of the founders of Colorado Movie Cars. For the uninitiated – you have groups of Corvette owners, you have groups of Mustang owners, we are a group of people who own replica movie and television cars! Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard, Back to the Future, the Blues Brothers, etc. You probably already know Joe and Lori Peifer, who have a rockin’ red Gran Torino from Starsky and Hutch!

Well we’ve got our own show going now! It’s full name is the “Colorado Movie Cars Car Show for Movie Cars: Featuring Cars That May or May Not Be Movie Cars or Even Cars

Hopefully the name makes things clear. The goal of the event is to create a FREE haven for people who want to show off their rides that may be slightly more obscure than your regular rod and custom fare. We want scooters. We want fire trucks. We want motorcycles and rat rods post-apocalyptic cars. We want movie cars and cars with super hero logos on them and we want hearses! We want those oh-so-special mancave toys that you would never otherwise bring out to a car show.

Last year we put together something similar to test the waters and it was pretty successful. Only half of the Movie Cars could attend, but we ended up getting some DeLorean owners and even a few Magnums and 300Cs came by to have a look and a meal and look around before taking off. A fleet of fantastic classic Vespas showed up as well!

Last year we had one half of the parking lot closed off, a DJ, and a handful of cars. For 2012 we are closing off BOTH SIDES of the lot to make more room for whoever wants to show up. As we now have a Vespa in the roster of movie car replicas, we’ll actually have an area designated for two-wheeled guests to not only park, but actually participate in the show area. We’ll have a DJ spinning classic rock, 80s and modern pop tunes, and we’ll have tables for vendors or other organizations on-hand (free, as well!).

We expect to have twice as many movie cars present as last year, with many more cars showing up. The event is later in the afternoon to avoid the hot hot heat of mid-day and so we don’t interfere with any other shows you may want to go to that morning. We don’t have a designated registration time, feel free to come and go as you please, we’ll make sure to accommodate. We also have tons of classic characters showing up in costume, everything from Star Wars to Ghostbusters, so it’s a REALLY cool event for kids! As the sun goes down we encourage the attendees who have special lighting rigs to power them on and cause a commotion, we’ll even have a Code 3 siren salute to wrap the event!

So this is me, inviting you, the awesome, badass Cars’n’Coffee-ers of Denver to swing by and show off your seriously awesome rides alongside our goof troop!

What: Colorado Movie Cars Car Show for Movie Cars
    When: Saturday, June 9th 2012 3:30pm-9pm
    Where: Steve’s Snappin’ Dogs – 3525 E. Colfax Ave Denver, CO
    Facebook event link – Colorado Movie Cars Link to Event!

470117_365475176807464_121438437877807_1219243_1482834244_o.jpg

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FCXhs.jpg?1[/IMG]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks like fun!

-Jeff

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Cars and Coffee Denver’ is closed to new topics and replies.